Poll: Do you fill your car when you get gas?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zanix

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: anno
Originally posted by: amish
i have to fill it up everytime due to an unfortunate problem. i drive a 97 monte carlo with a bad gas guage. if i don't fill up everytime, trip the counter, and drive till i hit 240 miles, i run out of gas. :(

we have to do that with one of our cars too. but we fill them all, usually.. getting gas is funless.. why do it more often than you have to?

Why does that happen? What is that gas gauge doing?

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Fill it up it's only a 15 gallon tank ;)

Eat your heart out Hummer owners :D

Ausm

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Why only put a few dollars in?

You know you're going to use it.

Unless you like stopping for gas. Maybe, it's the fumes.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Bootprint
It depends, lately the price has been on a rollercoster.

Some times, I'll get home at night and the price is X, by morning it's X+9(cents a Litre) until later in the evening.

Last friday night before Midnight it was 72.9 cents a Litre, after midnight it was 79.9.
72.9? That's pretty cheap.

Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: SampSon
I fill it up. my car gets good gas milage (~20/mpg) and I only commute 4 miles/day to work, so I only spend about $30-$40/month on gas.

I've gotten in the habit of convincing my friends to drive whenever we're going on long trips :p
And you don't offer to throw them money for gas?
What a worthless cheapskate asshole.

:cookie:

for the 10 years that I've had my friends, it's just how we've always done things. nothing to do with being cheap.
So you're a whole group of wanks?

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Eli
Wow, I'm surprised so many people go for the straight fillup.

My dad has always just put 10$ into the tank, I guess it carried over.

Why? It makes no sense to do this. You just end up going to the gas station more often. :Q

ski2slow

Jan 26, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Eli
Wow, I'm surprised so many people go for the straight fillup.

My dad has always just put 10$ into the tank, I guess it carried over.

Why? It makes no sense to do this. You just end up going to the gas station more often. :Q

:thumbsup:

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Howard

Some times, I'll get home at night and the price is X, by morning it's X+9(cents a Litre) until later in the evening.

Last friday night before Midnight it was 72.9 cents a Litre, after midnight it was 79.9.

Yea, and it pissed me off. Just as I go to pump the station attendant reset the price up to 79.9. I guess even 80 is cheap considering that I've seen it at 93.9/L in Wawa, north of Sault Ste Marie this fall.

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
ALWAYS FILL Infact, I dont think I have ever "not filled" the tank when at a gas station.

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Howard

Except that's $CAD/liter, so it's roughly $2.34USD/gal

(I think :))

PCMarine

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
I don't have a credit card, and I rarely have loads of extra cash to fill up my tank at once, so it's usually $10 at a time.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
i use a credit card, so i fill up, (that way i don't have to keep going to the gas station)

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Most of the time, unless gas prices just skyrocketed and i'm all out, then I put in $10.

Barnaby W. Füi

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2001
In my old buick, I used to usually not fill it up, just because paying ~$25 was painful (logically stupid, but hey).

The ranger I have now has a tiny tank which is full on usually $10 or maybe $15 at the very most.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: oogabooga
i use a credit card, so i fill up, (that way i don't have to keep going to the gas station)

Yep and my CitiBank Dividend Platinum Select VISA pays me 5% for gas purchases :thumbsup:

Apex

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
www.gotapex.com
Always fill up, unless I'm going to the track, in which case, I try to get there with about 1/2 a tank or so. If I ever get a foam filled talk, will probably go down to 1/4 of a tank.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I fill it up. my car gets good gas milage (~20/mpg) and I only commute 4 miles/day to work, so I only spend about $30-$40/month on gas.

I've gotten in the habit of convincing my friends to drive whenever we're going on long trips :p
And you don't offer to throw them money for gas?
What a worthless cheapskate asshole.

:cookie:

for the 10 years that I've had my friends, it's just how we've always done things. nothing to do with being cheap.
So you're a whole group of wanks?

no, we're just not poor ;)