possible BULLYING murder in an Oklahoma school

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
Signs of severe toxicity of benadryl overdose — Effects on the central nervous system (CNS) are associated with more severe anticholinergic toxicity. These CNS effects may include anxiety, agitation, dysarthria, confusion, disorientation, visual hallucinations, bizarre behavior, delirium, psychosis (usually paranoia), coma, and seizures. Central effects often develop concomitantly with peripheral effects (described below) but may persist or manifest after peripheral effects resolve. Patients with CNS toxicity require closer observation and more aggressive care. (See 'Management' below.)

Fluoxetine has been available longer than the other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), and many studies and reports exist supporting its safety in overdose [12,17-20]. Approximately half of fluoxetine ingestions remain asymptomatic, while the most frequently reported symptoms are nausea, vomiting, somnolence, tremor, agitation, and tachycardia. Most symptoms are benign and resolve quickly. Serious toxicity, such as dysrhythmias, seizures, central nervous system (CNS) depression, and respiratory arrest, is rare but can occur, especially when coingestants such as ethanol are present [12,19]. Serious toxicity is typically attributed to the coingestant and not to fluoxetine.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
They aren't saying it was an accident, so likely more than one dose worth
Both medications have a very wide therapeutic index, which is basically the difference between effective dose and toxic dose.

Taken individually, you'd be looking at 50-100x normal dosages to be at risk of death. And checking online drug to drug interactions specifically for those two, it lists only a minor risk of interaction.

They likely saw drug levels that were well outside what could be caused by an extra dose or two. They may have even found empty bottles present at the scene and suspected overdose, but held off releasing/speculating on that ahead of toxicology confirming actual levels.

Example for diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl/Unisom etc.):

It has been reported that DPH therapeutic levels in the blood range between 25 and 112 ng/mL, toxic levels are about 5000 ng/mL, and lethal levels are anywhere in excess of 8000 ng/mL (3, 17). There have also been several cases of DPH abuse that have been documented over many years (18–20)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Signs of severe toxicity of benadryl overdose — Effects on the central nervous system (CNS) are associated with more severe anticholinergic toxicity. These CNS effects may include anxiety, agitation, dysarthria, confusion, disorientation, visual hallucinations, bizarre behavior, delirium, psychosis (usually paranoia), coma, and seizures. Central effects often develop concomitantly with peripheral effects (described below) but may persist or manifest after peripheral effects resolve. Patients with CNS toxicity require closer observation and more aggressive care. (See 'Management' below.)

Fluoxetine has been available longer than the other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), and many studies and reports exist supporting its safety in overdose [12,17-20]. Approximately half of fluoxetine ingestions remain asymptomatic, while the most frequently reported symptoms are nausea, vomiting, somnolence, tremor, agitation, and tachycardia. Most symptoms are benign and resolve quickly. Serious toxicity, such as dysrhythmias, seizures, central nervous system (CNS) depression, and respiratory arrest, is rare but can occur, especially when coingestants such as ethanol are present [12,19]. Serious toxicity is typically attributed to the coingestant and not to fluoxetine.
Layman's terms?

I think I got the Benadryl could kill you but the Prozac probably not.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Sadly teens are very peer praise seeking having suffered humiliation as children and seeking to find some self respect from the approval of others and are therefore at heightened risk from social bullying. This is because there are very few people with the wisdom to guide them as nobody wants to have to deal or recognize the problem of self hate. We let our teens die because we won't face the real truth about how we feel. Dealing with the issue of others hating themselves to the point of wanting to take their own lives can lead to the recognition we have the same feelings ourselves and if we were to allow that pain to become conscious we also would kill ourselves. We are fucked because we are profoundly and powerfully motivated to be ignorant. Someone comes along and says hey you stupid fuckers you're only fucked because you are brain dead and instead of a thanks for telling me you want the truth teller dead. He hurt your feeling. No he didn't hurt your feelings he said you spend your life in a state of self contempt that is only real because you believe it. You could save the world but you have to save yourself first.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Layman's terms?

I think I got the Benadryl could kill you but the Prozac probably not.
It’s possible for Prozac to be fatal as several of the effects at high enough levels can lead to death, but unlikely. I found a few medical articles on isolated overdoses of just it requiring intensive treatment, but were also into the 50-100 pill range.

