Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 207 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

UK press was shot at in Kyiv

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Russia has blocked Youtube,Twitter and Facebook now, i believe only instagram and whatsapp are left open

Feb 4, 2009
define "dangerous disinformation". dangerous to who? and what information exactly?

---> and try to confirm the extent of casualties on both sides accurately. best of luck with that.

there exists propaganda from many different commentators. all with their own slant or perspectives on events.

...but im thinking back to the cold war days prior to glasnost and the fall of the berlin wall. surely the world has moved on since then. even putin exists in a world far different to that time. Putin has been playing his games for a couple of decades now. perhaps his time is coming to an end.

==
not that i want an argument to escalate matters, or to present myself for subjugation to other's world views (it's a little thing called freedom, perhaps you're familiar with it)

freedom can take many forms, especially when it is constrained by practical considerations - like rules, civil conduct, invading armies wishing to seize assets (assets which some westerners certainly hold interests in yeh? - shit like that)

and as much as i think putin should keep his grubby hands out of ukraine, remember the repercussions of sanctions on russia around the world.

maybe im just interested on what a russia without putin, And without a frigging macdonalds franchise would look like XD. I think there is a better world possible, minus the superpowers playing their bullshit games.

You are avoiding the question. Earlier you stated misinformation on "both sides", I stated dangerous misinformation only happens on one side, which you appeared to giggle at.
Please cite the dangerous misinformation that is coming from Europe or the US or simply state there is none. The answer should be simple and not require a wall of text to explain.

Reactions: dank69

adamsleath

May 4, 2007
You are avoiding the question. Earlier you stated misinformation on "both sides", I stated dangerous misinformation only happens on one side, which you appeared to giggle at.
Please cite the dangerous misinformation that is coming from Europe or the US or simply state there is none. The answer should be simple and not require a wall of text to explain.
the wall of text is what i Think.

i mentioned "accurate casualties reports".

and i'll counter with asking you what dangerous disinformation is coming out of russia?

I have no particular liking of bullies of any kind.

another aspect of war, certainly is disrupting communications, and to escalate conflict, and emotions around aggression.

i'll laugh it all off from a safe distance of course. but the whole world will suffer at the hands of the super powers.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
We need to directly, covertly, or indirectly blow the bridges to Crimea. That would be a critical way to secure Ukraine's south by severing supply lines.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Shame on you Florida, but then this kind of thing is to be expected in DeSantisland.

Florida House avoids voting to divest from Russia over Ukraine invasion

"During a floor session, state Rep. Andrew Learned, D-Brandon, proposed amending a bill to prohibit the State Board of Administration from investing Florida Retirement System assets in any company, Russian or otherwise, that does business with the Russian government. The move was in response to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s decision to invade Ukraine.
Republican lawmakers, who control the House, ruled the amendment out of order on a technicality.

This should surprise no one. It’s seems no matter how hard these guys try not to get re-elected, they seem to get a larger winning margin. Unbelievable. Not sure the mindset of the average Florida voter is over a 6th grade understanding.

Reactions: Zorba and dank69

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Ok Putin Jr. You act like Clinton didn't pay for Russian disinformation before the 2016 election and hasn't called multiple people Russian assets. Idiot. I can only imagine what you would say if I insult the great and glorious China.

Do you enjoy people laughing at you? Does it make you feel special that everyone thinks you are a brainwashed moron? I’m genuinely curious because your posts are so easy to fact check and we’ve all had long threads discussing your misinformation before and yet here you are repeating lies and right wing propaganda. I’m honestly surprised you like to embarrass yourself this often.

Reactions: zinfamous
Feb 4, 2009
the wall of text is what i Think.

i mentioned "accurate casualties reports".

and i'll counter with asking you what dangerous disinformation is coming out of russia?

I have no particular liking of bullies of any kind.

another aspect of war, certainly is disrupting communications, and to escalate conflict, and emotions around aggression.

i'll laugh it all off from a safe distance of course. but the whole world will suffer at the hands of the super powers.

Let's start here:

So what did you mean by LOL here:

I am still waiting for dangerous misinformation coming from Europe or the US

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
Remember when it was out that they were communicating unencrypted over radio? What was that? Noobs not knowing the right buttons to push or what?
Either it was amateur hour OR fully intentional.
And if it was intentional what does that mean?
fmr us general Petreus did a comment segment a few days ago: putin's generals failed to get communication relay trucks deployed as the ground troops moved forward. basically no mobile repeater trucks for the newer tech encrypted radios to be able to reach rear command, so the troops were forced to transmit in the open on the older radios.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I watched a video today from a Russian who visited multiple gas stations around his city to show us that even with sanctions their gas is still less than half of what we pay here in the US.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I watched a video today from a Russian who visited multiple gas stations around his city to show us that even with sanctions their gas is still less than half of what we pay here in the US.

of course, Russia is an exporter of oil and gas, not an importer. when the world clamps down, they will have more, not less. any chance this youtuber is filming buying groceries? probably not.

adamsleath

May 4, 2007
Let's start here:

So what did you mean by LOL here:

I am still waiting for dangerous misinformation coming from Europe or the US
an interesting read:
now you have expanded on what you mean by disinformation.

ill focus on this article:
US intelligence assesses that Russia could be planning a multi-front offensive on neighboring Ukraine as early as next year, involving up to 175,000 troops.

The Kremlin denies it plans to invade and says the West is gripped by Russophobia. Moscow says the expansion of NATO threatens Russia and has contravened assurances given to it as the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.

"Vladimir Putin gave a detailed outline of his principal evaluation of the current situation around Ukraine," the Kremlin said of the call with Johnson.

"It was underlined that all this is happening against the background of active military 'expansion' on the territory of Ukraine by NATO countries creating a direct threat to the security of Russia," the Kremlin said.

XD.
the world according to Putin.

the sort of 'disinformation' I am referring to is more about accuracy of reporting what has happened in terms of the extent of casualties. And also the unknown (yet commented on) extent of the military assets putin has at his disposal, how he'll deploy them, when where etc.

as to how putin has framed his apparently paranoid delusions to justify his aggressive territorial land grab aspirations. yes it's ludicrous to me.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
State of Kentucky's Teachers Retirement System was the second-largest shareholder for Sberbank of Russia (The largest bank in Russia). Their position dropped 95% in value from $13MM to $778K

Dig, the senators from Kentucky are Moscow Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul. :rolleyes:

Some chickens just came home to roost, or should I say flew the coop?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
he's never been in touch reality, not unlike most born into millions/billions.
Talking like that to John Daly, bragging about his association with Vlad Putin, makes Trump out not just a lunatic but an epic fool.