Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 217 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
The idea of the deal is that NATO countries with MiG-29s give them to Ukraine, and then we give that country F-16s to backfill the lose of the MiGs.
Your post was a little ambiguous with the use of "them" after saying it was like Lucy and the football so I took that to mean you didn't think the Ukraine would get the MIGs and that we should give them F-16s

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Former President of USA still living rent free in the minds of Liberals. They are asking Hillary Clinton to release more Russian disinformation so another impeachment can be conducted by a drunk elderly Speaker of the House.

Lol, look at this projection from a qanon nutter. You guys still be blaming the clintons and obama years from now. what a joke your kind is.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Former President of USA still living rent free in the minds of Liberals. They are asking Hillary Clinton to release more Russian disinformation so another impeachment can be conducted by a drunk elderly Speaker of the House.
There is an ice wall somewhere with your name on it…. go find it?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Plus Putin is already saying sanctions are an act of war. So if he says no-fly zone is act of war too, so what? NATO member Turkey shot down Russian jet in Syria, Russia just sucked it up. NATO which dangled membership promise to the Ukraine that got this confrontation in motion, cannot now allow Putin to level several million+ population major European cities with enormous cultural heritage due to nuclear blackmail.
Talk about Putins micro penis is an act of war…
The way this is going, do we actually believe there is rocket fuel on those ballistic nuclear missiles?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I only meant to agree on implementing no fly zone. This is the only way I see to prevent massive casualties of civilians and possibly end this war. Economic sanctions will not stop him any time soon. Russia is mostly rural and people living there won't see impact of sanctions for a while. They only watch propaganda tv stations and love Putin no matter what. If his army takes over Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia will be probably next. He made it clear that break up of Soviet Union was a huge mistake and should have never happened.
Unfortunately, if you implement a no-fly zone, you may as well jump straight to declaring war, since the effect will be the same and you can get right to ending everything faster.

Feb 4, 2009
I think some things attributed to Russia was actually done by Ukrainian forces.

Hey thanks for the reasonable reply. Seriously thank you.
I too suspect some stuff is made up by Ukraine because it is a war.
My point was Ukraine isn’t doing something horrible to make those points
Regardless my question which the previous poster never answered was regarding the EU or US

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Zelenskey says the Russians plan to bomb Odessa, which at least at one point was probably true.

Probably complicated by Russian forces getting turned back at Mykolaiv, the existence of substantial SAM capability, uncertain numbers of anti-ship missiles, and the inability of the navy to get reinforcements now that Turkey has closed off the Bosporus to military traffic.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000

Lol, look at this projection from a qanon nutter. You guys still be blaming the clintons and obama years from now. what a joke your kind is.

This guy makes so little sense I bet hes one of those nutjobs that doesn't even get along with other qnuts except online. In real life I bet hes so weird and annoying people do there best to just get away from him. We should treat him like that here, like hes that stinky loud weird fuck in your face saying its all hillary disinformation. You just walk away and don't argue because you have no desire to be near him and know hes just that crazy weirdo.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
So…any bets on Kaliningrad declaring independence any time soon?
The more likely action would be Russia/Belarus invading the Suwalki Gap, as opposed to independence. There is a major military presence at Kaliningrad. Belarus and Putin discussions already indirectly implied this option, with Belarus investing in port on Baltic Sea.

With the only minor difficulty, to get to a Baltic port from Belarus, requires just a small invasion of Lithuania (or Poland), which would then also nicely isolate the Baltics for later Russian digestion. If the 10 day takeover of Ukraine had gone to plan, Russia would have, in addition to the Kaliningrad division which already substantially outguns (on paper) any nearby NATO assets, an overwhelming force "fresh" from Ukraine to take on a handful of NATO assets near the baltics, and make it fait accompli. Of course, not all has gone to plan.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think some things attributed to Russia was actually done by Ukrainian forces.
Spoken like a true Putin cuck. Give a complete pass to Russia while expecting perfection from Ukraine so he can #bothsides any issue

Which one of these are you?
MAGA_morons.jpg