Prediction: G.O.P. will not win another presidential election until 2024 or later.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I hate to break it to you, but if the Dems insist on not reforming themselves and demonstrate bias against so many then yes, the Republicans can win, especially if the mainstream gets it's act together after this fiasco. Who don't people bow down and take what your wise men tell them they must? Because people don't like to be talked about like they were crap underneath a shoe. Hillary certainly did with her Romney "47 percent" comment.

"Oh but Trump". What about him? He barely won and was the only candidate who showed a higher disapproval than Hillary in a Presidential election.

What's the difference? Both candidates and their machines were as two wolves. One cut off one group from the other and called them their own. Trump had a few more sheep, but that's how this played out.

Might want to play a shepard over the whole flock next time and I don't mean a wolf in shepard's clothing either.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I don't think Democrats truly understand just how much damage Obama has done to their party. I know they really want to believe that things are so much better but the reality is that they aren't. I don't know what's more disturbing, that our government feels that they can dish out bullshit statistics or that so many of the populace are willing to accept them at face value.

The decimation of the Democratic Party, visualized

CTRL-L: The Left Loses Its Unremitting Fight for Control

Rumors are afloat that Rep. Keith Ellison may be the next head of the DNC. He's an extreme left Muslim convert that I have had the displeasure of listening to numerous times. This guy could be their pick? Seems like a bad move, but the pendulum has swung and will continue to swing. Maybe the country will be ready to go full blown communist next presidential election. Sanders sure swooned many but he was smart enough to tone down his true feelings. Ellison is both childlike and in your face with his ravings.

With the wikileaks email releases one thing seems certain, that the DNC either needs to restore their internal operations to ones that more closely conform to decency or, hide their actions better. I suspect the latter will be the methodology they will employ. That may only require some training regarding which emails not to open and perhaps some IT personnel that actually have some training and knowledge. The low road evidently has an enormous appeal to the DNC and its followers.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Rumors are afloat that Rep. Keith Ellison may be the next head of the DNC. He's an extreme left Muslim convert that I have had the displeasure of listening to numerous times. This guy could be their pick? Seems like a bad move, but the pendulum has swung and will continue to swing. Maybe the country will be ready to go full blown communist next presidential election. Sanders sure swooned many but he was smart enough to tone down his true feelings. Ellison is both childlike and in your face with his ravings.

Ellison is probably going to be the DNC chair, not the next candidate for president. He'll foster the promotion of Sanders brand progressives in the party power structure. Those rust belt states that Trump turned had a lot of Sanders supporters who didn't vote for Clinton and flipped to Trump on economics/jobs. There are a raft of interviews with these people out there indicating that should Trump fail to deliver he and his party will not be rewarded in coming elections.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Without a doubt this election has proved the power of the vote. Considering how many eligible people opted not to cast a vote there are many reasons why this turned out like it did. Those 90 million people could've made a different but they chose not to and that in itself is very sad (heard that before on twitter maybe). When your population doesn't care enough to vote for the office of president what else in life will they also not care enough about to act upon?

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
I don't think Democrats truly understand just how much damage Obama has done to their party. I know they really want to believe that things are so much better but the reality is that they aren't. I don't know what's more disturbing, that our government feels that they can dish out bullshit statistics or that so many of the populace are willing to accept them at face value.

With the wikileaks email releases one thing seems certain, that the DNC either needs to restore their internal operations to ones that more closely conform to decency or, hide their actions better. I suspect the latter will be the methodology they will employ. That may only require some training regarding which emails not to open and perhaps some IT personnel that actually have some training and knowledge. The low road evidently has an enormous appeal to the DNC and its followers.

From the Post article linked:

"That whistling sound you hear is the party Thelma-and-Louiseing."

Without a doubt this election has proved the power of the vote. Considering how many eligible people opted not to cast a vote there are many reasons why this turned out like it did. Those 90 million people could've made a different but they chose not to and that in itself is very sad (heard that before on twitter maybe). When your population doesn't care enough to vote for the office of president what else in life will they also not care enough about to act upon?

In a sense,they were heard, (the non voters). They couldn't support Hillary or Trump, so they stayed home.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
It's like the Democrats were trying to outdo the Republicans on how scummy/corrupt they can be. Mission Accomplished Democrats! I don't suppose you'd be proud of yourselves now would you?

Oh but it's so much easier to blame someone else...

Reactions: BoberFett

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
In a sense,they were heard, (the non voters). They couldn't support Hillary or Trump, so they stayed home.
History has shown us that kind of apathy before in a population and if you go back to WW2 Germany you can see it among their people when Hitler took power. It didn't take long before his extremist views were being accepted by people and those who opposed were dealt with harshly.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
History has shown us that kind of apathy before in a population and if you go back to WW2 Germany you can see it among their people when Hitler took power. It didn't take long before his extremist views were being accepted by people and those who opposed were dealt with harshly.

I'm going to invoke Goodwin's law at this point. Find a better argument, and a better candidate, get back to me.

And as a palate cleanser, here's Hillary being thrown into a van like a side of beef, while her campaign lies about it for 1/2 a day.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...linton_stumble_change_course_of_history_.html

"Gazda, who had made more than $100,000 for his famous 20-second clip, said after he turned off his video, said he saw Clinton shaking inside the van."

Why the hell should that inspire confidence in voters or ensure a turnout? Particularly with her campaign spinning it for 1/2 a day?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
One thing I like about Trump winning is that there are so many old threads to dig up now and laugh at.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
You guys are forgetting that things can happen very quickly. Just look at the Republicans. Wasn't it just a few years ago that we were calling for the end of that party? That they were stuck in the past.

*That if you didn't agree with a womans right to abortion, gay marriage, immigration, free trade and transgender rights you were going to be left in the dust.

*That if you didn't pander to the Spanish population it meant the end.

There are plenty more. The point is Democrats were pretty certain that the Republican party was finished. That they were a group of old white men who were stuck in the past. Then Donald appeared and BAM! They take the House, Senate, Supreme Court and Presidency. They knocked out the Dems. For now anyway.

A lot can happen in 10 years.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
And this video, what the hell was this? She looks like an anamatronic Disneyworld prop.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004

I love how all the stats are bullshit under Obama but are just fine any other time.