Remember that shutdown Trump WILL have?

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Many agencies will start running out of carryover funds within the next 10 days.

Polling indicates that most people blame Trump for the shutdown by a not close margin and his disapproval is in the mid 50s. I don't imagine this will improve as government services progressively shut down.

Reactions: itsmydamnation

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Remember back in 2013 when the Republicans shut down the government and then bitched because the Park Service shut down the national parks in order to protect them?

This time, the Trump Interior Dept. left the parks open during the shutdown.

Turns out, Obama's Interior Dept. was right.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...ng-human-waste-vandals-causing-damage-n953406

Shit, in 2013 Trump said the president should resign in the event of a government shut down. Such a hypocritical fucktard, it boggles the mind.

Like everything else from the traitor, that statement aged like sushi in the sun.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Said by Loser Donald; - "Border Security and the Wall “thing” and Shutdown is not where Nancy Pelosi wanted to start her tenure as Speaker! Let’s make a deal?"

Lol..Our game show host President. I can just imagine the scene.

Pelosi: Our bill keeps the government funded at current spending levels through December and offers an additional $1.3 billion for border security.

Trump: I'll take Door #1, Nancy. It's a very big, beautiful door. You always go with Door #1. There's a fact many people are now finding out about, that if you take Door #1, I got a call from my friend the great Monty Hall, he said if you take Door #1, Door #2 has a goat behind it - very tremendous goat, long horns, very powerful in terms of goat - that some people think, Door #2 has a goat, I should take Door #3, but I know more about doors than anyone that's lived, if anyone else but Trump took Door #1, they'd say he was a genius, but because Trump wants Door #1 they say you should take #3, and they're all laughing at us, they think we're babies because we take Door #1, but you have to take Door #1, and I'm taking Door #1, and you have to take Door #1.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Said by Loser Donald; - "Border Security and the Wall “thing” and Shutdown is not where Nancy Pelosi wanted to start her tenure as Speaker! Let’s make a deal?"

Lol..Our game show host President. I can just imagine the scene.

Pelosi: Our bill keeps the government funded at current spending levels through December and offers an additional $1.3 billion for border security.

Trump: I'll take Door #1, Nancy. It's a very big, beautiful door. You always go with Door #1. There's a fact many people are now finding out about, that if you take Door #1, I got a call from my friend the great Monty Hall, he said if you take Door #1, Door #2 has a goat behind it - very tremendous goat, long horns, very powerful in terms of goat - that some people think, Door #2 has a goat, I should take Door #3, but I know more about doors than anyone that's lived, if anyone else but Trump took Door #1, they'd say he was a genius, but because Trump wants Door #1 they say you should take #3, and they're all laughing at us, they think we're babies because we take Door #1, but you have to take Door #1, and I'm taking Door #1, and you have to take Door #1.

He makes the best deals..

1546432750205.jpeg

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I am a Fed employee, and fortunate enough to keep receiving my paycheck. Not the first time during a government shutdown while working for the government. Never really any fun. Hopefully both sides can agree on something soon. The Dems have all passed and spoken for border security in the past. Now the same exact people to do so, are suddenly against it. They need to pick if their hatred of Trump, overshadows their alleged love for our country. They seem to oppose anything he wants to do, no matter what. No matter if they want the same thing or not.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I am a Fed employee, and fortunate enough to keep receiving my paycheck. Not the first time during a government shutdown while working for the government. Never really any fun. Hopefully both sides can agree on something soon. The Dems have all passed and spoken for border security in the past. Now the same exact people to do so, are suddenly against it. They need to pick if their hatred of Trump, overshadows their alleged love for our country. They seem to oppose anything he wants to do, no matter what. No matter if they want the same thing or not.

Lol. It’s Trump’s shutdown. If it goes long enough you may not be getting a check at all. Oh, Trump also killed the pay increase for federal workers going into 2019.

So, live within your means, moocher....
ezgif_4_71f206d745.gif

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
^ This is why we can't have nice things. The patent dishonesty displayed here is patently dishonest.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
^ This is why we can't have nice things. The patent dishonesty displayed here is patently dishonest.

Is it dishonesty or stupidity? Because it could be either one. The media they consume constantly lies to them and they are consistently misinformed on almost every subject, if they are simply repeating, uncritically, what they consume, doesn't that just make them stupid? On the other hand, they could know the truth and simply like to make up shit to protect those inside their bubbles. I tend to think its the latter simply because facts never change their mind, they simply wait for another thread and repeat the same old, tired, debunked bullshit.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The Wall isn't border security at all, other than in a very marginal sense. It will never be built because it's utterly pointless other than as a monument to white people's stupidity, kinda like statues of confederate heroes 100 years ago.

Lack of Wall funding is Trump's stated reason for shutting down the govt and Mexico is still paying for it, anyway, right?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

They have included money for border security in the bills already, one that was passed UNANIMOUSLY in the senate and strongly in the House.

Trump then rejected that compromise bill.

There is only one person putting themselves over their love of country here and it’s Trump. People making excuses for his bad behavior just makes sure he continues to do it and it plays into the hand of extreme right wing propaganda.

I hope you will join with us and unequivocally condemn Trump for this deeply irresponsible behavior. Country first, as you said.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Faith so bad you can taste it. As usual.

