News Roe v. Wade overturned

Page 69 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 10, 2005
Quite frankly, Dems deserve to get wiped out and they need to rebuild or a new party needs to emerge. Maybe a few decades of GOP rule will allow a new party to rise.

The Democratic party as we know it will cease to exist after 2024 anyway. At least as a national party.
I don't think you understand how tyranny works. "First them, then us" didn't work out so well for 1930 communists who ended up helping Hitler's rise to power.

Your main idea is also a big fuck you to anyone that isn't a white, heterosexual man, so perhaps you should take your shitty opinion about thinking GOP rule would teach people a lesson and go f yourself with it.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Oh yes, the violent insurrection. How could we forget about all those Trump supporting, AR wielding, MAGA insanos that violently stormed the capitol. Oh wait...

I wouldn't describe it as being "upset". Concerned, yes. Not like we're talking about those dreadful mean tweets from Trump, right?

LOL this moron thinks once that violent mob would have caught Pelosi or Pence or Adam Schiff they would have just had a friendly political debate.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Quite frankly, Dems deserve to get wiped out and they need to rebuild or a new party needs to emerge. Maybe a few decades of GOP rule will allow a new party to rise.

The Democratic party as we know it will cease to exist after 2024 anyway. At least as a national party.

It would take violently overthrowing the GOP monarchy.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Went to the protest in Washington Square Park just to be around sane good people and remind myself I am blessed to live in an area where there are more good people than bad, like in any red area of the nation.

There are more good people in this photo than at the largest Trump rally or GOP convention, ever.PXL_20220624_234559201 (1) (Large).jpg

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Democrats will keep the senate in 2022. As I said before, currently there is no way Republicans have a chance of winning in the US Senate race in Pennsylvania. We just need one more. That one more is either going to come from North Carolina or Wisconsin. Trump for some odd reason doesn't think he needs to endorse anyone from New Hampshire... so that is a good news for the Democrats. 2026 not 2024 is a different story..... The only reason why we actually even have 50 right now.... is because of Manchin and a Democrat senator from Montana. The Montana one has very slim chances of winning again since as of recently he joined the non Manchin type group of Democrats.

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah, Dems will net at least 2 senate seats. I think this seals it.
Time for excessive haha’s

Hahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Zero point zero percent chance that will happen. Democrats are doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Will this is interesting, I thought Fox News Trump supporting cheerleaders would be talking about some party or something on the article comment section.... but nope they either want to go further or make the audaciously sexist claim that this will cause women to understand the importance of decision making before even becoming pregnant. The crazy Trump wingers keep proving that they can be even more crazy then they currently are.

Fox News created an article where they talk about how abortion clinics, pregnancy centers, and places of worship are increasing security over the protests that are occurring and growing.

The comment section on the other hand has crazy Trump wingers falsely claiming that citizens have the right to take forceful action in their own hands if things go out of control. The insurrectionists also want to take things into their own hands by claiming they want to take physically forceful actions against Jane's Revenge to end the group. Here is a quick look into the bacteria talking sewage system of that Fox News article.

1656123732141.png
Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/2B399aS2Z0Hv8oyATXQto4a3dLr

1656123863475.png
Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/2B39ReBmiK99nGAoh6SFrcugiyk
1656123960166.png
Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/2B39bccFYCw133zs7j0MH9sJBmS
1656124313320.png
1656124111128.png
Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/2B39vlghwtqhpxxaFPXWrNOY9hU

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You mean thanks Dem establishment for using every trick they could get away with to get Hillary as their candidate?
Debbie Wasserman Schultz if you want a single person to point the finger at.
If you didn't vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016 for any fucking reason, you're an asshole and you are the main reason we are in this shit. I don't care what a couple email said from the DNC, fucking hold your nose and vote for Hillary because the other option was clearly fucking evil.

I wanted Bernie to win but I knew it was one of the most important elections of my life.

So fuck anybody who stayed home did not vote for Hillary for whatever reason in any swing state in 2016. You also have responsibility for what just happened today

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
You mean thanks Dem establishment for using every trick they could get away with to get Hillary as their candidate?
Debbie Wasserman Schultz if you want a single person to point the finger at.

No, he means every single person that didn't vote for the Democratic nominee in 2016, yourself included. Take some personal responsibility for your actions.

Reactions: Zorba and Captante

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013
2. Democrats have rested complacently on judicial decisions for major victories, while religious conservatives have been highly motivated and working towards this for decades.

OTOH

I don't believe religious conservatives will stop here and respect Federalism, and are fully comfortable with authoritarian thinking and govt intrusion into personal affairs/rights (unless it's firearms.)

Fully agree on your second point.

As far as conservatives not respecting Federalism, I don't think they should be called 'conservative' anymore. Conservatives are supposed to be against big government. Can't have actual conversations with people calling them Nazis or Fascists. So for now I'll stick with 'right-wingers' unless anyone on here has a better (to open conversations with them!) idea for accurate labels.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Fully agree on your second point.

