Poll: Should you be able to get a refund on bad games?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Should you be able to get a refund on games?

• Yes, at any time

• Yes, but only if you have had it for less than a certain amount of time

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
You are going to have to expand on this first-hand knowledge of yours.

Ultimately your point seems to be that sometimes something will happen if some combination of some things take place. You are talking in such broad terms that it is meaningless.

Not at all. I am merely saying that stating that one instance of something not happening does not prove that it will never and can never happen, which was the point the other poster was trying to make.

My original point was that it is both possible and logical that, given the circumstances I indicated, that negative consequences could come out of the flagrant abuse of a return policy based on subjective criteria. You have not disuated me of that position.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Not at all. I am merely saying that stating that once instance of something not happening does not prove that it will never and can never happen, which was the point the other poster was trying to make.

My original point was that it is both possible and logical that, given the circumstances I indicated, that negative consequences could come out of the flagrant abuse of a return policy based on subjective criteria. You have not disuated me of that position.

We have not dissuaded you from your point that if something is abused then it may or may not have negative consequences...?

Your point is so utterly devoid of anything meaningful that it wasn't even worth raising.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
We have not dissuaded you from your point that if something is abused then it may or may not have negative consequences...?

Your point is so utterly devoid of anything meaningful that it wasn't even worth raising.

Well, certainly one of our posts is utterly without value. As you have not added anything to the discussion, I once again bow out of the discussion. I am not going to bait troll activity.

If you have something to add to the discussion, please feel free to do so.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Well, certainly one of our posts is utterly without value. As you have not added anything to the discussion, I once again bow out of the discussion. I am not going to bait troll activity.

If you have something to add to the discussion, please feel free to do so.

Well I look forward to your return on ATOT;

Depending on how much butter you put on your toast, it may or may not taste sickly.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
I'd say you are entitled to your opinion. But would question the strength of your argument if you have to resort to insults to make your point.

I would also caution you about the TOS of this site.

Nope. No need to question the strength of my argument; in fact, both a published author and an owner of a retail store effectively disagree with you. I'd say my argument is fairly sound.

Where I resorted to an insult (and you're right, it's only an opinion, can't blame me for having an opinion can you? I'm, for sure, not the first person ever to call you that, am I?) was at the point I realized that no matter how good my or anyone else's argument was or would be, you'd never accept it.

And thanks for letting me know the rules around here, like as a member of these forums two years your senior, I didn't know already.