Running engine while pumping gas

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainman38

Nov 16, 2011
Necro thread! For a stupid reason, too...

Which means you support sexual abuse.

Or did you just think it was a funny comment, so where's the harm in a little life shattering abuse?

Perhaps you spend your days reading every new thing that pops up on this forum, but since I just came across it while researching laws on leaving your car running at the gas station, it's new to me.

While most of the stupid comments were addressed in previous posts, the most glaring and egregious offense was ignored by all of you - hence my reason for posting.

This is the only warning you get. Starting your time here by necro-posting (when you could have responded to any of dozens of current threads involving the poster) specifically to engage in member call-outs has not put you on my good list.

Thread locked.

Zenmervolt - AnandTech Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Do you know ANYONE who has been sexually abused?! Do you have the faintest conception of the absolute degradation of self, of the anguish, of the lifelong horror that goes along with sexual abuse?!
Actually yeah I do. She's currently a university student. She's cute, smart, funny, friendly, hard working, and well adjusted. Sexual abuse is more widespread than people realize.

You should have to turn off the engine 2 miles away from the station and push it to have it fueled. Also no traffic allowed within 2 miles of the gas station.
It's ok to drive up to it because you can't spill gas like a retard until you get out of the car. That's why you need to turn the car off if you plan on spilling fuel everywhere.

Shutting the car off and turning it back on many times is hard on the battery, alternator, and the starter. Those items may be killed quickly from too many rapid starts and stops.
It shouldn't be too bad for the battery. Lead batteries in cars are only damaged if you run them down a lot before charging. You might be thinking of nicad batteries and how shallow charging and discharging is hard on them.
Charging the battery shouldn't be too hard on the alternator either unless you're also running every other electrical device at the same time. Heated seats will stress your alternator as much as charging the battery will.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Your average heated seat is about 50 watts, so not much strain on the alternator. With all 4 on in my Jeep at idle, the voltage doesn't even budge.

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
Which means you support sexual abuse.

Or did you just think it was a funny comment, so where's the harm in a little life shattering abuse?

Perhaps you spend your days reading every new thing that pops up on this forum, but since I just came across it while researching laws on leaving your car running at the gas station, it's new to me.

While most of the stupid comments were addressed in previous posts, the most glaring and egregious offense was ignored by all of you - hence my reason for posting.

This thread was created months before the poster he quoted even said that. So of course it was "ignored" since it didn't exist originally in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.