Poll: Nor. Cal. vs. So. Cal.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Hmm... Sac and Sanfran area isn't really Nor cal. its just the most populated area north of So cal thats still in southern cali. :)

So cal ownz joo!! Too bad I'll be in Davis for the next couple years.

<== monkey dance

sheselectric

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
Nor Cal definitely. I grew up in Nor Cal but I went to UCLA, so I know both pretty well. I like certain aspects of LA but my loyalties reside with my favorite city, San Francisco. :)

Stojakapimp

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by: sheselectric
Nor Cal definitely. I grew up in Nor Cal but I went to UCLA, so I know both pretty well. I like certain aspects of LA but my loyalties reside with my favorite city, San Francisco. :)

Same here...grew up in Sacto and go to school at UCSD. But I'd really hate to take sides, so i'll just say that California is the best

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Muah, tied 7 - 7. So Cal all the way, grew up there, but now residing in Berkeley and the B(g)ay area.

Pixelated

May 15, 2002
San Francisco = cool (+1)
Sacramento = very uncool (-1)

Los Angeles = cool (+1)
San Diego = pretty cool (+.5)

No Cal - 0
So Cal - 1.5

SoCal all the way.
(just took into account the largest cities and please don't mention Fresno, it'll just put NorCal into the negative.

SHoddyCOmp

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2002
Norcal, mostly because i live here.
rolleye.gif

sheselectric

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Pixelated

Los Angeles = cool (+1)

No Cal - 0
So Cal - 1.5

SoCal all the way.
(just took into account the largest cities and please don't mention Fresno, it'll just put NorCal into the negative.

first of all, SF should be (+3) and LA should be (+0.5). And if you mention Fresno, I have no choice but to mention Bakersfield. :Q

LordUnum

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Um... SoCal. That being said, I totally enjoy Redwood and Yosemite N.P.'s, love Tahoe anytime, and revel everyday in the fact I live within an easy 8-hour drive of San Diego/TJ, S.F., Vegas, and Phoenix---the trip made all the more pleasurable in my new ride. :)

I was gonna respond with "why the divisiveness?" ... but then I thought "Cali vs. (fill-in-the-blank)" ... well, as we all know, Cali as a whole just 0wnz, so no contest there. Joy.

So have fun with your poll. ;)

EDIT: BTW, was this thread somehow inspired by the "Camping on Cali. beaches" thread, or was this just a lark or some strange coincidence? :p

Stojakapimp

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by: LordUnum
Um... SoCal. That being said, I totally enjoy Redwood and Yosemite N.P.'s, love Tahoe anytime, and revel everyday in the fact I live within an easy 8-hour drive of San Diego/TJ, S.F., Vegas, and Phoenix---the trip made all the more pleasurable in my new ride. :)

I was gonna respond with "why the divisiveness?" ... but then I thought "Cali vs. (fill-in-the-blank)" ... well, as we all know, Cali as a whole just 0wnz, so no contest there. Joy.

So have fun with your poll. ;)

I agree...i'm just happy to be living in this great state

Pixelated

May 15, 2002
Originally posted by: sheselectric
Originally posted by: Pixelated

Los Angeles = cool (+1)

No Cal - 0
So Cal - 1.5

SoCal all the way.

first of all, SF should be (+3) and LA should be (+0.5). And if you mention Fresno, I have no choice but to mention Bakersfield. :Q

funny you mentioned Bakersfield... see my previous post... I don't consider Bakersfield as SoCal. I don't think Northern California want them either though.

Reliant

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I lived in San Diego for 5 years and Nor. Cal for 14.
I have to say that Nor. Cal is better, only because I live here.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
socal= superficial and beautiful
norcal= deep and not so pretty

hmm...

i'd take Orange County over saratoga anyday! =P