Rumor: Trump will fire Mueller in 5 days

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I never criticized Mueller. I hold both Mueller and Comey in high regard.

What is the point of the Horowitz inquiry other than some fairly obvious evidence of misconduct.

I am criticizing the Clinton waterboy who got exposed via the Horowitz inquiries, who subsequently got removed from the Mueller investigation.

The point of the Horowitz inquiry is to placate Congressional Repubs. What evidence do you speak of?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Depends.

Scumbag in and of itself, no.

But if the FBI agent has a mistress to which he is inappropriately texting facts about the case, there is cause for concern.

If the agent were to text something to said mistress like:

"I don't care about his alibi, this scumbag needs to go down. We need an insurance policy that will put this <insert culturally insensitive derogative> away for good."

Such a text message could potentially undermine the investigation to the extent that a good defense lawyer would cloud the narrative by establishing bias.

Strzok's mistress was a FBI lawyer. The messages in question have no such content, anyway.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
So can you address my question?

Although it doesnt directly address Meuller, its another possible ding against the FBI, which *has* played a part in his investigation.

With that said, I dont think it will have much impact on his investigation, more so possible repercussions against the FBI.

Also will be interesting to see how the right frames this.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Although it doesnt directly address Meuller, its another possible ding against the FBI, which *has* played a part in his investigation.

With that said, I dont think it will have much impact on his investigation, more so possible repercussions against the FBI.

Also will be interesting to see how the right frames this.

You've been using their frame all along.

Reactions: cytg111

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
You need to Stop drinking the cool-aide Youniqua. You are in for eight long years of disappointment. Embrace the MAGA - and be free.
LOL! Insisting on keeping it stupid Felix! Your commitment is extraordinary in its... well, stupidity. The America you're rooting for is a hell hole. You're all about 3rd worlding it hey? Lack of healthcare, education, decency, economical balance, social equality, clean air, clean water, global respect, oughta lock it.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2009
Except of course in context it just meant that they needed to pursue their investigation aggressively, which is entirely proper. I'm sure you agree?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-fbi...licy-text-referred-to-russia-probe-1513624580

Here's why this account makes the most sense from the guy who broke the original story:

https://twitter.com/DelWilber/status/942873402435653632

Now do you feel better?
No, it's obviously a conspiracy by the deep state bureaucrats and needs to be stopped.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Wow, look at the desperation on the right.

Anyone complaining about Strzok needs to explain Ken Star and his team.

Take all the time you need.

Pure hypocrisy. It's not only that, but a moving of the goal posts and an attempt to muddy the waters.

You WANT your investigators biased against the suspect, but not corrupt. Someone biased in favor of them is liable to simply overlook things. So, with that in mind, please show evidence of actual corruption in the Trump campaign case. Show any manufactured evidence or false testimony. Yeah, there is none.

The mid terms and after are going to be the biggest shitshow this country has ever seen. The GOP has sold it's soul and has sunken to the lowest in the end justifying the means category. They have lost any and all credibility or claim to moral high ground. And the only people still clinging on ae doing so because of hate and bigotry.

How do I know? I'm a 50 year old fiscal and constitutional conservative who, in the last two decades, without changing one position, has come to sound increasingly liberal next to today's self proclaimed "conservative" who has been duped into authoritarian nationalism, racism and bigotry.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
As I said a couple times in this thread, I was skeptical of this rumor.

Moving forward, I tend to doubt that Trump will fire Mueller unless or until the investigation starts closing in on Trump and he gets really desperate. Even then, I think we're more likely to see him pardon everyone in sight rather than fire Mueller. Trump got burned from firing Comey and I'm pretty sure he knows it and won't repeat the error.

All this nonsense about Strzok, Uranium One, etc. is really an attempt to discredit the investigation findings in advance.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

Thank you for posting that. It's even less of a story to me reading it in full context like that. That sounds like exactly the conversation my wife and I had via text and IRL conversations during that same time frame.

Every single day people with biases are doing their jobs despite them. My wife loathes smoking and obesity yet she helps and educates people on a daily basis that are on her hospital unit from it. ED physicians and EMT's loath drug addicts but they won't let one die if they are able to prevent it. The entire congressional investigation is nothing but a biased partisan shit show. These texts are just what half the US said to their SO's during last years election.

Last edited:

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
It's astounding that no sense is the new common sense within the Trumpublican Party. They offer up their stupidity as though it makes sense. It's mind boggling.

Reactions: cytg111

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's astounding that no sense is the new common sense within the Trumpublican Party. They offer up their stupidity as though it makes sense. It's mind boggling.

Decades of relentless right wing agitprop have def taken a toll. It's insidious & pervasive. It has affected the basic attitudes of all too many people & not in a good way at all. Just thinking in terms of Me rather than We is tearing apart America.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Decades of relentless right wing agitprop have def taken a toll. It's insidious & pervasive. It has affected the basic attitudes of all too many people & not in a good way at all. Just thinking in terms of Me rather than We is tearing apart America.
Well, not just the right wing. Americans world wide are known for their entitled expectations and arrogance. Add to that Americans becoming the Instant Gratification Nation. It's wide spread. In my opinion there are far too many people (so many of them of the right wing persuasion) who lack the intelligence, temperament or skill set to balance their self-involvement in a world designed to cater to it. It creates anger, resentment, anxiety, inferiority and a hunger to actually get it on the level decent people do but their shortcomings work against them. Trump has given them permission to embrace those shortcomings and abuse the world with them.

Reactions: soundforbjt