Remember that shutdown Trump WILL have?

Page 69 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Shutting down the IRS when millions of families are chomping at the bit to get their tax refunds is bound to be a big hit. Oh, yeh. Oh, Baby!

MAGA! is gonna mean "Make America Groan Again" before you know it.

...what refunds?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It looks like Trump managed to get 300M LESS in border barrier money than the previous agreement congress had passed that he shitcanned. Lol.

His big dumb mouth will probably blow this up anyway.
So basically we have President George Costanza.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
At the rate this is going silence from the WH is going to kill the deal. Reportedly the WH is mulling agreeing to do the deal then steal money from other programs to build more wall without consent from congress. This approach probably isn't going to do wonders to get Dems voting for the agreement if they think the admin is going to try fucking them over. President Deals can't make a straight deal even if he agrees to something, always going to backstab you somehow so the question is why give him the chance?

To quote Weyoun: So predictably treacherous.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'd like to feed every Trump off-prompter sentence through a parser. I want to know what percent of his overall vocabulary is some form of superlative. When he speaks it's just fluff and absolutely zero substance. And it just seems to get worse through his presidency.

Reactions: ivwshane

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
At the rate this is going silence from the WH is going to kill the deal. Reportedly the WH is mulling agreeing to do the deal then steal money from other programs to build more wall without consent from congress. This approach probably isn't going to do wonders to get Dems voting for the agreement if they think the admin is going to try fucking them over. President Deals can't make a straight deal even if he agrees to something, always going to backstab you somehow so the question is why give him the chance?

To quote Weyoun: So predictably treacherous.

Dems will vote for whatever McConnell & Shumer come up with because it obviously won't include any Wall! money & it will keep the govt running. Trump can deal with it as he will.

It's not like McConnell & McCarthy are real keen on another shutdown, either. Riding Trump's coattails was good until it started to feel more like being dragged behind a galloping horse at the end of a rope. They'd rather acquiesce to Trump usurping the power of Congress by diverting funding to Wall! construction.

I mean, they already regard the Constitution & America Democracy as impediment to Oligarchical rule. It's been the basis for their anti-gubmint agitprop for decades.

Jan 25, 2011
White House is saying Trump likely to sign the deal. The master negotiator strikes again getting less that he could have from the start.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I'd rather hold up the head and then throw it to the mob.

Do it like a feral Ewok.
-Roast the bodies for the celebratory feast.
-Consume the severed heads and imbibe their immortal soul.
-Use the husks for drums and spiritdance the night away.

#savage

ewok3272012.jpeg

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
White House is saying Trump likely to sign the deal. The master negotiator strikes again getting less that he could have from the start.

I think Mitch has said they're passing this and there is no support in the GOP for another shutdown, raising the prospect of a veto override.

The Best Deals.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I think Mitch has said they're passing this and there is no support in the GOP for another shutdown, raising the prospect of a veto override.

The Best Deals.

Passes in both house and senate. Steven Miller Tweeter in Chief vetoes it. Time to own your second shutdown in as many months Mr. Shart of the Deal.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Why not simply do another 3 week deal?
And another, and another, and so on and so on. Right up until 2020.
Keeps Trump busy, keeps congress busy, keeps the media busy, the government says open, and dreams of the wall remain in Trump's head.
Everybody is happy.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Passes in both house and senate. Steven Miller Tweeter in Chief vetoes it. Time to own your second shutdown in as many months Mr. Shart of the Deal.

Probably not. Trump got spanked in the last shutdown & he's weaseling around about causing another. I figure he'll take what little he gets & declare victory.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Probably not. Trump got spanked in the last shutdown & he's weaseling around about causing another. I figure he'll take what little he gets & declare victory.

I agree, it seems like the plan is to just tell everyone that the wall is already built. He lies about everything else, why not just tell his base that he got the wall? If he says it loud enough and often enough they will believe it, just like they believe all his other BS. Maybe to sell it he will photoshop himself into a few pictures of the Berlin Wall.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Sorry to go off topic but does anyone know if Amazon will credit my Kindle the art of the deal purchase?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The evangelists and fundies are praying to the heavens that Trump's Wall will rise up from the bowels of the earth, the Rio Grande will part and this miles long line of Mexicans will start pushing wheelbarrows full of yankee dineros through the part in the river to pay for the miracle that Trump wished for.

And of course Trump will set up a used wheelbarrow storefront on his side of the wall to you know, fund a "charity" in his name.

That's much more believable than Pelosi ever allowing the American taxpayer to fund that unbelievably unbelievable stupid empty campaign promise Trump made to his disciples.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
RE: The rally Monday night....

