Refurb: Netgear WPNT834-NAR RangeMax 240 Wireless Broadband Router

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
I've had this router for 3 months and have only had to reset it once. My internet connection and file transfers are noticably faster.

DanDrop

Aug 9, 2002
Having to reset the router once in a while is normal, but it is not normal when you keep on doing it all the time. I have a buffalo air station that has not been reset in over 6 mos.

What i suggest is that you update the firmware on your router, it usually solves the problem.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: DanDrop
Having to reset the router once in a while is normal, but it is not normal when you keep on doing it all the time. I have a buffalo air station that has not been reset in over 6 mos.

What i suggest is that you update the firmware on your router, it usually solves the problem.

It has been updated to the latest out already. I thought that was the problem too but that never fixed my problem and its been doing this ever since I got it so like the last 8 months or so.

tealk

Diamond Member
May 27, 2005
Got the router today, updated the firmware right off the bat...everything running great.....Am I seeing things.....or does this router seems faster(internet faster) then my 54mbps router when using wired connection?

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Darn! This thing has no Vista support. What a pain in the ass. Now I have to ship this stuff back.

Delbert

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: zephyrprime
Darn! This thing has no Vista support. What a pain in the ass. Now I have to ship this stuff back.

A router that is OS dependant?

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Delbert
Originally posted by: zephyrprime

A router that is OS dependant?
I meant the USB adapter and PCMCIA adapter that goes along with this. Sorry for the confusion.

Skyhack

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Delbert
All these lead me to search outpost for Netgear refurbished!
Isnt that USB WG111 TiVo approved?

Yes it is...I've been using that adapter for over a year (router is in the basement and the TIVO is upstairs in the family room) and haven't had a problem at all...

BrokenArrow

Jan 30, 2004
Looks like the Rangemax 240 router is gone, but if you got one (like me) they also have the Rangemax 240 notebook PC card HERE and the Rangemax 240 USB adapter HERE, both refurbished, for only $19.99 each with free shipping.

dehemke

Nov 17, 2004
Mine arrived today. Router + PC Card.

Going back out tomorrow.

The router was stuck in nasty loop. It would restart itself, perform a system test, connect any devices just long enough for me to get my hopes up, then restart itself, perform its self test, ad naseum.

:(

Was unable to reach a person at netgear after 20 minutes in phone maze hold hell.

Fry's service support was great. They couldn't fix the problem obviously, but were fast and friendly - and will cover shipping back.

BrokenArrow

Jan 30, 2004
My router arrived the other day. Works great so far, wired and wireless. I went ahead and ordered a PC card too. Hope it works as good as my router. Dehemke, did your PC card work?

GreenGhost

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I ordered the pc card, too. Gonna wait a week to see if it's back in stock, otherwise order something else.

us3rnotfound

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
Originally posted by: dehemke

Going back out tomorrow.

The router was stuck in nasty loop. It would restart itself, perform a system test, connect any devices just long enough for me to get my hopes up, then restart itself, perform its self test, ad naseum.

Was unable to reach a person at netgear after 20 minutes in phone maze hold hell.

Fry's service support was great. They couldn't fix the problem obviously, but were fast and friendly - and will cover shipping back.

Should have just sold it to me.

Steve325

Aug 3, 2005
went from 8000/768 to a consistant 15000/800 with this router. Now averaging 1.5mb/s on good servers!!!

docinthebox

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Steve325
went from 8000/768 to a consistant 15000/800 with this router. Now averaging 1.5mb/s on good servers!!!

What was your previous router, the one that had the bottleneck of 8000/768?

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: dehemke

Going back out tomorrow.

Mine is going back for the same reason. Worked fine for a couple of days then started doing that.