Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1545 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
"there is only one guaranteed way you can have peace--and you can have it in the next second--surrender."

Ass clown.
I would be interested to know what ‘very soon’ means to him, considering the three day war is well on its way to being the three year war.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Do we know the French thing was Russians and not any of the other groups that have done French things over recent years?
Not yet with certainty.

While in theory could have been one of many various French protest groups including environmentalists, or islamic state terrorists, or somesuch. But no credit being immediately claimed pushes it toward the Russians as far most likely sponsors in my mind - as:
1) All the other likely candidates like and need to claim credit for spreading their various causes,
2) Russia has certainly been active with its hybrid warfare campaigns continuing across Europe,
3) this wasn't a one or two location attack, but a complex, coordinated, mutli-pronged attack which completely rules out any small scale actors or individuals,
4) Also, the French railway is broadly seen as a source of national pride making French nationalists less likely (though not impossible)
5) And the attack was not targeted to cause casualties (basically rules out Islamic state terrorists.)

So I'd pretty much narrow it down to the Russians as the only ones with means, motive, and wouldn't immediately claim credit.

Reactions: Meghan54

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004

New Zelensky music video out guys. Didn’t know in addition to being an actor, he is also a musician!

🎤
I, for one, love clowns that (that's right, 'that' and not 'who' cuz they're not people) think countries are giving cash to Ukraine... If you're gonna make a propaganda, botched-up video with the effort of a pile of turd, at least make it factual... Fuckin' clowns.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Hey cyka, do you like rounding errors? I do. :smile: America's shopping spree for bargain priced dead orcs continues apace; you said something about money?

GAO extends another middle finger at Putain Oh look, another $2 billion for those brave Ukrainians and foreign volunteers. Not as big as the last time this happened, but hey, still a lot of kaboom, no?

"Miscalculations in the value of weaponry the United States has sent to Ukraine has again been uncovered, increasing the Pentagon's purse to supply its besieged ally by another $2 billion. At more than $53 billion in military assistance, the United States is by far Ukraine's largest backer in its two-year war against Russia.

Last year, the Pentagon notified Congress that it had overvalued some of the defense articles it sent to Ukraine by about $6.2 billion. Because of this miscalculation, the Government Accountability Office was directed by Congress through the passing of the omnibus Consolidated Appropriation Act spending bill late last year to audit funds appropriate to support Ukraine.

The GAO report was published Thursday identifying "additional reductions in values" totally nearly $2 billion. It said the majority of the miscalculations concerned what are called OM&S, which are items that are used in normal operations, such as spare parts, ammunition and missiles. The miscalculations are in connection to presidential drawdowns, meaning items taken from Pentagon stockpiles. The report states the Department of Defense valued some of the items not based on their value at the time they were taken from U.S. stockpiles but from the cost to replace them."

Putin would sell his daughter's ass to be able to inject 2billion US dollars worth of working weapons directly into his invasion effort. Zelenskyy is probably pleased, don't you think cyka?

Last edited:
Reactions: igor_kavinski

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Message here is 550.000 dead(or injured?) and that will climb to a 1-1.5 million in a years time.

That is fucking staggering numbers...

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Hey cyka, do you like rounding errors? I do. :smile: America's shopping spree for bargain priced dead orcs continues apace; you said something about money?

GAO extends another middle finger at Putain Oh look, another $2 billion for those brave Ukrainians and foreign volunteers. Not as big as the last time this happened, but hey, still a lot of kaboom, no?

"Miscalculations in the value of weaponry the United States has sent to Ukraine has again been uncovered, increasing the Pentagon's purse to supply its besieged ally by another $2 billion. At more than $53 billion in military assistance, the United States is by far Ukraine's largest backer in its two-year war against Russia.

Last year, the Pentagon notified Congress that it had overvalued some of the defense articles it sent to Ukraine by about $6.2 billion. Because of this miscalculation, the Government Accountability Office was directed by Congress through the passing of the omnibus Consolidated Appropriation Act spending bill late last year to audit funds appropriate to support Ukraine.

