Ron Paul Maine Delegates Ejected

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Why would anyone post the same way in two different accounts? One would be the semi-PC poster and the other would be the actual poster who speaks the truth behind the owner's thought processes.

I've felt that moment and a420 were the same. Although I have been wondering if someone just feels like trying out a bunch of different troll identities here and thus we get about 3 or 4 accounts that generally post crazy stupid shit 99% of the time. Just different enough to not to seem like alt accounts, but similar enough to be from similar mind set.

Sadly its probably not true and we don't have a mastermind behind them just posting here to mess with everyone, but rather the posters are genuine.:|

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Good thing it was your opinion then eh? I ask because quite simply Paul has much more favorable views with Democrats than either of the other two are concerned. He pulls way more Democrats than both probably combined.

They won't support his fiscal policies because they favor wealth distribution and welfare but most other views they could at least debate about especially foreign policy.

Either way he is retiring with the most conservative and consistent record in Congress so he shouldn't be too much of a issue for most anymore :)
You actually asked a good question, so I'm definitely going to answer that Bush would probably be the most acceptable to an educated Democratic voter... that's because his war in Iraq was "humanitarian" (which is wilsonian, rather than a jacksonian nationalist defense hawk), because of the fact that he was very fiscally liberal, and because of the fact he was centrist on cultural issues (he said he didn't really care to have roe vs wade overturned, he didn't mind seeing planned parenthood funding increased, and he was pretty liberal on immigration while only being far right on the issue of gay marriage). Also, Dominion seraph's comment about Cheney was actually something I agree with... Cheney had a lot of influence on bush and I'd say at least 1/2 of what Bush did was due to cheney.

Romney, on the other hand, actually believes that America is in danger if it doesn't conquer the world, so he's a Jacksonian on foreign policy... and that's unacceptable to pretty much any Democrat today. Romney would be to the right of dr. Paul on immigration and abortion, and makes bush look like a far leftist on those issues. Romney is antigay so he's pretty far right on cultural issues overall. Romney is a moderate economically and in favor of corporations. So I'd say bush would be the most acceptable to an educated Democrat, then dr. Paul, then Romney. The Democrats of today are probably divided between wilsonian internationalists and Jeffersonian noninterventionists, so dr. Paul and bush are equal there. I'd say dr. Paul is, overall, probably to the right of bush on cultural issues (the former is more liberal on drugs, but the latter is more liberal on immigration, abortion, and things like vawa and affirmative action) and definitely to the right of bush on economic issues. However, Romney is to the right of bush on every issue and they Romney's foreign interventionism is of a different type that that of Bush.

Note that I'm not including positions on the patriot act as cultural issues, I'm counting them as foreign policy issues.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
I've felt that moment and a420 were the same. Although I have been wondering if someone just feels like trying out a bunch of different troll identities here and thus we get about 3 or 4 accounts that generally post crazy stupid shit 99% of the time. Just different enough to not to seem like alt accounts, but similar enough to be from similar mind set.

Sadly its probably not true and we don't have a mastermind behind them just posting here to mess with everyone, but rather the posters are genuine.:|

How many times do I have to repeat myself we aren't the same. The mods already looked into this when I first joined yet you completely ignore that point

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Ron Paul would do a better job than robomney

Government would come to a screeching halt, and the only thing that would happen is the troops would come home and he would veto an incredible amount of bullshit, namely budget proposals.

Probably not a bad thing to some.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Nextjin, while many democrats, including me find somethings to like in Ron Paul's foreign policy stances, I still doubt a signifcant number of democratic voters will vote for Ron Paul simply because his domestic policy is a total deal killer.

Apr 27, 2012
Nextjin, while many democrats, including me find somethings to like in Ron Paul's foreign policy stances, I still doubt a signifcant number of democratic voters will vote for Ron Paul simply because his domestic policy is a total deal killer.

Because he doesn't support welfare and stealing from the middle class to help out lazy scum the democrats dont like him, what else would you expect from them