Poll: How long after Jan will Trump complete the wall?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How long after Jan will Trump complete the wall?

• never

Votes: 87 79.1%
  • 3 months

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 6 months

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 9months

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 1 year

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 12 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It will be easy to get Mexico to build and pay for the wall. Just threaten to legalize drugs if they don't and let the drug lords take care of the rest.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
A wall... yeah right.
You'll need to take away their plane ticket, crack down on employers that hire illegals, tell your republican representative he or she will have to clean their own home, and second home, and the vacation home before we stop illegals from entering.
No illegal dashes across a border these day.
The fly in, motor in, take a bus, sitting comfortably munching on their peanuts and asking the stewardess for a blanket and how to operate the video system.

Those that would dash across the border stick out like a sore thumb, bring nothing with them, have no one to meet them on the other side, crossing only with the shirt on their back and picked up by the border patrol then shipped back within hours.

Go to Walmart after a Friday payday.
Wonder over to the money center.
Notice all the hispanics standing in line wiring money to Mexico.
That money pays for their friends and family members to enter the US.
Buy the ticket. Pay the smuggler. Purchase the falsified papers and documents.
And maybe buy a magazine for the flight to America's town of their choice.
And when they get off the plane, more than enough employment opportunities waiting.
If they can't find a job in construction, food service, home remodeling, they can always work cleaning Mitt Romney's pool and picking up the grand kids from school.

Wall?
Go build your stinking wall.
And what time will the kids need that ride?

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
A wall can be tunneled under for a fraction of the cost of the wall itself (just look at elchapo getting out of jail) and most of the people who are illegal here got here not by walking across but arriving on a plane with a valid visa like student or h1b or tourist and overstaying.

The border is as secure as can be. If you want more security.. stop giving out visas but of course no one will ever listen to logic.
Elchapo has millions of dollars at his disposal. To tunnel against constant surveillance from drones isn't as simple as you think because illegals are the exact opposite of Elchapo - zero resources. If anyone does it, it would most likely be Cartel for drug mules who could tunnel out from a mile away. The bottom line is that a wall would be a huge impediment to them and even cutting the flow down to 1/3 the current rate is a huge victory for the U.S.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
A wall... yeah right.
You'll need to take away their plane ticket, crack down on employers that hire illegals, tell your republican representative he or she will have to clean their own home, and second home, and the vacation home before we stop illegals from entering.
No illegal dashes across a border these day.
The fly in, motor in, take a bus, sitting comfortably munching on their peanuts and asking the stewardess for a blanket and how to operate the video system.

Those that would dash across the border stick out like a sore thumb, bring nothing with them, have no one to meet them on the other side, crossing only with the shirt on their back and picked up by the border patrol then shipped back within hours.

Go to Walmart after a Friday payday.
Wonder over to the money center.
Notice all the hispanics standing in line wiring money to Mexico.
That money pays for their friends and family members to enter the US.
Buy the ticket. Pay the smuggler. Purchase the falsified papers and documents.
And maybe buy a magazine for the flight to America's town of their choice.
And when they get off the plane, more than enough employment opportunities waiting.
If they can't find a job in construction, food service, home remodeling, they can always work cleaning Mitt Romney's pool and picking up the grand kids from school.

Wall?
Go build your stinking wall.
And what time will the kids need that ride?
1) Falsified papers aren't going to work anymore in certain states like NC which are utilizing E-Verify.
2) Regular new immigrants are just as willing to do the same jobs as illegals.
3) Yes, notice all the Hispanics just sitting around doing nothing at Lowe's/HD. That means there is no work for them and they are a drain on society. I see them at those places as well as 7-11's just sitting there waiting. The supply outstrips the demand.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think the real question would be 'how long until Trump CLAIMS he has completed the wall'?

He would probably build a few things here or there and come up with some other bullshit and then claim victory.

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
If he wins the republican primary I'm betting we'll never hear another word about a wall. That's the kind of hollow noise designed to appeal to angry right wing primary voters.

He'll abandon that position completely ahead of the general election, and shrug and laugh it off if anyone ever brings it up. As a political process observer I'm very curious to see how his campaign pivots to position him as even remotely viable in the general. That has to be one of the biggest challenges for a campaign manager in recent history.

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Got my Trump postcard in the mail late last week as we vote this week here in FLA. "build a wall and have Mexico pay for it" is 3rd on his list. I see he is still fucking that chicken. 1st on the list is "annihilate ISIS and take their oil" lol...

