Popped collars

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Ok, to preface, I do not participate in the collar popping trend.

However, I don't understand why some people have such a problem with it. So you think its stupid. So you think they're just doing it to fit in. SO WHAT? How does it harm you that people make such a big deal out of it? I see a whole lot WORSE fashion statements on a daily basis, and no one whines about them.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
I heard a popped collar means you killed someone

like a spider web tattoo on your elbow

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: wafflesandsyrup
hip hop culture's a b¡tch, aint it?

hip hop culture?

Its hardly a hip hop culture trend, if thats what you're referring to....

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Deeko
Originally posted by: wafflesandsyrup
hip hop culture's a b¡tch, aint it?

hip hop culture?

Its hardly a hip hop culture trend, if thats what you're referring to....

It came back cause Dewanye East started poppin his..

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Because the whole practice it to make yourself look like a snobby bitch.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
It's because the people that pop them KNOW they look like pompous assholes yet they still do it , which makes them even bigger douches

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Ok, to preface, I do not participate in the collar popping trend.

However, I don't understand why some people have such a problem with it. So you think its stupid. So you think they're just doing it to fit in. SO WHAT? How does it harm you that people make such a big deal out of it? I see a whole lot WORSE fashion statements on a daily basis, and no one whines about them.

It makes my eyes bleed and I cry at night because of it . . . . what more do you want from me?!

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Mo0o
It's because the people that pop them KNOW they look like pompous assholes yet they still do it , which makes them even bigger douches

I don't necessarily agree with that...a) HOW does it make them look like a pompous asshole and b) what makes you think A is true and that they know it?

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001

I don't necessarily agree with that...a) HOW does it make them look like a pompous asshole and b) what makes you think A is true and that they know it?

Because the stigma is so prevelant in society now. That popped collars make you look like an ass. They would either be completely ignorant or been living under a rock to not have alteast heard of it.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

Because the stigma is so prevelant in society now. That popped collars make you look like an ass. They would either be completely ignorant or been living under a rock to not have alteast heard of it.

Maybe thats the stigma among the 'ATOT-esque' society. I can assure you, being friends with many collar-poppers, it is NOT a stigma among that 'society'.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000

Yep...

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001

Maybe thats the stigma among the 'ATOT-esque' society. I can assure you, being friends with many collar-poppers, it is NOT a stigma among that 'society'.

Everybody I've talk to know of this stigma

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001

yup. i visit some fashion forums on occasion. it seems the 'popped' collar is not very well recieved by the fashion/retro crowd. they say sometimes its acceptable, if its tasteful, but this is very rare (certain layers/articles of clothing). the rule of thumb is, dont flip the collar up unless you know what you're doing. when in doubt, always leave it down.

Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004

XD

Battleangel3222

Jan 29, 2004
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother

yup. i visit some fashion forums on occasion. it seems the 'popped' collar is not very well recieved by the fashion/retro crowd. they say sometimes its acceptable, if its tasteful, but this is very rare (certain layers/articles of clothing). the rule of thumb is, dont flip the collar up unless you know what you're doing. when in doubt, always leave it down.

How about I just not let mommy tell us what to wear? Apparently in this day in age being an adult you still have to be told what to do by some kind of industry....sickening.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Battleangel3222
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother

How about I just not let mommy tell us what to wear? Apparently in this day in age being an adult you still have to be told what to do by some kind of industry....sickening.

fashion is fashion... sometimes what the industry pushes/what is in is what looks good... cant deny that