Poll: How long after Jan will Trump complete the wall?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How long after Jan will Trump complete the wall?

• never

Votes: 87 79.1%
  • 3 months

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 6 months

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 9months

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 1 year

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 12 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Just like the Bible Thumpers and creationists, he'll pivot towards convincing everyone that it was only ever a "metaphorical wall." Which was pretty much always true, I think..
Not all of us creationists are whack jobs brother. I know this place is billions of years old and dinosaurs did not live in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve in some utopian zoo as some religious zealots would have you believe. Now I know that you will not agree with me and that's fine but I do believe that the earth was created in 6 literal 24hr days but on the 2nd day temporal compression took place allowing billions of years of aging to occur allowing all objects in this creation to age accordingly. One cannot deny that it takes billions of years for light to travel the distance between our location and the farthest known galaxies which are well over 13 billion light years away.

I laugh at the zealots who say the grand canyon was formed by the flood. I see flooding all the time as do most of us and except for some localized erosion nobody sees giant canyons or other extraordinary examples of erosion taking place that dig down for such great depths. When it comes to religion and government we are to pray for our leaders not force our beliefs upon the masses as the republican party seems to believe is appropriate. They will gun you down on the street, want to kill you in the prisons but balk at an unborn child no matter what the circumstances might be. Hypocrisy indeed.

Last edited:

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000
I hope he doesn't get it built too fast.

I want time for all those who said they were leaving if Trump got elected to GTFO.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Now I know that you will not agree with me and that's fine but I do believe that the earth was created in 6 literal 24hr days but on the 2nd day temporal compression took place allowing billions of years of aging to occur allowing all objects in this creation to age accordingly.

:eek: :rolleyes: o_O

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
There's a little problem called money. Since the wall won't be funded it won't happen. The "nice" thing is that representatives in Congress don't like him and he's going to be marginalized. If Bush Jr. won't support a Republican candidate that's a pretty clear indicator that he's not loved.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

I saw something like that I think on DC Legends of Tomorrow, where the ripped off version of the Time Lords lived in some stateless existence, while a former Doctor's companion played a lame Time Lord.

That being the case I suppose anything is possible :D

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
There's a little problem called money. Since the wall won't be funded it won't happen. The "nice" thing is that representatives in Congress don't like him and he's going to be marginalized. If Bush Jr. won't support a Republican candidate that's a pretty clear indicator that he's not loved.

People thought Trump blaming W for 9/11 was going to cost him South Carolina during that primary debate, instead he enjoyed his greatest victory up to that point. Angry Tea Partiers and other anti-establishment people won't put up with any gosh darned RINOs keeping the God Emperor from performing his duties. The nice thing is that it might be close enough between Dems and Repubs too that he could exercise some veto power too. The downside is that it will probably lead to concessions where they play a game of "You fund mine and I'll fund yours" and we'll get Dubya on steroids.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
People thought Trump blaming W for 9/11 was going to cost him South Carolina during that primary debate, instead he enjoyed his greatest victory up to that point. Angry Tea Partiers and other anti-establishment people won't put up with any gosh darned RINOs keeping the God Emperor from performing his duties. The nice thing is that it might be close enough between Dems and Repubs too that he could exercise some veto power too. The downside is that it will probably lead to concessions where they play a game of "You fund mine and I'll fund yours" and we'll get Dubya on steroids.

I think it more likely that Democrats and Republicans will (over time) figure out that what they both have been doing hasn't worked well. One thing I've learned to be consistently true, and that is adversity provides opportunity where there is the strength and the will for change. Certainly the former exists aplenty, but the latter? We will see.

I think you may mischaracterize Trump though. He is not a Conservative nor a Republican. In the past he has been left center overall, but of course consistency is not his strong suit. That means Congress will seek to contain him, and that provides them an opportunity to be less of partisan hacks. Will they actually lead? Who knows? But there is opportunity where there was status quo before.

Either one looks for that chance or one might as well eat a bullet. I'm not inclined to do the latter.