Quick Poll: Are you from California?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Are you from California?

• I'm left leaning, and I am from California.

• I'm right leaning, and I am from California.

• I'm left leaning, and I am from a US state other than California.

• I'm right leaning, and I am from a US state other than California.

• I'm not from the US

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Large population spread over a large area with diverse religion, ethnicity, and cultures. We are all over the place, except for some things because I can't for the life of me figure out why we constantly vote for the same people over and over and over again.

Central CA, Orange County and San Diego County are definitely twisted Right Wing Bastions just like San Francisco and the East bay along with Hollyweird and LA are sandal wearing Grapenut Strongholds.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Some right some left ideals, Born in OC 1971. Moved out in 1994 after I got done with school to work @ Nevada test site.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Central CA, Orange County and San Diego County are definitely twisted Right Wing Bastions just like San Francisco and the East bay along with Hollyweird and LA are sandal wearing Grapenut Strongholds.

Haha, don't knock sandals. :D

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I was born there, but haven't lived there in 47 yrs.

Right leaning.

Fern

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
My basic attitude is *if* they are going to take from me, and I don't like it (who does) I rather redistribution start at the bottom than Sugar Companies, corp farms and Bankers.

We should avoid war but *if* we do it come down on them like a ton of bricks. No BS.

I don't care what you do in personal life so long at doesn't effect someone else negatively.

There is no party for me.

Feb 19, 2001
Hey most people on this forum are left leaning. Poll is wrong.

You may be right leaning compared to San Francisco politics (e.g. Gavin Newsom) but you are not right leaning overall.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Extreme conservatives? Surely you're not speaking of the governor.

Yes California has a deep divide, but I find the CRP to be horridly moderate.

No not the governor at all. He's very centrist. (much to my liking)

Yes, extreme conservatives. California is home to some of the most conservative places in the entire nation. There's a reason why OCguy on here is so conservative... he's from Orange County, CA, a place renowned countrywide for it's heavy conservative tilt.

For an example look at a posting from a paper on state legislature ideologies that I linked awhile back during that Scozzafava mess. Look at all the other states... and then look at California.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You may be right leaning compared to San Francisco politics (e.g. Gavin Newsom) but you are not right leaning overall.

Hahaha, nice. Did you stop and think for a minute that maybe they just look left leaning from where you're standing?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-

The Left leaning haven't figured out how to vote in our polls yet; nobody here from ACORN to help them vote.

Fern

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
The Left leaning haven't figured out how to vote in our polls yet; nobody here from ACORN to help them vote.

Fern
Yeah they need a Limbaugh character like you wingnuts have to tell them what to think.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

Yeah I'm born and raised LA County. You're forgetting though, Southern Californians aren't to fond of Northern Californians and vice versa. Even if they do agree. I mean come on! The mother fuckers up there say "hella" ffs!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah I'm born and raised LA County. You're forgetting though, Southern Californians aren't to fond of Northern Californians and vice versa. Even if they do agree. I mean come on! The mother fuckers up there say "hella" ffs!
And you guys are fat, stupid and can't drive worth a shit.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
And you guys are fat, stupid and can't drive worth a shit.

Pfft, your weather blows compared to ours and you have WAY to many hippies and hipsters to even make it a viable place to live. Again, you guys say "hella" you're automatically inferior to us because of it.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Pfft, your weather blows compared to ours and you have WAY to many hippies and hipsters to even make it a viable place to live. Again, you guys say "hella" you're automatically inferior to us because of it.
We have two Pro Football teams, you have zip plus all the illegals that make up a large portion of your population (not to mention the gang bangers)

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
We have two Pro Football teams, you have zip plus all the illegals that make up a large portion of your population (not to mention the gang bangers)

Yes because Northern California doesn't have any bad areas or gang bangers... lol. We have a pro football team, the Chargers. We also have the better basketball and baseball teams. Not to mention all the cool amusement parks are down here.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Yes because Northern California doesn't have any bad areas or gang bangers... lol. We have a pro football team, the Chargers. We also have the better basketball and baseball teams. Not to mention all the cool amusement parks are down here.
LOL, I'm sure those in San Diego are pleased to be included with you tree swingers from LA..NOT.

BTW those Amusement Parks you mention, you mean the places were you idiots go to stand in line for hours?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
LOL, I'm sure those in San Diego are pleased to be included with you tree swingers from LA..NOT.

BTW those Amusement Parks you mention, you mean the places were you idiots go to stand in line for hours?

Of course San Diego is included, they are from Southern California. I actually like San Diego and the people from San Diego. Atleast we have the kick ass amusement parks with long lines, you guys have to travel all the way down here to visit them, I have to drive 30 minutes.

I'm really surprised you haven't pulled the Inland Empire(909) card yet. I would have to concede that, but no one with a brain even considers them part of Southern California. It's just some shit hole located here, but I mean come on you guys have Stockton and that place is a fucking shit hole.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hey, I'm from San Diego and we most certainly do NOT want to be lumped in with LA.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
eskimospy, you weren't even born here you get no say. San Diego is part of Southern California and I think San Diego is an awesome place. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the OC. The Inland Empire for the most part needs to be done away with. I think everyone from and living here can agree that place fucking sucks and we should remove it from California.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Again, you guys say "hella" you're automatically inferior to us because of it.
Well at least some form of English is the main language there.

BTW I live in Boston now which is great until the winter months hit.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Well at least some form of English is the main language there.

BTW I live in Boston now which is great until the winter months hit.

You call "hella" English!? Come on! How's the weather been there btw? It's been rather cold(relative to our climate) here. Fucking hitting like 40F at night and shit, can hardly wear shorts!

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
eskimospy, you weren't even born here you get no say. San Diego is part of Southern California and I think San Diego is an awesome place. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the OC. The Inland Empire for the most part needs to be done away with. I think everyone from and living here can agree that place fucking sucks and we should remove it from California.

All of SC sucks. Concrete Jungle, pretentious snobs and you gotta be a gazillionaire to live by water.