Reactions: Engineer

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
You conservatives own this shut down. It is 100% on you guys. Lest you forget, Trump personally took ownership of the shutdown on video.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

I'm a federal worker who is unlucky enough to not be getting paid, and I think that this is on Trump. The House and Senate passed a bill to fund the government, and it included 1.6 billion for border security, including upgrades to the fencing. Trump shot it down not because it does not have funding for security, but because it does not specifically say he can build 'a wall'.

That is beyond stupid. That is pure megalomaniac ego. He says that 'a wall' is important to national security. Let me tell you something, it is nowhere near as important to national security as paying the fucking people that do the security. Your wall is not going to do a hell of a lot if all the people that protect this country walk away because they are not getting paid.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

The shutdown occurred with Republicans in control of the house, senate, and white house...

They had an agreement. Trump agreed to the agreement. Then Donald Trump shut down the government because people in the right-wing talking heads called him a cuck. He claimed "he owned the shutdown", then said he didn't. This is not a negotiation; this is a hostage situation. He is holding the functionality of the government hostage to get what he wants.

The Democrats support the bipartisan position -- the bill that the Senate passed with overwhelming bipartisan support. Trump supports the Limbaugh/Coulter position. Further, Trump is dishonest and dishonorable, and regularly changes his mind even after agreeing to things. There's no way to negotiate with such a dishonorable and dishonest person.

To stand up for a principle or a goal, you first have to have one. Donnie, at some point, seems to know he's out of his element, and is easily swayed by people who seem to him both to know what they're talking about and to be happy to lick his boots. Fox and RW talk radio to the rescue. He isn't standing up to Coulter or Ingraham or any of them because he literally wants them to tell him what to do.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The shutdown occurred with Republicans in control of the house, senate, and white house...

They had an agreement. Trump agreed to the agreement. Then Donald Trump shut down the government because people in the right-wing talking heads called him a cuck. He claimed "he owned the shutdown", then said he didn't. This is not a negotiation; this is a hostage situation. He is holding the functionality of the government hostage to get what he wants.

The Democrats support the bipartisan position -- the bill that the Senate passed with overwhelming bipartisan support. Trump supports the Limbaugh/Coulter position. Further, Trump is dishonest and dishonorable, and regularly changes his mind even after agreeing to things. There's no way to negotiate with such a dishonorable and dishonest person.

To stand up for a principle or a goal, you first have to have one. Donnie, at some point, seems to know he's out of his element, and is easily swayed by people who seem to him both to know what they're talking about and to be happy to lick his boots. Fox and RW talk radio to the rescue. He isn't standing up to Coulter or Ingraham or any of them because he literally wants them to tell him what to do.

People seem to forget the vote in the senate was unanimous. If Republicans wanted to they could join with Democrats and re-pass the exact same bill they were all in favor of before. If Trump vetoed it they could simply override his veto.

The government is shut down because Republicans are no longer willing to vote for the same bill they just voted for because Ann Coulter insulted Trump’s manhood.

Really, I’m not kidding that’s the reason. We are governed by a baby.

Jan 25, 2011
That's quite the interesting position you have on this. Delusional, but interesting.

Let me ask an honest question. Today, when the Democrat controlled house passes essentially the exact same spending bill that the Senate passed, unanimously I might add, a couple of weeks ago who will you blame?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That's quite the interesting position you have on this. Delusional, but interesting.

Let me ask an honest question. Today, when the Democrat controlled house passes essentially the exact same spending bill that the Senate passed, unanimously I might add, a couple of weeks ago who will you blame?

He will blame the Democrats for not giving in to the Republican demands.

Remember how the Republicans threatened to cause the US to default on its debt and trigger a worldwide financial catastrophe unless Obama agreed to unilaterally repeal his own signature legislative achievement? Yeah, they blamed Democrats for that too.

Party over country. (And logic)

Jan 25, 2011
He will blame the Democrats for not giving in to the Republican demands.

Remember how the Republicans threatened to cause the US to default on its debt and trigger a worldwide financial catastrophe unless Obama agreed to unilaterally repeal his own signature legislative achievement? Yeah, they blamed Democrats for that too.

Party over country. (And logic)
What. It's not like the GOP are lead by blind raging hypocrites. I mean look at McConnell. Here's his take on the new session.

"So will these new Democrats come to Washington ready to roll up their sleeves, work together, and make laws -- or they're going waste time on partisan show votes that will do nothing to move the country in a forward direction?"

I mean, that's exactly how he viewed working with the incoming Obama admin.... right?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
What. It's not like the GOP are lead by blind raging hypocrites. I mean look at McConnell. Here's his take on the new session.

I mean, that's exactly how he viewed working with the incoming Obama admin.... right?
As much as I think Mitch is an ass polyp and the worst thing to happen to American politics in decades, the crap show to date is on Trump and Paul Ryan. That may change today. :p

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
As much as I think Mitch is an ass polyp and the worst thing to happen to American politics in decades, the crap show to date is on Trump and Paul Ryan. That may change today. :p

McConnell was so dedicated to obstruction that he filibustered his own proposal.

He should never be let off the hook. Mitch McConnell has done more damage to the US than any politician alive today, Trump included.