Remember that shutdown Trump WILL have?

Jan 25, 2011
Sounds like Ryan and McConnel told him they would make a veto proof agreement with the Dems to avoid shutdown after he painted them into the corner by saying we would take all the responsibility.

Completely fucked them out of any leverage.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
what chapter covered this tactic in The Art of Deal? My copy appears to be missing it. Was there an unabridged version or something?!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
96 dimensional chess. trump is angling for something only he can figure out.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I’m against the wall from a cost/benefit perspective and I don’t think a wall which is easily defeatable is the best method to secure the borders, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want the borders secured. I want to see the end of birthright citizenship, an e-verification system that is easy, works, and has teeth (extremely costly fines and possible loss of business license for hiring an illegal), money for tech at the border (system of drones for instance to watch for people trying to sneak across), etc.

Democrats don’t seem to have made a solid counter arguement. Many see the D's as not simply being against the wall, but against border security and enforcement in general and are left scratching their head why? The caravan for instance. The right certain used it to stoke fears in the their base, but it should seem like a no-brainer non confrontational thing that we can’t just let 10k people stroll across the border. Instead reading through here and elsewhere the picture is painted that if you want to stop them you’re racist, have no empathy, etc.

Reactions: interchange

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I’m against the wall from a cost/benefit perspective and I don’t think a wall which is easily defeatable is the best method to secure the borders, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want the borders secured. I want to see the end of birthright citizenship, an e-verification system that is easy, works, and has teeth (extremely costly fines and possible loss of business license for hiring an illegal), money for tech at the border (system of drones for instance to watch for people trying to sneak across), etc.

Democrats don’t seem to have made a solid counter arguement. Many see the D's as not simply being against the wall, but against border security and enforcement in general and are left scratching their head why? The caravan for instance. The right certain used it to stoke fears in the their base, but it should seem like a no-brainer non confrontational thing that we can’t just let 10k people stroll across the border. Instead reading through here and elsewhere the picture is painted that if you want to stop them you’re racist, have no empathy, etc.
Dude, Birth Right Citizenship ensures that everyone born in the USA is a US Citizen. Do you really want to change the Constitution?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

If that's what you think then you clearly haven't been paying attention for the last decade.

The Democrats, like you, want border security and believe a wall is a stupid way to achieve that. The Democrats, like you, support mandatory e-verify with stiff penalties for violators. Democrats, like you, support using technology to secure our borders.

As for repealing the fourteenth amendment, good luck. I happen to think inbreeding and a lack of diversity is a recipe for disaster and completely goes against what this country has stood for for well over 200 years.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised you aren't aware of these things.

Reactions: dank69

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If that's what you think then you clearly haven't been paying attention for the last decade.

The Democrats, like you, want border security and believe a wall is a stupid way to achieve that. The Democrats, like you, support mandatory e-verify with stiff penalties for violators. Democrats, like you, support using technology to secure our borders.

As for repealing the fourteenth amendment, good luck. I happen to think inbreeding and a lack of diversity is a recipe for disaster and completely goes against what this country has stood for for well over 200 years.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised you aren't aware of these things.
I agree but the inbreeding thingi at 340 million or so doesn't seem to me to be an issue.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001

Huh? 320+ million people in the most diverse country on Earth. I don’t think a straw man of "inbreading" is a concern nor would diversity.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I see you've never been to West Virginia or Eastern Kentucky or Smokey Mountain area of Eastern TN.
Actually I donate to a sperm bank in both those places as the paternal line of my family has done for generations. Is there a problem?

Nov 25, 2013
Reactions: edblor

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If you are against birthright citizenship chances are quite high that you are a racist.

He merely repeats the mindless dickishness he's been taught.

Should we revoke the citizenship of ~5M American citizen children? Should we make it impossible for their parents to obtain employment to sustain them in this country? Should we deport all the dirty fucking illegals who've lived peaceably & productively among us for 10 years or more? Should we turn away asylum seekers at our border while denying them the due process our own law demands?

Answer yes to any of those questions to wear your bigotry with pride.

Reactions: edblor

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Actually I donate to a sperm bank in both those places as the paternal line of my family has done for generations. Is there a problem?
I know the Sevierville, TN phone book has 2/3 of it's listings with the same last name...

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

Now imagine you with your horrible ideas but half as smart. Wall sounds good.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Dude, Birth Right Citizenship ensures that everyone born in the USA is a US Citizen. Do you really want to change the Constitution?
The reason for birthright citizenship is because America is a free country. As such, every person born on American soil is guaranteed their right to freedom through citizenship.
Now why do you suppose anyone would be against that?

Reactions: Bitek

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
The reason for birthright citizenship is because America is a free country. As such, every person born on American soil is guaranteed their right to freedom through citizenship.
If those that are against that thought that through. they will quickly realize that it wouldn't be a very idea at all.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
It's not going to happen. If you don't like America the way it is then get the fuck out.

Said whites to blacks in the 60s. Solid arguement Vic.

Below is a map of countries that have birthright citizenship. All those countries in South America (and Pakistan!) are free as a bird. And look at Europe, Australia, and Japan. Such an unfree backward folk they are.

5bd9b4780d7c672db91ab5fd-750-985.jpg