But looking at the serious toxic effects listed : Dysrhythmias are abnormal heart rhythms, which depending on underlying health and which rhythm/severity could lead to death, seizures though rarely fatal can be if prolonged and untreated or they cause secondary trauma like falls, accidents, drownings, and obviously respiratory arrest- ceasing to breathe can be fatal.

It’s possible they had a very high, but a little less than what would usually be fatal level of diphenhydramine, but also similarly high level of fluoxetine. Both of which overlap on some cardiac and nervous system toxicity, and the medical examiner is unable to determine which medication actually caused death.

All of that information gives a little insight in how they might have died, but little into the tragedy of why a teenager is dead.

Reactions: Zorba

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It’s possible for Prozac to be fatal as several of the effects at high enough levels can lead to death, but unlikely. I found a few medical articles on isolated overdoses of just it requiring intensive treatment, but were also into the 50-100 pill range.

But looking at the serious toxic effects listed : Dysrhythmias are abnormal heart rhythms, which depending on underlying health and which rhythm/severity could lead to death, seizures though rarely fatal can be if prolonged and untreated or they cause secondary trauma like falls, accidents, drownings, and obviously respiratory arrest- ceasing to breathe can be fatal.

It’s possible they had a very high, but a little less than what would usually be fatal level of diphenhydramine, but also similarly high level of fluoxetine. Both of which overlap on some cardiac and nervous system toxicity, and the medical examiner is unable to determine which medication actually caused death.

All of that information gives a little insight in how they might have died, but little into the tragedy of why a teenager is dead.
The simple answer is that language makes it possible to convince people they are things that don't actually exist except in thought and imagination. The enemy is in our heads and nowhere else.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
The simple answer is that language makes it possible to convince people they are things that don't actually exist except in thought and imagination. The enemy is in our heads and nowhere else.
It's that same language that convinces people that these don't exist and aren't real, when the reality is far more complex. Thanks for trying to dilute my intersex condition as being in my head.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
My favorite comment from people on articles on transgender individuals is "scientists and researchers are stupid!" The answer is so obvious! It is? These same people then proclaim intellectual superiority with their middle or high school biology course. Usually, the proclamation focuses on just chromosomes, and they lift this banner above their heads waving it violently along with the Bible as their verifiable proof of their confirmation bias. They ascribe to their "unbiased" sources of Fox News, PragerU, their pastor, or my other favorite, an article by Leonard Sax when they Google searched, "how common is intersex?" The next logical step is, "oh this is rare, we can just ignore it then." Another bias and logical fallacy. What's really funny, is this notion that we, as scientists and medical providers, have stopped researching sometime in the 1970s and 80s. There must be nothing else to learn. We know it all! Consequently, we should stop learning and researching.

Guess, all that medical stuff, we can just ignore. The tens of thousands of research articles. Just ignore. Because it's all in our heads and reasons. Love the willful ignorance people. Love it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's that same language that convinces people that these don't exist and aren't real, when the reality is far more complex. Thanks for trying to dilute my intersex condition as being in my head.
I’m afraid that your assumption that what I said implied that was all in your head. I know for a fact it was not in mine and therefore not real.

And why would you use the term intersex condition since that which is real is not conditioned on anything; it is what it is.

Think about that please. I do know why you did so. We use language to communicate. The words we use are not the thing itself but like fingers pointing at the moon. The finger is not the moon and intersex condition points for you one place and for me to whatever bullshit I may have acquired from all the times I was exposed to what the words trigger.

You live in a world full of sick people, self haters looking for anybody they can find with some difference about them they cam use to cry ‘inferior’ and put you down so they can pretend to themselves their stupid normal is better. If you give substance to the concept of inferior and superior, notions carried by language, and add to that self identification as either one of them, you buy into the disease.

Your job then becomes letting go of value judgment, seeing yourself absent identification with anything as conscious awareness equals oneness of being, you and the universe one and the same thing.

