Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1078 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012

“By the start of this year, Russia was able to reimport certain key categories of electronics at about pre-war levels,” Jim O’Brien, sanctions coordinator at the U.S. State Department, told POLITICO's Brussels Playbook at an ECFR event in Stockholm, referring to chips, processors and integrated circuits key to making modern weapons.

The problem, O’Brien said, is that European companies are selling to other countries, which in turn resell the materials to Russia.

Sanctions circumvention remains a “substantial problem,” O’Brien said, adding the U.S. has identified issues with five countries in particular: Turkey, Kazakhstan, Georgia, the United Arab Emirates and Armenia.

This is ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: Ajay and cytg111

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Reactions: Racan and Ajay

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Reactions: Leeea

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Debunked many times? He made a prediction 8 years ago, and that prediction has come true. That is literally the opposite of debunking bud, and that's why it has 30 million views.

How many views does your video have on the Ukraine/Russian crisis? Oh right, none.

But keep posting those tweets from CIA funded bot accounts. That's some real geopolitical analysis right there.

BTW, Mearsheimer recently did another lecture on the current events with the war and more importantly, his opinion on how the war will end:

And here is a summarized version of it in case you don't have the time to watch the entire thing:

Spoiler: It's not going to end well for Ukraine.

Refer to all the previous times your pathetic Mearsheimer fixation has gotten you laughed out of the thread.

Then again, the worship of Mearsheimer makes sense in that neither of you have any credibility I guess. Losers gotta stick together no? I think it's impressive you can even type geopolitical analysis, let alone pretend you understand and perform it. Your posts smack of someone who's entire worldview comes from Youtube and talk radio, so weak.

Vetted sources, argumentum ad populum; I hope you learn about these things in high school one day kid. The real spoiler: being this clueless as an adult will not end well for you. Ditto for the apathy towards genocide and war crimes.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'm not going to spend anymore time addressing the joke that is Mearsheimer beyond providing this for some extra context on the racist tool.

Just another 'Russia is always the victim' type who shares Putin's animosity towards Ukrainian autonomy and sovereignty. His issues with Jewish people and supporting anti-semetic types also concerning. I'm quite glad he is so irrelevant.

"He assured Chotiner—this was just days after the invasion began—that the assault wouldn’t go far. Putin, Mearsheimer said, “understands that he cannot conquer Ukraine and integrate it into a greater Russia or into a reincarnation of the former Soviet Union. He can’t do that.” And yet Putin himself now says this is precisely his goal. The fact that he is unable to follow through with it doesn’t mean that it isn’t his intention. Mearsheimer ignores the distinction; he simply brushes aside, or at times distorts, what Putin himself has said."

I saw someone, somewhere, post that Mearsheimer "is the Pierre Sprey of political commentary" and have to say, I can't argue with that.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Had no idea you could make an AESA this small.

Galium nitride is wonderful stuff. That is small, I wonder if they can use it offensively like with larger arrays. Bet you can get more reach than with a handheld jammer, if the juice is there anyway. Using a handful of plentiful 7.62 or 30mm to do the job, hard to beat that cost to kill ratio. It can see beyond 4k though, detect and track is nice but let's do engage! I feel like there should be a pint sized launcher for something added there.

That guy's funny "Old radar types never die; they just phased array!"

Last edited:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Galium nitride is wonderful stuff. That is small, I wonder if they can use it offensively like with larger arrays. Bet you can get more reach than with a handheld jammer, if the juice is there anyway. Using a handful of plentiful 7.62 or 30mm to do the job, hard to beat that cost to kill ratio. It can see beyond 4k though, detect and track is nice but let's do engage! I feel like there should be a pint sized launcher for something added there.

An array of model rockets with blasting caps attached would be fun.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007

there arent enough emotes in the world to express my displeasure and chagrin to my laughing at that joke. take your damn upvote reaction.

im amazed the tx/rx modules can get that small. i suppose for the size of the drones being targeted the wavelengths are towards the shorter end.

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
Great if true.

Bild journalist Julian Röpke, who yesterday announced the destruction of the German IRIS-T * air defense system in service with the Armed Forces of Ukraine, denied this information.

💬"From what we hear from the German side, the system was knocked out, but it was not destroyed. When I spoke to my contacts in Germany from government circles, they said that the strike was very close and there was a fire, but the system itself, and this is very good news for Ukraine, is still in working order.

It
is important to clarify that Röpke initially made a mistake in terminology - it was not about the IRIS-T air defense system, which, like the Patriot, consists of several components, but about the Hensoldt TRML-4D radar station, Alexander Kovalenko wrote about this yesterday "Evil Odessa". Which, of course, would make this loss no less significant - the TRML-4D costs under € 17 million and is the most important component of the air defense system. This is really very good news if the radar is in working order.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
They armed those groups because the president they voted for was coup'd by the CIA and those Ukrainians rejected it, which led to a civil war because eastern Ukraine and the Kiev regime. How would you like if if the president you voted for was toppled by a Russian funded coup and the new president was a Russian puppet? I'm guessing you wouldn't like it very much.

Hilarious that we go around the world spreading 'democracy' while in bed with Saudi Arabia and funding coup attempts all over the world to topple leaders who won't follow order, you know like Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi, etc...They tried toppling Maduro at least 3 times. Remember when the establishment tried propping up that clown Juan Guiado as the real president of Venezuela?

My idea of democracy isn't overthrowing leaders of other countries, then picking out the next president for that country. Do I need to post the Victoria Nuland call again to bring you up to speed?
Can we at least agree that the residents of the Belgorod People’s Republic should be permitted a referendum about their status without being subject to attacks by Russian government forces?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm not going to spend anymore time addressing the joke that is Mearsheimer beyond providing this for some extra context on the racist tool.

Just another 'Russia is always the victim' type who shares Putin's animosity towards Ukrainian autonomy and sovereignty. His issues with Jewish people and supporting anti-semetic types also concerning. I'm quite glad he is so irrelevant.

"He assured Chotiner—this was just days after the invasion began—that the assault wouldn’t go far. Putin, Mearsheimer said, “understands that he cannot conquer Ukraine and integrate it into a greater Russia or into a reincarnation of the former Soviet Union. He can’t do that.” And yet Putin himself now says this is precisely his goal. The fact that he is unable to follow through with it doesn’t mean that it isn’t his intention. Mearsheimer ignores the distinction; he simply brushes aside, or at times distorts, what Putin himself has said."

I saw someone, somewhere, post that Mearsheimer "is the Pierre Sprey of political commentary" and have to say, I can't argue with that.
It probably bears reposting this interview with Mearscheimer where he completely beclowns himself.

This is @Young Grasshopper ’s genius. Lol.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Drach