POLL : do you know of 2 or more people using an illegal version of windows xp or xp pro? Including yourself.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 19, 2003
Originally posted by: FuZioN
the only people that i know with legal versions of xp are the ones that got it with their Dells

Also, I have a legal version myself because I got it for $5 through my university :p

bcterps

Platinum Member
Aug 31, 2000
I have a legit copy, but I use the corporate version, can't be bothered with activation.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Originally posted by: hypersonic5
Originally posted by: Sid59
Originally posted by: mto81
Originally posted by: Viperoni
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Originally posted by: Murphyrulez
Originally posted by: hjo3
Ew, no, my friends are retarded enough to use Win 2000 Pro.
Fixed that for ya.
There is nothing essentially wrong with windows 2000 Professional
(servers are another matter altogether)

It's what it LACKS that people should have quams with.
For the win2k haters:
rolleye.gif
For the WinXP haters:
rolleye.gif
For the winME haters:
rolleye.gif
For the Win98SE haters:
rolleye.gif
For the DOS 6.0 haters:
rolleye.gif
For the QNX 6.2 and IRIX 6.5 haters:
rolleye.gif

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
The corporate version isn't illegal.

It is if you download it from Kazaa and use a corporate license key that you found on the internet.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
I bought my brand new winXP professional edition from Best Buy.

I was driving my Enzo ferrari to pick it up when these supermodels wanted to get a ride. I told them I didnt have enough room. They said its ok and got naked and squeezed in.

AFB

Lifer
Jan 10, 2004
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
I bought my brand new winXP professional edition from Best Buy.

I was driving my Enzo ferrari to pick it up when these supermodels wanted to get a ride. I told them I didnt have enough room. They said its ok and got naked and squeezed in.

I call major BS.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
But of course. I wouldn't be surprised if I've miscounted here at work a few and short a few licenses.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: zbalat
I have purchased each and every copy for all 4 of my systems (2 XP PRO 2 XP HOME). I do, however, know several people (10+) that have an PRO version that does not require activation, can be installed an unlimited amount of times and can be updated without any problems whatsoever.

They are cool with it I'm not.

Good for you. I have a Pro version that does not require activation, etc, can be installed buttloads of times, blah blah blah.

And it's legit.

Are you "Cool with that"?
rolleye.gif

- M4H

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: zbalat
I have purchased each and every copy for all 4 of my systems (2 XP PRO 2 XP HOME). I do, however, know several people (10+) that have an PRO version that does not require activation, can be installed an unlimited amount of times and can be updated without any problems whatsoever.

They are cool with it I'm not.

Good for you. I have a Pro version that does not require activation, etc, can be installed buttloads of times, blah blah blah.

And it's legit.

Are you "Cool with that"?
rolleye.gif

- M4H

His wife and I just had dinner and I found a burned copy of XP in her panties. I hope he's cool with that
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Legal XP Pro but I'm afraid to add Service pack 1 cause of possible conflict issues.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
I own copies for every one of my rigs, but use the "Corporate" version anyway, I can't be arsed to have to call Microsoft an average of once every two to three days (Ironically, the only rigs I actually reformat on a regular basis are isolated from the Internet). So how many people do I count as? Somthing like 9 rigs at the moment.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Nope. I'm on my second legal copy of WinXP.....

Lousy MS charging for dually support. :p