Rudy drops out :(

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: eits
Originally posted by: spittledip
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: SoundTheSurrender
He got divorced 3 times.

Why the fuck would you want to elect someone who can't even handle a marriage.

People who think this guy is eligible are morons and don't deserve much.

You do realize marriage is between two people?

Who are you to blame all three divorces 100% on him???

Should the mods put God on the end of your SoundTheSurrender name?

he's got a point, though.

you don't want someone who's been married multiple times as your leader for the following reasons:
- obviously, they have a trend of making big mistakes
- marital problems are more likely, which could negatively affect someone in office
- they don't stick to their vows
- they don't try hard enough to find alternative solutions to the problem... they'd rather end it and start new

This is the same thing people said about Bill Clinton but for some reason it didn't matter with him...

he's a sex addict... that's definitely different than someone who gets divorced multiple times. he stayed married. being unfaithful and still married doesn't make you a bad leader... it makes you a great politician.

lol, I guess it does, doesn't it?

Hillary could ahve divorced him at that point, and yes, infidelity is breaking the marital contract, so it is essentially the same thing. And he had more than one affair, correct?

I don't care about this except for the inconsistency.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: SoundTheSurrender
He got divorced 3 times.

Why the fuck would you want to elect someone who can't even handle a marriage.

People who think this guy is eligible are morons and don't deserve much.

You do realize marriage is between two people?

Who are you to blame all three divorces 100% on him???

Should the mods put God on the end of your SoundTheSurrender name?

he's got a point, though.

you don't want someone who's been married multiple times as your leader for the following reasons:
- obviously, they have a trend of making big mistakes
- marital problems are more likely, which could negatively affect someone in office
- they don't stick to their vows
- they don't try hard enough to find alternative solutions to the problem... they'd rather end it and start new

This is the same thing people said about Bill Clinton but for some reason it didn't matter with him...

he's a sex addict... that's definitely different than someone who gets divorced multiple times. he stayed married. being unfaithful and still married doesn't make you a bad leader... it makes you a great politician.

lol, I guess it does, doesn't it?

Hillary could ahve divorced him at that point, and yes, infidelity is breaking the marital contract, so it is essentially the same thing. And he had more than one affair, correct?

I don't care about this except for the inconsistency.

the reason it makes you a great politician is because you fucked up and you can still keep the other party a close ally at the table ;)

seriously though, even if the marital contract might be broken in the eyes of God, it's not broken in the eyes of the law until the divorce papers are signed.

divorce = giving up on a vow completely
staying married after infidelity = giving up on a vow personally, but not nearly as easy as divorce

it's really an easy concept... i don't understand how you're not seeing the contrast here...