Police Stop Man For Carrying Gun Out In Open

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Originally posted by: Wheezer
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: LumbergTech
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: Atheus
I don't see why some random should have the power to just kill me on the street with no fight.
Actually, what you wrote right there is the very reason I choose to carry a gun.

Ironic, eh?

I think its fair enough for people to carry them but I don't feel comfortable with them marching around with it..what if they drop the fucking thing or something...they aren't meant to be paraded around for no reason.
"Drop the fucking thing or something"??! :confused:

That's what holsters are for...

Not everyone is as ignorant as Plaxico Burress, ya know...
Originally posted by: between
what a poor, poor man. I can only imagine the mental illness - psychological inadequacy and deep paranoia - that must compel this individual to wander around with a gun at his hip.
There are plenty of legitimate and perfectly sane reasons to carry a weapon.

agreed, but why act all surprised and taken aback when someone reports him to the cops and they show up asking him questions. This guy is just another jackass who is doing this for attention and trying to prove some kind of fucked up point and claim his 15 minutes of fame.

Does he have a right to carry a weapon in plain sight?...sure he does, but if he really is a concerned citizen he would call the police and at least let them know what he is doing, that according to the law he is exercising his right so that they would not waste their time chit chatting with this knuckle head. Even then , they have to investigate the situation just to verify.

He's just some goober who likes the feeling of being a media whore.

You think that maybe he is not looking for fame but it looking for Wisconsin to address their obvious problems with their laws? Open Carry is legal, concealed is NOT. So the only way he can press the issue that Wisconsin should have concealed carry is to strictly adhere to the law as it exists now to show that WI having a concealed carry option is probably a GOOD thing. If I recall correctly, concealed carry has once or twice been passed by the legislature in WI only to have it vetoed by the Gov.. But I am in FL where we have sane gun laws..

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
So if I am carrying a bow and arrow down the street , people can have the cops stop me too ? What about a slingshot or a spear ?
If it is legal there ,it is harassment if the cops stop everyone for having a weapon.
What you have here is a case where the media has the public believing EVERYONE carrying a gun is a terrorist or mass murderer.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
Originally posted by: brandonbull
Do you actually have a point to any of your posts or do you only feel the need to play devil's advocate?

Does anybody on this forum have a point to their posts? Most of your I guys where ever you all work should be blocking port 80 :) More worky less typy

Tunnel your browser through another port pointed to your proxy @ home = problems solved! :laugh:

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: between
what a poor, poor man. I can only imagine the mental illness - psychological inadequacy and deep paranoia - that must compel this individual to wander around with a gun at his hip.

:thumbsup::laugh: Cops should have put him out of his misery.

Yea, no wonder he's paranoid -- people are out to harm him!!!

bobcpg

Nov 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Originally posted by: OCguy

Exactly. It's not a rights issue, it's a:

"Hello, 9-1-1 Emergency."

"Uh, yeah, there's this guy walking around outside and he's carrying a gun."

"...we'll send someone over."

Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about. Go to Arizona or Northern California (outside the bay area, obviously) and you will see people carrying.

Leave your little Southern California liberal puss-bubble every now and then and you will see the rest of the country does not get scared of guns the way you do.

People open-cary and concealed carry all over the country. If cops tackled every one of them because of a phone-call they would go bankrupt from litigation.

Puss-bubble - that's clever. You live 45 minutes away from here in arguably an even bigger puss bubble in the City of Orange. If you want to start slinging poorly conceived, un-creative, hastily developed insults around, you're doing it in the wrong place. What exactly constitutes a puss-bubble?

Side note: How much do you absolutely hate you job/life that you come on here to be an enormous dick all the time? Is it a lot? Are you very lonely?

Side note x2: Will you leave the state soon? I hope so.

Back on topic: You're right, the police should have showed up and compared dick sizes with the guy. Because let's face it, that's what this is all about, anyhow.

WOW, someone is a little peeved!

bobcpg

Nov 14, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: OCguy

Puss-bubble - that's clever. You live 45 minutes away from here in arguably an even bigger puss bubble in the City of Orange. If you want to start slinging poorly conceived, un-creative, hastily developed insults around, you're doing it in the wrong place. What exactly constitutes a puss-bubble?

Side note: How much do you absolutely hate you job/life that you come on here to be an enormous dick all the time? Is it a lot? Are you very lonely?

Side note x2: Will you leave the state soon? I hope so.

Back on topic: You're right, the police should have showed up and compared dick sizes with the guy. Because let's face it, that's what this is all about, anyhow.

Setting aside your personal insults, ill address the bolded part.

What this is really about is that you think guns are "icky", and do not believe in the Bill of Rights.

Any gun story that comes up, you will be anti-gun. So really, your opinion on this matter is irrelevant, because no matter what, you are going to side with the gun-grabbers. You have made it clear that you do not see a need for private citizens to be armed, so you are the outlier here.

What other constitutional rights are you against?

Actually, his opinion is as relevant as yours. As is mine.

Seriously, do some traveling around the globe and you'll find that most countries aren't as full of fear and paranoia as the United Armed States of America.

I disagree, I think the US is a lot less full of fear and paranoia than other countries. In other countries people just accept the fact their rights are being constrained.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I just feel lucky some over-reacting hysteric did not call the cops when I walked down the road with a Chainsaw to cut up the fallen tree blocking it.

Oh, oh ,oh CHAINSAW!!

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM
I just feel lucky some over-reacting hysteric did not call the cops when I walked down the road with a Chainsaw to cut up the fallen tree blocking it.

Oh, oh ,oh CHAINSAW!!

Well, you probably left your hockey mask at home...which was a wise choice.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
It's the sacrifice of a free society, to achieve individual safety.
That is damn quotable. Too bad the opposite is so prevalent today.

-John