Then and only they in that place beyond judgment, where thought and time do not exist, what I or anybody else has in their own heads will not touch you at all.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
I’m afraid that your assumption that what I said implied that was all in your head. I know for a fact it was not in mine and therefore not real.

And why would you use the term intersex condition since that which is real is not conditioned on anything; it is what it is.

Think about that please. I do know why you did so. We use language to communicate. The words we use are not the thing itself but like fingers pointing at the moon. The finger is not the moon and intersex condition points for you one place and for me to whatever bullshit I may have acquired from all the times I was exposed to what the words trigger.

You live in a world full of sick people, self haters looking for anybody they can find with some difference about them they cam use to cry ‘inferior’ and put you down so they can pretend to themselves their stupid normal is better. If you give substance to the concept of inferior and superior, notions carried by language, and add to that self identification as either one of them, you buy into the disease.

Your job then becomes letting go of value judgment, seeing yourself absent identification with anything as conscious awareness equals oneness of being, you and the universe one and the same thing.

Then and only they in that place beyond judgment, where thought and time do not exist, what I or anybody else has in their own heads will not touch you at all.
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm - I'm not sure why you are wanting to go all philosophical. Written language has its strengths and weaknesses. Always has. Inflection, tone, sarcasm are not written communication's strengths. Consequently, I am left to interpret your prior statement based on the available context provided to me in the prior statement. I will add, I have recently been verbally harassed and threatened. We just helped another transgender individual who was physically assaulted. I've previously helped someone who was sex trafficked. I've just had a wonderful talk with someone who experienced a conversation where death threats and torture for transgender individuals was encouraged. I am being attacked for doing nothing wrong! There's lots of flowery language I can use, but I am in a very visible position as part of my job and overall influence. Maybe you had better intentions. Sorry, if I misinterpreted them.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm - I'm not sure why you are wanting to go all philosophical. Written language has its strengths and weaknesses. Always has. Inflection, tone, sarcasm are not written communication's strengths. Consequently, I am left to interpret your prior statement based on the available context provided to me in the prior statement. I will add, I have recently been verbally harassed and threatened. We just helped another transgender individual who was physically assaulted. I've previously helped someone who was sex trafficked. I've just had a wonderful talk with someone who experienced a conversation where death threats and torture for transgender individuals was encouraged. I am being attacked for doing nothing wrong! There's lots of flowery language I can use, but I am in a very visible position as part of my job and overall influence. Maybe you had better intentions. Sorry, if I misinterpreted them.
The human brain is wired to detect patterns. If all a person ever hears is abuse it becomes what one expects to hear. My intention is to point out to others that this process can become our own worst enemy. All that is needed is to buy into the notion that good and evil and the notions about them are created by language memory and thought. Certainty of vision, insight into this fact provides an avenue to freedom. The finger of accusation directed at you is not you when the duality made possible by language is left behind. You, in my opinion, like all other human beings, are a creation of the image of God which is what we are meant to become. You are not alone and you are loved. It's just very hard to remember that fact.

Mar 11, 2004

He didn't. He's a gun nut that thinks its ok to worship his surrogate penis (aka, gun) because he's been so immasculated (by himself, but he blames the rest of society for it; which is ironic considering how often he proselytizes about how everyone else is full of self hate but he's not) while he tries to call you and transgender persons crazy. His intent is to fluff his own massively overinflated ego so he can pretend that he's always right and everyone else is wrong. He'll ultimately just resort to "everyone else self hates and that blinds them to the real knowledge which only Moombean is privy to!"

You should also know he also worships Jordan Peterson which should tell you the level of intellectual discourse you'll find trying to discuss anything with them. They just spout nonsense, when called on it cry that everyone else just hates themselves - yes I've said that multiple times, but it doesn't do justice to how often they just devolve to claiming that (or Peterson cries how he just gets trolled - after he complains about how modern society coddles everyone too much, but apparently not cis white men which he thinks we should allow to terrorize everyone else cause if we don't well they might just have to go and be violent and somehow its better if we're nice to them when they're being angry like that changes them resorting to violence; like I said, you're not gonna find a deep well of thought there).

Save your energy. You won't accomplish anything but waste your time and sounds like there's plenty of other people far more deserving of it than trying to change the mind of one isolated weird