Rose Bowl Thread - USC v. Michigan

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I kept telling people that USC was as good as Michigan and their schedule proved it. They along with FLA played a tougher schedule than Michigan did. While Mich is a good team, so are USC and Florida and this game right here proves that USC is still a big time team. The top 4 teams are all very good, with Ohio State being a half notch ahead of the others.

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Feldenak
I'm figuring Pete "Douche Bag" Carroll goes for another homerun on their first play.

Nahh, he went for a double and a triple :p

Apr 17, 2003
Michigan should decline all future rose bowl invitations because they really cant put up when it comes to the grand daddy...

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
USC is so dissapointed playing Michigan instead of OU for the title I wouldn't doubt if they subconsciously just mail it in and let Michigan rough 'em up.

Nah, USC plays with too much pride. They're in the Rose Bowl! Most of those kids probably grew up wishing to play in the Rose Bowl.

Michigan has a great defense, but they're going to have their hands tied down with Steve Smith who's a senior and Dwayne Jarrett who's likely to go pro. Both will show the Michigan secondary a thing or two about coverage (best recievers in the nation, IMO).

*COUGH COUGH*

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
USC is so dissapointed playing Michigan instead of OU for the title I wouldn't doubt if they subconsciously just mail it in and let Michigan rough 'em up.

Nah, USC plays with too much pride. They're in the Rose Bowl! Most of those kids probably grew up wishing to play in the Rose Bowl.

Michigan has a great defense, but they're going to have their hands tied down with Steve Smith who's a senior and Dwayne Jarrett who's likely to go pro. Both will show the Michigan secondary a thing or two about coverage (best recievers in the nation, IMO).

*COUGH COUGH*

Michigan secondary??? Did they even show up to the game? I think they are still asleep in their hotel room somewhere.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: tfinch2
Originally posted by: Feldenak
I would love to see a Michigan player "accidentally" lay a monster hit on Carroll.

Why do you hate Carroll so much?

1) He's a douche bag
2) Running up of scores
3) See #1
4) See #2