I just CAN NOT believe how Donald Trump tells his lies.
I mean really....
It's actually amusing.
Trump doesn't even care that all the crap he lies about everyone knows is a bunch of hooey.
Donald Trump is like a kid with one hand in the cookie jar and the other hand holding a cookie, then denying he had anything to do with the missing cookies.
And there in his one hand is a cookie, and with his other hand still inside the cookie jar.
How dumb does one need be to not realize everyone knows every word, every statistic, every claim Donald Trump makes is complete and total nonsense?
Yet, Donald Trump just keeps on doing it. Lying. By the minute. And on camera. And on tape. In front of millions of people. Including his so called base.

Is it that Donald Trump really believes his nonsense? Or maybe just likes to hear himself talk?
Or maybe inside the mind of Donald Trump, its all true?
Hey Donald, you are embarrassing.
You're making a huge ass of yourself right in front of everyone.
I don't think Donald Trump even realizes he is the president. Or was actually elected.
I think Donald Trump, being the reality TV whore that he was and still is, must think this thing called president of the United States is nothing more than some SNL comedy skit.
Just more of his reality TV.
Either that, or Trump really is very very VERY dumb.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
RE: The rally Monday night....

I just CAN NOT believe how Donald Trump tells his lies.
I mean really....
It's actually amusing.
Trump doesn't even care that all the crap he lies about everyone knows is a bunch of hooey.
Donald Trump is like a kid with one hand in the cookie jar and the other hand holding a cookie, then denying he had anything to do with the missing cookies.
And there in his one hand is a cookie, and with his other hand still inside the cookie jar.
How dumb does one need be to not realize everyone knows every word, every statistic, every claim Donald Trump makes is complete and total nonsense?
Yet, Donald Trump just keeps on doing it. Lying. By the minute. And on camera. And on tape. In front of millions of people. Including his so called base.

Is it that Donald Trump really believes his nonsense? Or maybe just likes to hear himself talk?
Or maybe inside the mind of Donald Trump, its all true?
Hey Donald, you are embarrassing.
You're making a huge ass of yourself right in front of everyone.
I don't think Donald Trump even realizes he is the president. Or was actually elected.
I think Donald Trump, being the reality TV whore that he was and still is, must think this thing called president of the United States is nothing more than some SNL comedy skit.
Just more of his reality TV.
Either that, or Trump really is very very VERY dumb.

Claimed the arena held 8,000 but said Fire Marshall "allowed" 10,000.

It actually holds 6,500 and Fire Marshall said it was at legal capacity.
Claimed there was 10's of thousands out side watching on screens.
Officials put the number at 3,000 outside.

Claimed that Beto had 200-300 people.
Estimates puts Beto's crowd at 7-15,000 people.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
A tiny church in Texas is suing Individual 1's administration to prevent the building of the wall on the grounds of religious freedom - that the government can't claim their property under eminent domain

https://www.yahoo.com/news/church-us...221341325.html

Add "eminent domain" to the list of things that the Republican party used to care about, but no longer does.
Iirc, that church has been there for 125 years.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
He is truly awful at negotiation and politicking.

Threatening to do something for ages as people ask you not to and tell you its a bad idea, then doing it and attempting to blame it on the people that asked you not to do it is just a terrible tactic. If he'd kept his mouth shut about it he might have been able to spin it but as he's been threatening it and owning it for ages its going to be his if he does it.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So Trump got his shutdown rammed down his throat and stuffed up his ass by the Dems. I guess we can safely assume he's not going to throw another childish hissy fit and do that stupid shit again?

Is this THE sternly applied disciplinary paddy whacking by the adult Dems that's finally struck in the name of checks and balances and the rule of law of which the adolescent Repubs in Congress shirked their responsibilities and completely abandoned for two years for fear of having Trump's minions mounting their heads on pikes?

Is that what the Repub constituency didn't mind at all about for two whole years but will surely hold the Dems responsible for (not that the Dems won't of course) whenever it's convenient to do so? (rhetorical).

What a relief it must be for McConnell and Ryan now that they can lay the blame on Pelosi for their not giving Trump His Wall for two whole years.

Golly gee whiz, I wonder why oh why Trump didn't pull his shutdown shtick when he had both the House and Senate in his back pocket. Did all of them actually want to wait 'til the Dems took over in order to shift the burden of denying Trump his Great Wall of America onto them?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
What a relief it must be for McConnell and Ryan now that they can lay the blame on Pelosi for their not giving Trump His Wall for two whole years.

Golly gee whiz, I wonder why oh why Trump didn't pull his shutdown shtick when he had both the House and Senate in his back pocket. Did all of them actually want to wait 'til the Dems took over in order to shift the burden of denying Trump his Great Wall of America onto them?

Republicans are only able to lead when they have enough Democrats to blame for the effects of their policies. We have seen this every time we end up with a Republican majority, very little gets done, what does get does not take full effect until after the next election, because they always lose any election after they have been in power for a few years, then they blame it all on the Democrats.