Poll: How soon after Ukraine is invaded do righties start siding with Putin?

How soon after Putin invades Ukraine do Righties start siding with Putin?

• 8-30 days

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
From everything we've seen some kind of invasion is all but inevitable. I hope I'm wrong about the Russians but let's predict the right wing response.

Whoever finds it please post so we will have the results.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
It'll take a few days to get the talking points sorted out, but I'm saying 4-7 days.

At this point anything that is bad for Joe Biden is good for the Pubs, even if its bad for the American people or global stability.

That being said, outside of sanctions and dumping assloads of miltech into Ukraine, no one expects a full fledged military response from the west for what is effectively a "throwaway" country. Ain't no one getting into a nuke exchange over Ukraine is what I'm saying.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
From what I have seen... they're already saying Ukraine is none of our business and let Putin have it.
I am sure that'll flip to !##$ Biden for letting Putin take it... in another month or two.

Reactions: HurleyBird

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I voted Never.

I don't think it is Our responsibility to defend or even Lead the defense of the Ukraine against Putin. We should support Europe in the defense of the Ukraine and Europe. It is in their back yard.

But of course some will take it that this is in support of Putin ( which it isn't ).

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
I voted Never.

I don't think it is Our responsibility to defend or even Lead the defense of the Ukraine against Putin. We should support Europe in the defense of the Ukraine and Europe. It is in their back yard.

But of course some will take it that this is in support of Putin ( which it isn't ).

And then if China makes a move on Taiwan you'll be here to remind us it was "Biden's weakness on Ukraine" that led to it. Too predictable.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And then if China makes a move on Taiwan you'll be here to remind us it was "Biden's weakness on Ukraine" that led to it. Too predictable.

No. I have never made any comments remotely like that about China, Taiwan and Biden.

You are the one that is " Too predictable."

But feel free to bookmark my comment so you can chastise me if I do. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: gothuevos

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I voted Never.

The question is will righties take the side of Putin. According to this explanation you didn't answer the question. As of now we aren't leading the defense of Ukraine, we are providing support and threatening sanctions with our allies.

Reactions: Lezunto

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
The question is will righties take the side of Putin. According to this explanation you didn't answer the question. As of now we aren't leading the defense of Ukraine, we are providing support and threatening sanctions with our allies.

Well. I'm a rightie. The answer is no. I would never back Putin. I don't think the GOP will support Putin either. I do believe many think just as I do in my explanation above and quoted again here.

"I don't think it is Our responsibility to defend or even Lead the defense of the Ukraine against Putin. We should support Europe in the defense of the Ukraine and Europe. It is in their back yard. "

What we are currently doing ( as you described ) is fine in my opinion.

Reactions: Lezunto

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And so it begins:

The New York Times, which first reported the news of planned troop movements, said senior Pentagon officials laid out a number of options for President Biden on Saturday.

Among them, sending 1,000 to 5,000 troops to Eastern European countries and the Baltics, "with the potential to increase that number tenfold if things deteriorate," according to the Times.

There are already more than 150 U.S. military advisers in Ukraine, the Times reported, though they are far from any potential front lines and would likely leave the country quickly after a Russian invasion.

I only hope they are not needed or used.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I voted Never.

I am sure I am quoting someone, but I don't know who said it because I often hear it in movies.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm thinking because Biden and the Dems are at bat at the moment and the Repubs are gunning to take down the Dems any way they can, from past experience when Trump was at the helm the Repubs were silent about his close association with Putin as they saw him as an ally of Trump and the GOP where this hell spawned trinity were fighting against the Dems efforts to win back the presidency and Congress. That unholy alliance is still in play.

I'm guessing the Repubs will need to get a fix on how the invasion plays out in it's first couple of days and if it looks like there is an opening for them to attack Biden without having things blowing up in their faces like it so often does, then the Repubs will go all in on attacking Biden's handling of the incursion necessitating the Repub's having to play nice with Putin as they both face a common enemy in Biden.

And yes, given the Repubs behavior these past five years it really does look plausible that they'd do just that. Fuck the United States of America, it's the Republican States of America they only care about.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I am sure I am quoting someone, but I don't know who said it because I often hear it in movies.

Allow me to again state:

"We should support Europe in the defense of the Ukraine and Europe."

Reactions: Leeea

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Allow me to again state:

"We should support Europe in the defense of the Ukraine and Europe."

And, again, by stating that....you've not said a damned thing in relation to this thread. But, of course, why should this time be any different?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And, again, by stating that....you've not said a damned thing in relation to this thread. But, of course, why should this time be any different?

I see you don't read very well. But why should this time be any different?

See my first post # 5 quoted below.

I voted Never.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

It's the geek and I think we've seen enough to determine that he will do nothing and that he isn't a good man.

Reactions: nakedfrog

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
From everything we've seen some kind of invasion is all but inevitable. I hope I'm wrong about the Russians but let's predict the right wing response.

Whoever finds it please post so we will have the results.
When Russia invades Ukraine (Which the GOP is REALLY hoping for), the feeds will all be flooded with "Russia's invasion is because Biden's failed policies and because he is weak "
Every single editorial.
You get jackasses like Cruz and Rubio with the list of imaginary "Woulda, coulda, shoulda's" and the shallow end of the gene pool folks who claim we should have sent troops to face down Russians or even fight on the Ukrainians behalf and all sorts of shit.

People are itching to put veterans in their campaign ads.
"Lets thank our warfighters for participating in other people civil wars and territorial conflict because America."

Then in 2 years when they get thirsty for some pipeline $$$$ they'll discretely lift sanctions.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
For those voting no I feel obligated to remind you how many Republicans praised Putin's greatness during Trump's term and now you think that won't repeat?

Reactions: Leeea

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Why is it that the US has to supply those "good men"? Does Europe have none?

Reactions: pcgeek11