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Got my Trump postcard in the mail late last week as we vote this week here in FLA. "build a wall and have Mexico pay for it" is 3rd on his list. I see he is still fucking that chicken. 1st on the list is "annihilate ISIS and take their oil" lol...
Obviously he's exaggerating to appeal to the base. One thing that people don't realize is that ISIS = one of the reasons oil prices have been low. They smuggle it to Turkey who is buying it for peanuts and then they resell it and undercut OPEC on the international market. https://www.rt.com/news/326567-is-export-oil-turkey/
If you want to stop ISIS and cut off their wealth, find out who's buying it from Turkey or get Turkey to pledge they won't buy it from ISIS (will never happen). ISIS is indirectly financially helping this country and was a reason that the admin was dragging their feet on hitting their distribution networks until the San Bernardino shooting. Low oil = lower gas = happier citizens in an election year.
Russians are pissed and claiming Turkey is supplying ISIS which is of course true:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-russia-syria-azaz-idUSKCN0VP1T8
https://www.rt.com/news/334483-turkey-nusra-ypg-exclusive/

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
America fails to realize the issue or deal with it. From politicians to public (it's pretty evident here).

We can build a mile high wall, put 1 million officers to watch it....it won't matter......as long as there is a demand for DRUGS.

Get rid of demand and watch the borders secure themselves.

NO POLITICIAN wants to get rid of the demand. Why? Because security firms and now even jails are a HUGE business with a lot at stake. Remember, they are getting YOUR tax money. Without demand = no money for them.

And let's face it, money talks.....especially in a country where corruption is legal (aka lobbying).

Fact that Americans are still paying attention to politics or even listening to these people.....after time and time again they have been lied to........is quite disturbing.

People are clearly dis attached from reality.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Obviously he's exaggerating to appeal to the base. One thing that people don't realize is that ISIS = one of the reasons oil prices have been low. They smuggle it to Turkey who is buying it for peanuts and then they resell it and undercut OPEC on the international market. https://www.rt.com/news/326567-is-export-oil-turkey/
If you want to stop ISIS and cut off their wealth, find out who's buying it from Turkey or get Turkey to pledge they won't buy it from ISIS (will never happen). ISIS is indirectly financially helping this country and was a reason that the admin was dragging their feet on hitting their distribution networks until the San Bernardino shooting. Low oil = lower gas = happier citizens in an election year.
Russians are pissed and claiming Turkey is supplying ISIS which is of course true:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-russia-syria-azaz-idUSKCN0VP1T8
Isis doesn´t produce enough oil to drastically impact international prices. Demand in China is down, Iran is coming back into the market, shale oil, etc. There are many factors driving over supply in the oil market driving down prices.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Walk right in, it's around the back, just a half a mile from the railroad track, and you can get anything you want at Russia Today!

ISIS selling oil <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Saudis dumping oil on the market.

You could argue that the Saudis are dumping oil to choke off ISIS' ability to self support and thereby maintain ISIS as a Saudi puppet but the Saudis seem to have set their sights on killing U.S. production above other factors. Our friends to the end.

Last edited:

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
Our friends to the end.

When there is no morals and relationships are based on money........they tide will turn in time.

We can safely say it's turning.

These people don't even know how to treat women......fact that we do ANY business with them is simply moronic.

I say nuke them >take the country/oil over. Fug it

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
When there is no morals and relationships are based on money........they tide will turn in time.

We can safely say it's turning.

These people don't even know how to treat women......fact that we do ANY business with them is simply moronic.

I say nuke them >take the country/oil over. Fug it

“Aren’t the Saudis your friends?,” Turnbull asked.

Obama smiled. “It’s complicated,” he said.

It's a small start.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I've already donated $3,000 to help Mexico build the wall, so I hope it's very soon.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The sure way to know is to vote for him and find out.

Many of the Drumpftards around here have been clinging to the "Well, with Drumpf we really don't know what he's going to do--but with Hillary we know it will be awful! So, I elect to vote for the option that could be bad or good!"

You would think this makes such people seem smart, but it doesn't. These are the same people, without exception, that spend a significant amount of brain and typing time bashing Obama and Congress over the ACA because of this kind of statement: "We have to pass it first to see what's in it!"

Drumpftards. The only thing predictable about them is the total lack of self-awareness.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Why not "How long after Jan will Trump get us into WW3"?

I'm not saying it's a given, but maybe he'll have a knee jerk reaction to some trouble spot in the world which escalates to a war between the two superpowers. I've repeated that before but it's not like I'm being really annoying with it.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
I've already donated $3,000 to help Mexico build the wall, so I hope it's very soon.

Wall will not solve the issue of supply and demand.

You simply supported some rich prick that's in bed with politicians to get business to build "imaginary wall that will solve nothing".

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Wall will not solve the issue of supply and demand.

You simply supported some rich prick that's in bed with politicians to get business to build "imaginary wall that will solve nothing".

^^ That rhymes with Boeing!