Remember that shutdown Trump WILL have?

Page 67 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm amazed the rating agencies haven't already downgraded the US due to Trump's intentional and politically motivated stiffing of creditors. They were quick enough to downgrade during the shutdown during Obama's tenure supposedly because of political gridlock.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
The shutdown is on the Democrats at this point. Trump offered a very reasonable compromise, $5 billion for the wall that the Democrats also were calling for in recent years (until Trump wanted it and won in 2016) in exchange for DACA protections. But, the Democrats today are more interested in optics, partisan agenda, and opposition than what is best for America.

So something forever in exchange for something that lasts 30 months.

Slow I have a deal for you, I’ll send you $30 today and you send me $1 a month forever. This is a great deal.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
It’s frankly bizarre that the US has one of its major political parties routinely threaten to purposefully cause a global financial calamity in order to coerce the opposition party to give it the domestic policy it wants.

This is the sort of thing that makes the #bothsides people so irritating. One of our parties has gone insane and the other has not.

It is also the reason that the rest of the world should be looking at long term plans to decouple themselves from the American economy. We simply are not good caretakers of the world economy.

"I wonder how the world sees us.
Rich beyond compare, powerful without equal, a spoiled, drunk, 15-year-old waving a gun in their face."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
25 million illegals and we could only get 3 million of them to the polls in California. Damn we need to organize better as a party.

It's a good thing for the GOP that Illegals are just too lazy to vote. Or something.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Donnie tweets out specific numbers-

So Special...

Haha

DyMo29aWsAILvbj

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Mulvaney said the president didn’t want another shutdown, but he would do it if necessary.

So the cunning plan is to spend a couple of weeks insisting that the president will shut down the government, then the president will shut down the government, then the president will blame the Democrats for the shutdown..wtf

The shutdown, to Trump, was = to grounding the country (and his supporters) for defying him & now letting everyone off on probation - better not defy him again or what, he'll ground the country till his term is up? His complete lack of self-evaluation & of reality is on display day after day.

A Shutdown V2 would be destructive to the country and terrible for the GOP'S electoral prospects. If would be as if Trump invited Pelosi over to the oval office to club him in the nuts with a lead pipe on live TV while Pence looked on lovingly and applauded.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
MAGA's are the world's most gullible people. I just can't even..

They believe in Trump. It's akin to religion. Trump speaks in tongues. It doesn't have to make sense. It just has to feel good at an emotional level.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
They believe in Trump. It's akin to religion. Trump speaks in tongues. It doesn't have to make sense. It just has to feel good at an emotional level.
They have this bizarre new talking point that "Democrats would be opposed to illegal immigration if there was a law that illegal immigrants couldn't vote."
Which is so freaking weird because there already are laws that illegal immigrants can't vote. How ignorant does one need to be of our laws to not know that? Obviously, they must know that they're lying.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
They have this bizarre new talking point that "Democrats would be opposed to illegal immigration if there was a law that illegal immigrants couldn't vote."
Which is so freaking weird because there already are laws that illegal immigrants can't vote. How ignorant does one need to be of our laws to not know that? Obviously, they must know that they're lying.

I do think some of them are actually this stupid. Take TH, for example. He literally believes that illegal immigrants are voting in "commie" states because they are protected or some shit.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh, but it feels good to say it. Truth isn't truth in post-truth Trumplandia. It doesn't even matter. What matters is the emotional rush in chanting mindless slogans.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Numb nuts is back at it with a WALL demand vice fence or barriers. Seems he's hell bent on having another showdown/shutdown. Must really not be the political genius he imagines himself to be. Wonder if any of the gutless Repubs are going to finally start peeling off.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I do think some of them are actually this stupid. Take TH, for example. He literally believes that illegal immigrants are voting in "commie" states because they are protected or some shit.
Illegal immigrants aren't protected in sanctuary cities/states. I live in one, and I know that's nonsense. What 'sanctuary' really means is that we expect federal law enforcement authorities to enforce federal law without commandeering resources from our local law enforcement agencies. Yaknow, just like what the Constitution says.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Good news on the funding negotiation front. Trump has now said he won't accept anything on DACA... while still demanding his wall funding. In direct contradiction to his demand so publicly made a week ago.

Tell me again how this is the fault of the Democrats.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/31/trump-daca-border-wall-deal-1138318

I am starting to think that Trump does not actually want a wall, what he wants is to blame Democrats for not having a wall so that he can blame all of America's woes on it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Vic