Poll: 78% of GOP Fox News Viewers Say Trump Is Best President Ever

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Remember the woman at Justin Amash's town hall. Justin detailed to his constituents the crimes committed by Trump in the Mueller Report. She was flabbergasted. She thought the report completely exhorted Trump. She also admitted she listens only to conservative news.

That right wing echo chamber is doing an effective job. His people are totally brainwashed. This is also why loyal Fox News viewers are the most politically misinformed.

Admittedly frightening and sad.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/poll-78-of-gop-fox-news-viewers-say-trump-is-best-president-ever

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Propaganda works, yet those same people would deny/doubt Russia using Facebook ads/memes that reached over 100 million people could change the minds of roughly 80,000 of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm surprised as that seems lower than what I thought it would be.

Keep in mind that the figure doesn't show the degree to which they think he's one of the best presidents. I wouldn't be surprised if a large chunk of that remaining 22 percent thought "he's the greatest president in recent decades."

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I'm glad I choose to brainwash myself with science fiction (Star Trek), and real football (Manchester City Football Club) rather than this stupid political propaganda.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Trump is the modern day Washington.

If you're into huffing spray paint and chase it with crack anyway. In the event that's not sarcasm...

Nope, he's still a chickenhawk. Washington left a code of conduct and organization for the military, Trump is leaving a manual on what not to do. Washington had a sense of humility, Trump is a raging hollow narcissistic who considers himself an omniscient king.

The only similarities are some sexist and racist views, and the myths of their respective primary proficiencies. General Washington was a lackluster tactician, even nepotistic Brits said Nope. Trump is a horrible businessman, even a desperate Deutche Bank learned not to loan money to the guy who made losing it an art form.

Reactions: edblor

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Fox and similar sources work through identity politics but somewhat covertly. Trump of course is the penultimate identity politician. It's created a bizarre synergy, but anyone who's hitched the wagon is hitched for good. There are plenty of occasional viewers or historical Republicans who are salvageable still, but a unified party supporting Trump keeps his base galvanized. Really, at this point, Trump has no power. It's his party who is propping him up and trying to punish any deviance from that. They know any legit division in their ranks will make the whole house of cards fall down. If Trump were the only casualty, he certainly wouldn't be President right now. They aren't doing it for him.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Fox and similar sources work through identity politics but somewhat covertly. Trump of course is the penultimate identity politician. It's created a bizarre synergy, but anyone who's hitched the wagon is hitched for good. There are plenty of occasional viewers or historical Republicans who are salvageable still, but a unified party supporting Trump keeps his base galvanized. Really, at this point, Trump has no power. It's his party who is propping him up and trying to punish any deviance from that. They know any legit division in their ranks will make the whole house of cards fall down. If Trump were the only casualty, he certainly wouldn't be President right now. They aren't doing it for him.

The good news is that trump's party is shrinking, so while he may be propped up and enjoying a high approval rate among his party its only because more and more Republicans are leaving the party altogether.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Its a poll conducted online (not the same as an "online poll") but I wonder if some part of this is just old fashioned trolling.

Otherwise the conclusions of the poll are... I dunno... I thought I kinda got that conservative voters made their "deal with the devil" but if a significant majority really believe this then I just dunno.

There is definitely some truth in the shrinking party thing. Anyone I know that will openly admit they're pub or pro Trump is rabidly, zealously pro pub or Trump, not many moderates left there.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
If you're into huffing spray paint and chase it with crack anyway. In the event that's not sarcasm...

Nope, he's still a chickenhawk. Washington left a code of conduct and organization for the military, Trump is leaving a manual on what not to do. Washington had a sense of humility, Trump is a raging hollow narcissistic who considers himself an omniscient king.

The only similarities are some sexist and racist views, and the myths of their respective primary proficiencies. General Washington was a lackluster tactician, even nepotistic Brits said Nope. Trump is a horrible businessman, even a desperate Deutche Bank learned not to loan money to the guy who made losing it an art form.

The General knew his faults which is why he surrounded himself with some of the best strategists in the Colonies, Hamilton was his righthand man throughout much of the Revolutionary War.

I have to wonder what these people that think Trump is the Greatest President think about what FDR accomplished for the country during the Great Depression.

Thousands of them wouldn't be farming the Great Plains if it hadn't been for FDR.
Millions of them would be without electricity still if it hadn't been for FDR and his demand for every home in America being able to receive electricity.
Millions more of them would have to deal with flooding much more often than they do thanks to the dam and levee systems built under FDR.
The TVA wouldn't have been done, leaving the entire Tennessee river valley the backwater it was prior to the TVA with no electricity.
The Hoover Dam wouldn't have been built, the modern western United States wouldn't exist in its current state without it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The General knew his faults which is why he surrounded himself with some of the best strategists in the Colonies, Hamilton was his righthand man throughout much of the Revolutionary War.

I have to wonder what these people that think Trump is the Greatest President think about what FDR accomplished for the country during the Great Depression.

Thousands of them wouldn't be farming the Great Plains if it hadn't been for FDR.
Millions of them would be without electricity still if it hadn't been for FDR and his demand for every home in America being able to receive electricity.
Millions more of them would have to deal with flooding much more often than they do thanks to the dam and levee systems built under FDR.
The TVA wouldn't have been done, leaving the entire Tennessee river valley the backwater it was prior to the TVA with no electricity.
The Hoover Dam wouldn't have been built, the modern western United States wouldn't exist in its current state without it.

Fuck that shit. Lower taxes. Smaller gubmint. The Jerb Creators will provide. It will all trickle down. Muh freedom. Hail Trump, chosen by God to lead us. He is our voice. He alone can fix it. Build the Wall. Lock her up. Drain the swamp. Fuck you, Libtards.

Reactions: Meghan54

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Fuck that shit. Lower taxes. Smaller gubmint. The Jerb Creators will provide. It will all trickle down. Muh freedom. Hail Trump, chosen by God to lead us. He is our voice. He alone can fix it. Build the Wall. Lock her up. Drain the swamp. Fuck you, Libtards.

It is because of those people that you are parodying that I take great joy in their despair when the infrastructure around them comes crumbling down.