Poll: Nor. Cal. vs. So. Cal.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I've driven in LA's rush hour (on friday no less) and I've found that although it's thick, and wide spread. It's calm. People in LA just accept that it's slow and crowded and have gotten over it. Alot of people around Sacramento still fight it, and that only makes it worse.

<-- commutes 2 hours before rush hour (5:15-5:45 AM and 2:45-3:15 PM)

GoSharks

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

b) you have to PAY to go to San Francisco unless you're willing to go around the entire bay from the bottom, wtf. Either BART fee or bridge fee.

u expect all those bridges to be free?

swim across. thats free ;)

sheselectric

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

Sorry, I like to drive... we have parking in Orange County because we know how to design our cities better. We don't like to keep unsafe, outdated, overpriced buildings with no parking.

you know how to design your cities better? maybe we should have just filled up the SF Bay with 800 billion pounds of dirt...then you wouldn't have to pay 2 effing dollars every time you wanted to go there.

side note: i will admit the *women* are better looking in So Cal but the *men* are better in SF...and that's what matters to me. ;)

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by: sheselectric

side note: i will admit the *women* are better looking in So Cal but the *men* are better in SF...and that's what matters to me. ;)

rofl... only in the gay bay ;)

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Pffffff....Central Coast!!!! Don't be playa hatas....;)

Bobomatic

Dec 31, 2001
Hey we are one state, cant the superior socal live in peace with norcal? maybe ill reconsider(puts flamesuit on) if the Kings leave. I am biased though, only been to san francisco twice, and I have lived all my life in socal. And why is it so crowded in san francisco? it is too many people in a small space.

LaBang

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2001
EDIT: BTW, was this thread somehow inspired by the "Camping on Cali. beaches" thread, or was this just a lark or some strange coincidence? :p

I think that this thread was inspired from the Sacramento, CA thread. NorCal rulez. But all of California is my home.

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Bobomatic
Hey we are one state, cant the superior socal live in peace with norcal? maybe ill reconsider(puts flamesuit on) if the Kings leave. I am biased though, only been to san francisco twice, and I have lived all my life in socal. And why is it so crowded in san francisco? it is too many people in a small space.

haha you mentioned the Queens ;) Someone's just asking to turn this into a flamethread :p ... actually if you didn't then I probably just did right now ;)

Stojakapimp

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by: bUnMaNGo

haha you mentioned the Queens ;) Someone's just asking to turn this into a flamethread :p ... actually if you didn't then I probably just did right now ;)

You laker "fans" are never content are you? You do realize that you beat the kings right? You should be happy about that, but it seems like your not. Anyways, you all had better be worried about next year and many more years to come...We got Bibby for another 7 and Keon Clark for this coming season. We're only getting better

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Stojakapimp

You laker "fans" are never content are you? You do realize that you beat the kings right? You should be happy about that, but it seems like your not. Anyways, you all had better be worried about next year and many more years to come...We got Bibby for another 7 and Keon Clark for this coming season. We're only getting better

What makes it seem like Lakers fans aren't content with the win? I guess Sactown is still bitter ;) Don't be too touchy here, we're just messing around... hehe 50+ posts and only 3 of them mention Lakers vs Kings :)

Stojakapimp

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002

What makes it seem like Lakers fans aren't content with the win? I guess Sactown is still bitter ;) Don't be too touchy here, we're just messing around... hehe 50+ posts and only 3 of them mention Lakers vs Kings :)

Well sorry about that then. I've just been in many an argument with Laker's fans and I'm not used to them being as reasonable as you. So next season should be interesting

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000

Well sorry about that then. I've just been in many an argument with Laker's fans and I'm not used to them being as reasonable as you. So next season should be interesting

we talking about Pixelated here? hehe anyways yea... I don't understand how you can stand Sactown though... I visit friends in Davis and that's kinda... interesting to say the least ;) I remember going up to Sactown in the 4th grade though on a school trip, and going gold panning on some river somewhere near the old downtown area or whatever it's called. That was fun :) The view of the capitol building thingy at night is pretty tight though.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
So. Cal, but only because I haven't spent enough time in No. Cal to form an opinion.

If you'd like to help me form that opinion, my PayPal address is in my profile. :p :D

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I was going to ask why anyone even had to ask this, but then I saw 48 noth votes to 52 south votes :Q

WTF - who goes to Northern Cali when they can go to socal!?

nik

SupermanCK

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2000
what if both man?
i was up in north cal for 7 years...
and now i am in south cal for 5 years...

pookguy88

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2001
from a Canadian perspective, i'd have to say So Cal, albeit I've been staying there more than Nor Cal.
So Cal is just so diverse and people from all walks of life, it seems, are very nice. Traffic sucks yeah, but hey, its so cal, if nor cal were better, there would be more people there. I find it funny how in LA every car u see on the freeway is one person per car. No one car pools, lol. In Canada, almost everyone has at least like 2 people in the car. Everytime we go somewhere in LA everyone drives they're own car, but in Canada someone hauls everyone.

Pixelated

May 15, 2002

we talking about Pixelated here? hehe anyways yea... I don't understand how you can stand Sactown though... I visit friends in Davis and that's kinda... interesting to say the least ;) I remember going up to Sactown in the 4th grade though on a school trip, and going gold panning on some river somewhere near the old downtown area or whatever it's called. That was fun :) The view of the capitol building thingy at night is pretty tight though.

but with me, it was never a Lakers/Kings arguement. It was a LA vs Sacto debate. If you ever ask me about the Kings, I'll tell you that they're a great team. Since I'm pretty sure Stojaka will respond to this, Stojaka, I gave you plenty of reasons why LA is better than Sacto and it's not just a better nightlife vs nature as you keep going back to. If you're going to ask again, then I'll refresh you're memory... better nightlife, beaches, beaches with beautiful women, culture, we have nature too, not as damn hot as Sacto, people that are far more liberal and open-minded... shall I go on...

that being said, there are definitely great things about both the LA area and the Bay Area. I think SoCal has a slight edge having LA, San Diego, and Santa Barbara. Sorry NorCal, but I still love The City.

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Pixelated

that being said, there are definitely great things about both the LA area and the Bay Area. I think SoCal has a slight edge having LA, San Diego, and Santa Barbara. Sorry NorCal, but I still love The City.

hrmm... weird... cuz them NorCal folk call San Francisco "The City" hehe