News Roe v. Wade overturned

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Truly terrible article (on the leak) by Ross Doubt-that in the NYT. Annoyed I wasted my last 'free article' on his drivel. Now it won't let me read anything else.

Recently I've started permanently "hiding" ANY website that allows "pop-ups", those stupid "survey to read" things OR the "last free article" BS etc.

You BETTER BELIEVE it will be the last of your articles I ever read MF'er!

;)

Connecticut governor signs law protecting abortion seekers and providers from out-of-state lawsuits (CNN)

Not often I can honestly say that I'm PROUD of Connecticut! :)

NEXT needs to be laws allowing Texans to be sued for guns that originate in their state and the crimes committed with them! (THEY opened the can of worms!)

CT defends women's rights .... TEXAS OTOH STANDS for criminals who REALLY need a gun apparently. (also disturbed folks planning mass-shootings!)

Scumbags. :mad:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2005
The one thing blue states need to do now is allow for substantially more home building (and subsidize affordable housing where needed/able), so that if someone of lesser means wants to move out of their red state hellhole, they can actually find a place they can afford.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I for one will no longer do any business with companies based in Texas, Florida or pretty much ANY of the garbage states that support this crap.

WHEN the day comes that the MAJORITY (nearly 3/4ths) of Americans that oppose oppressing women's and minorities rights have had enough, the out-of-touch old white men that lead the GOP are in for a rude shock.

The BLM-riots and unrest were only a drop in the bucket.... it will likely be very close to a full-blown second civil war.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I honestly never thought they would do it. It's such an easy tool to keep their base motivated I thought they would just keep stringing them along.

Reactions: pmv and Captante

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I for one will no longer do any business with companies based in Texas, Florida or pretty much ANY of the garbage states that support this crap.

WHEN the day comes that the MAJORITY (nearly 3/4ths) of Americans that oppose oppressing women's and minorities rights have had enough, the out-of-touch old white men that lead the GOP are in for a rude shock.

The BLM-riots and unrest were only a drop in the bucket.... it will likely be very close to a full-blown second civil war.

Voting with my wallet seems to be about the only recourse I have any more. So yeah, I'm much the same. I'm just not interested in traveling to or giving money to these shithole states with their shithole policies.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Voting with my wallet seems to be about the only recourse I have any more. So yeah, I'm much the same. I'm just not interested in traveling to or giving money to these shithole states with their shithole policies.
One of my family members sent all of us a picture from Florida, and I was going to respond with the bugs bunny gif and ask why on earth would they go there.
Buuut I figured that would have been kicking a hornets nest...

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
One of my family members sent all of us a picture from Florida, and I was going to respond with the bugs bunny gif and ask why on earth would they go there.
Buuut I figured that would have been kicking a hornets nest...

My brother recently bought a multi-million dollar condo there.
My mom implores me to take my family down there to visit etc. I 100% refuse.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
How about that protesting of where the justices reside? Right in their front yard?
Fox thinks this is outrageous, I think its just fine because after all we have long since entered the realm of insanity. Why is a little protesting so upsetting?
After all, if a justice can blatantly lie during their nomination process then go ahead and protest that justice wherever applicable. Be it in front of the court, or in the streets of any given city, or outside a justices picture window.
Where is it to openly lie considered acceptable, but to then protest the lier not acceptable?

In the good old days this would also warrant a little egg tossing and TP-ing outside the residency.
How about one carton of eggs per each lie?
Remember, republicans started all this with an insurrection. Republicans don't get to own the when, where, or hows of protesting.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
How about women start arming themselves to protect themselves against rape. The only way to stop a bad rapist with a weapon is for a good woman to have a gun. I mean if you can shoot somebody for pushing you in these backasswards states, you can certainly kill a piece of shit man trying to rape you, right?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
How about that protesting of where the justices reside? Right in their front yard?
Fox thinks this is outrageous, I think its just fine because after all we have long since entered the realm of insanity. Why is a little protesting so upsetting?
After all, if a justice can blatantly lie during their nomination process then go ahead and protest that justice wherever applicable. Be it in front of the court, or in the streets of any given city, or outside a justices picture window.
Where is it to openly lie considered acceptable, but to then protest the lier not acceptable?

In the good old days this would also warrant a little egg tossing and TP-ing outside the residency.
Remember, republicans started all this with an insurrection. Republicans don't get to own the when, where, or hows of protesting.
How is this any different than bullying school board members, and election officials. We know who does that.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
How is this any different than bullying school board members, and election officials. We know who does that.

Yes we do.... everyone with America swirling in the bowl the way it is right now before our eyes.

If this ends with protests outside individual justices homes being the worst thing that happens we'll be EXTREMELY fortunate.

:confused:

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020

Faux and all their brain dead followers can just fuck right off with their believing it is outrageous for people to protest on public areas outside the justices homes or elsewhere in public. Wasn't Christine Blasey Ford forced to leave her home amidst right wing nut job protests in the guise of harassment and death threats? Are any protesters threatening the lives of any sitting justice on the supreme court? I haven't heard of any, have you, has anyone?

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Can't help but think that this whole debate over anti-abortion laws would look a hell of a lot different if the laws levied same punishment to the father of the baby as they do on the mother. After all, it takes two to make a baby, and if the father doesn't want going to jail over abortion then he should either abstain from sex, or use protection with the understanding of potential consequences should it fail.

But of course we all know why this will never happen. It's really sad to see large portion of United States screwed up beyond repair.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
How about women start arming themselves to protect themselves against rape. The only way to stop a bad rapist with a weapon is for a good woman to have a gun. I mean if you can shoot somebody for pushing you in these backasswards states, you can certainly kill a piece of shit man trying to rape you, right?
Totally depends on the victim's and the attacker's demographics. Conservative woman shoots black male for looking at her "wrong"? Good shoot. Liberal woman shoots conservative male during actual rape? She probably should have just enjoyed it instead of needlessly taking a valuable life. Anyone shoots a cop trying to rape them? Well, that victim's whole family probably needs to be canceled.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Man Alito and the GOP spelling it out. Domestic Infant Supply.
EkfmM2i.jpg

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Have herd some a few friends unprompted that Texas exits are now on the agenda. We all flatly assume we are next in line for the GOP to screw over.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Can't help but think that this whole debate over anti-abortion laws would look a hell of a lot different if the laws levied same punishment to the father of the baby as they do on the mother. After all, it takes two to make a baby, and if the father doesn't want going to jail over abortion then he should either abstain from sex, or use protection with the understanding of potential consequences should it fail.

But of course we all know why this will never happen. It's really sad to see large portion of United States screwed up beyond repair.
Forced vasectomies for all males!!!!!!! Imagine POTUS Harris signing an executive order for that.