Quiet case for AMD TR based system

mastupristi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm in the process of changing my system, and I'm oriented towards AMD TR systems. The important thing is that the whole system is as quiet as possible, taking into account that the system will be a non-gaming workstation (so I would exclude the possibility of overclocking).
I am looking for a tower case that has comfortable HD housings (of those that fit from the side) and that has the front free, without doors, to have the BD-burner, memory card reader, USB sockets and jack for headphones and microphone.
The case will be located on the left, but all the cases with doors that I have seen have the opening on the right, so I prefer without doors, or with the door with opening on the left.
So far in my shortlist there are Nanoxia CoolForce 1, Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Edition and Corsair Obsidian 750D. Do you have any other suggestions?

best regards
Max

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
I've been looking at the Define R6. It has a spot for one Optical drive, but no where to install your card reader. I use an external card reader, so no issue for me. It will comes with enough drive bays to hold 6 - 3.5" and 2 - 2.5" drives. You can buy extra mounts to increase that to 10 and 4 drives. The door can be configured to open from the right or left.

The windowed edition is currently on sale (normally $149) at Newegg, but they sold out this weekend before I made up my mind to order, They seem to go on sale often though for $110 to $120 shipped.

4 color choices, you can also get them without a window.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811352076

Campy

Jun 25, 2010
Define R6 lets you flip the way the door opens, and so does the BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900.