The GAO report was published Thursday identifying "additional reductions in values" totally nearly $2 billion. It said the majority of the miscalculations concerned what are called OM&S, which are items that are used in normal operations, such as spare parts, ammunition and missiles. The miscalculations are in connection to presidential drawdowns, meaning items taken from Pentagon stockpiles. The report states the Department of Defense valued some of the items not based on their value at the time they were taken from U.S. stockpiles but from the cost to replace them."

Putin would sell his daughter's ass to be able to inject 2billion US dollars worth of working weapons directly into his invasion effort. Zelenskyy is probably pleased, don't you think cyka?
Excellent! Thanks for this post. It backs up my previous one deliciously... And of course, even more excellent news to continue to support orc-repelling fighters 💪🏾

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
*sigh*

It is time for Ukrainian jets of French design flown by French speaking Ukrainian pilots maintained by French speaking Ukrainian ground personnel to start shooting down Russian jets and bombing Russian targets in Russia.

Sometimes that sort of thing happens in war. It happened in Korea. It happened in Vietnam. It happened in Egypt. Although I think they were Russian speaking pilots in all those examples.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I think Putin is holding out till November, when Kamala wins he will sprint for the exit.

Given the speed at which items are disappearing from Russian storage depots their equipment issues are likely to grow way more critical sometime over 2025. Less equipment means they'll try to use more men instead which means more causalities and need to mobilize yet again. He'll want to avoid this scenario preferably by getting Trump to cut them off but if Harris wins he's going to come to the table without his usually absurd demands because another four years like this is not doable.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
I read another item somewhere that I can't find again now.

Gist was that even if they completely stopped now and withdrew everything, it would take them five years or more to rebuild their military.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Wonder if there is a plan to step in.. in a "peace keeping capacity" when Russia dissolves into anarchistic autonomous territories - you know .. to keep track of the nukes and shit.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I read another item somewhere that I can't find again now.

Gist was that even if they completely stopped now and withdrew everything, it would take them five years or more to rebuild their military.

Considering the scale of the equipment losses more like a decade, if they stopped now. They're only making 20 T-90Ms a month on a wartime production basis.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
EU is going to block Russian LNG boats from their waters.

"In an effort to push Russia into using more costly routes for energy purposes, the ministers said in a statement, the EU will “forbid reloading services of Russian LNG in EU territory for the purpose of transshipment operations to third countries.”

Now do the same thing to the 600 poorly maintained, uninsured boats moving crude illegally without transponders on. Seize the boats in fact. In addition to propping up Putin's genocide with black market funds, these boats are being used as poor man's ISR platforms.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
EU is going to block Russian LNG boats from their waters.

"In an effort to push Russia into using more costly routes for energy purposes, the ministers said in a statement, the EU will “forbid reloading services of Russian LNG in EU territory for the purpose of transshipment operations to third countries.”

Now do the same thing to the 600 poorly maintained, uninsured boats moving crude illegally without transponders on. Seize the boats in fact. In addition to propping up Putin's genocide with black market funds, these boats are being used as a poor man's ISR.
Everything on the east side of the Black Sea needs to just start blowing up. Every single craft in the water.

misuspita

Jul 15, 2006
Attacking the port city on the Danube, if flying in a straight line, would require crossing Romanian land.
The river bends.
Yes and no. It depends on where are they launched from and of course their flight path. They can fly over only Ukraine airspace, but that is heavily defended and they were banking on adiacent countries not shooting stuff, which until now worked. Anyway, the russians are really pushing the limits on what's possible, showing total disrespect for treaties, as they've always did. I'm kind of sad there is no political will to tell them if they cross NATO air space there will be a interdiction of anything Russian flying or sailing for 100km around NATO borders as a "NATO safespace"

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Considering the scale of the equipment losses more like a decade, if they stopped now. They're only making 20 T-90Ms a month on a wartime production basis.
Yup, this. They have to rebuild entire industries to be able to reach the capacity they once had. Barrel foundries, chip fabs, engine plants, artifact assembly lines, everything.

That's not even counting all the stuff Ukraine has blown up, those refineries aren't made out of cardboard.