As far as conservatives not respecting Federalism, I don't think they should be called 'conservative' anymore. Conservatives are supposed to be against big government. Can't have actual conversations with people calling them Nazis or Fascists. So for now I'll stick with 'right-wingers' unless anyone on here has a better (to open conversations with them!) idea for accurate labels.
Fascist is the correct label for the current Republican Party. If they don’t like it, they can stop being fascists.

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013
If you didn't vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016 for any fucking reason, you're an asshole and you are the main reason we are in this shit. I don't care what a couple email said from the DNC, fucking hold your nose and vote for Hillary because the other option was clearly fucking evil.

I wanted Bernie to win but I knew it was one of the most important elections of my life.

So fuck anybody who stayed home did not vote for Hillary for whatever reason in any swing state in 2016. You also have responsibility for what just happened today

No, he means every single person that didn't vote for the Democratic nominee in 2016, yourself included. Take some personal responsibility for your actions.

I vote in every election. I live in a part of a deep red state where I knew a dem vote wouldn't matter anyway so I "donated" my vote to the Green party.

DWS screwed the candidate who Trump was afraid of debating:

As I and a Republican friend of mine agreed, if the election was decided in a dark smokey room somewhere we both would have gone for Clinton.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I vote in every election. I live in a part of a deep red state where I knew a dem vote wouldn't matter anyway so I "donated" my vote to the Green party.

DWS screwed the candidate who Trump was afraid of debating:

As I and a Republican friend of mine agreed, if the election was decided in a dark smokey room somewhere we both would have gone for Clinton.

Well, it wasn't decided in a dark smokey room, it was decided out in the open by people like you who thought their vote didn't really matter.

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013
Well, it wasn't decided in a dark smokey room, it was decided out in the open by people like you who thought their vote didn't really matter.
Soo, are you in a swing state where your vote actually matters and you're projecting? I used to live in an area where my vote for Prez mattered so I did that and everything I possibly could to get Obama elected.
I do donate and vote dem down ballot, where at least there's a diminishing chance.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Corporations who have already announced they will reimburse employees for having to travel out of state to get medical care such as an abortion. These corporations need to start rethinking where they start business up going forward. Some talent and a lot of younger talent are not going to want to work in states that are so backwards. Google is offering also to relocate employees who want to move out of regressive states into same states.

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013

Some suggested G W Bush's presidency would be terrible enough to energize the Dem party into not letting another Repub take the presidency for decades...
The Republican party as we knew it has already ceased to exist and has been replaced by the Cult of Trump.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Sorry,
Could not resist the urge

I only quoted this because is this not Tywin Lannister?

Yes.

I believe in what the constitution states which is:

And
Much agreed. Which is why so many millions are upset with the Jao Baiduns installation.
WTF are you talking about

Oh yes, the violent insurrection. How could we forget about all those Trump supporting, AR wielding, MAGA insanos that violently stormed the capitol. Oh wait...

I wouldn't describe it as being "upset". Concerned, yes. Not like we're talking about those dreadful mean tweets from Trump, right?
Again WTF are you talking about?

Are you claiming a violent insurrection didn’t happen on January 6th?

Yes he is. Has his bow tie all straight and clean.

Y'all realize, the congress just became useless. Because it's legislation from the court now. States legislate, and SC upholds them. May as well just eliminate congress. Right?

Also hilarious is CT ( Clarence Thomas) saying interracial marriage is on the block. If you all, the pro lifers , where fuck the baby once pushed out, can not see the HIPROCRASY in THAT, yea it is a lost cause.

Right or extreme right wingers, do NOT think that Dems are not armed too. Alot of us are.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
It seems like there's a large number here who would join this "extremist left wing" group. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but when you're making death threats and acts of violence on others for simply having a different point of view, that's unlawful and can't be tolerated. There are other barbaric 3rd world countries those people can move to if that's how they want to live.

It's interesting how you apparently perceive the right to an abortion as a "left-wing view". Thousands of women will die so that theocratic far-right conservatives can enjoy their perceived god-given power to lord it over women, but hey, thank goodness that you're being such a civil fence-sitting "moderate" who rates order over justice. As long as the women die in an orderly fashion, that's what's important.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I seriously doubt that those outraged today will be so outraged come November. People forget. Outrage lessens. Heck, the new iPhone might come out in November, so will it be abortion or iPhones on peoples minds come November?

I remember the AIDs epidemic back in the 1980's when gay men were told to JUST STOP IT. JUST STOP HAVING SEX and there will be no AIDs to worry about. Stop having sex, start wearing protection, and control your sexual appetite you filthy animals.
THIS was the 1980's.

So now, today, it is the women who will be told....
JUST STOP IT.
JUST STOP HAVING SEX.
Wear protection and you won't need worry out unwanted pregnancies.
Ladies, control your sexual appetite, you filthy animals.

Just another way if looking at this.