Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 213 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Doesn't appear that they are stockpiling them. I do think they'll have the largest tank salvage yard in the world before long though.
When it's over, they can sell the captured tanks to collectors to help fund the rebuild. I'd like one in my garage if I have the money and space.

AtenRa

Lifer
Feb 2, 2009
Is that a new Aircraft Carrier?

Oh you mean the Harry S. Truman A-10 Carrier? Yeah, this bad boy is scheduled to be decommissioned by 2024, But I say keep that beast alive much longer due to the current state of afairs

exexexe fixed it thx

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Hundreds of missiles Germany might send to Ukraine no longer operational

Germany decided to send defensive weapons to the ex-Soviet country, including Strela light-weight, shoulder-fired, surface-to-air missile, or MANPADS.

Yet, there may be a problem because, according to the local reports, a large part of these missiles are no longer operational as they have long been left to rot in storage facilities.

The Soviet-made missiles belonged to the National People's Army (NVA) of what was once called the German Democratic Republic (GDR) or East Germany.

they're sending Ukraine missiles that cold war East Germany had before German reunification last century?! :eek:

Last edited:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Hundreds of missiles Germany might send to Ukraine no longer operational

Germany decided to send defensive weapons to the ex-Soviet country, including Strela light-weight, shoulder-fired, surface-to-air missile, or MANPADS.

Yet, there may be a problem because, according to the local reports, a large part of these missiles are no longer operational as they have long been left to rot in storage facilities.

The Soviet-made missiles belonged to the National People's Army (NVA) of what was once called the German Democratic Republic (GDR) or East Germany.

they're sending Ukraine missiles that cold war East Germany had before German reunification last century?! :eek:
That's terrible. There are people risking their lives to get those in country.

Nov 17, 2019
Poland snatchin' the stuff ....

Poland To Seize Russian Diplomats' Property And Use It To House Ukrainian Refugees

www.forbes.com.ico
Forbes|3 hours ago
Poland plans to take control of disputed Russian property in Warsaw and turn it into accommodation for people fleeing the war in Ukraine.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Madman with dementia wants to launch Nukes. Mark my words. :(

Hopefully the people who have the launch codes have a plan just like the people with USA launch codes had a plan when an Orange imbecile was it's leader.

Or could Putin be following the Watchmen playbook?

1646514610086.png

Putin actually wants a stronger future for humankind and makes himself a martyr by uniting the world against him.

(Ironically, in Watchmen, the martyr united USA and Russia to peace from the brink of war.)

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Madman with dementia wants to launch Nukes. Mark my words. :(

Hopefully the people who have the launch codes have a plan just like the people with USA launch codes had a plan when an Orange imbecile was it's leader.
Putin knows his declaration is just propaganda. No nation has declared war against Russia. The sanctions are coming from a hundred different directions. WTH is he going to do about it? Blow up the planet? I doubt he can do that and I doubt he's considering it.

The noose is tightening on him but it's not coming from outside Russia. The noose is internal and it's the sanctions that are the impetuous.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It is possible to have more MANPADS that you can effectively use, hard to say how many have been sent. More advanced systems or a no-fly would be of a lot more good to Ukraine, but those are both big asks.

Sure, just a major change from the outset of the conflict.

I think the Greeks have a second hand S-300 battalion they might be convinced to part with…

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Good editorial about how Putin's ugly invasion has hurt the far right politically, especially in Europe. Because those assholes supported Putin's annexation of Crimea, and because they publicly predicted that Putin would not invade Ukraine.

Yet another reason it is important that Putin fail and be thrown out. The worse this gets for Putin, this worse this gets for the far right in western countries, including Trump.
I hope it bites the right in this country right in their lying asses

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Just a little question.
What would you say if it were to be learned that Donald Trump has been conducting ongoing personal phone calls between himself and Vladimir Putin before, during, and since the Russian invasion?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Good editorial about how Putin's ugly invasion has hurt the far right politically, especially in Europe. Because those assholes supported Putin's annexation of Crimea, and because they publicly predicted that Putin would not invade Ukraine.

Yet another reason it is important that Putin fail and be thrown out. The worse this gets for Putin, this worse this gets for the far right in western countries, including Trump, who is too stupid to stop praising him, even as recently as last week.
I'm soo confused. Aren't those the Neo Nazis Putin said is running the country? /s

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Just a little question.
What would you say if it were to be learned that Donald Trump has been conducting ongoing personal phone calls between himself and Vladimir Putin before, during, and since the Russian invasion?
After the Trump shooting someone on 5th Ave the answer is predictable.

There's NO LOW that guy could sink below that people wouldn't still support him because they are as bad as him

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Musk has a brain.
wouldnt it better for the USA if Biden forbid US drilling companies from exporting oil.
it was recently that US can export.
Back in 1975, US banned the export of oil due to OPEC.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I'm soo confused. Aren't those the Neo Nazis Putin said is running the country? /s

The punchline. Zelensky is a Jew.

He was elected with 73% of the vote.

The Ukrainian Neo-Nazi party (C14) openly and violently opposed Zelensky.

Yet Putin is trying to claim a country that 3/4 of which voted for a Jew is "nazified."

OK Vlad. Sure...

But Vlad did accomplish one thing: C14 has joined Zelensky in fighting Russia. LOL