police-involved shooting in Kenosha, WI...unrest ensues

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Video (warning: not graphic, but still disturbing)

People started gathering almost immediately on the scene. Video is painful to watch...idk how they'll justify this one unless there was a weapon on the seat or something. The guy's kids were in the van, too...

Last edited:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Video (warning: not graphic, but still disturbing)

People started gathering almost immediately on the scene. Video is painful to watch...idk how they'll justify this one unless there was a weapon on the seat or something. The guy's kids were in the van, too...
Again, gotta wonder, how were those two police officers so incapable of performing a normal arrest of that individual that they were forced to just *shoot* him? Or should we just go on ahead at this point and assume that at least one of those police officers felt like killing a black man today?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
WHAT THE FUCK??

All that needs to be said.... no matter what was said, no matter what you are in range to hold his shirt, and his back was to you, not OK.

Even if he said I'm going to get a gun from my car, which I doubt, this is not OK.

As someone with a brother-in-law who is a cop, these morons are what gives good cops a bad name.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
When we think about racism and inequality we tend to think about the South but in reality I think the Midwest is almost worse than the South.

Reactions: Pohemi

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Holy shit that video is unreal.

They shot him in the back at virtually point blank range while he was getting into his car. I mean the cop was even holding his shirt as he shot him.

WHAT THE FUCK??

Yeah it’s like they didn’t even try any other method. The cop was like, welp I guess grabbing his shirt isn’t working so I might as well shoot him in the back. Then after having shot him, he continued to fucking shoot him! The guy was clearly incapacitated after the first shot at best and definitely after the second shot.

This is a Tamar rice level of murder.

Jan 25, 2011
Reactions: hal2kilo and KMFJD

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
On the surface this is really bad. We do need more information. Why did they initially attempt to detain him? From what I heard he attempted to break up the domestic dispute which was why the police were called and he was not involved.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
not good, this is my hometown.

I'm just north in MKE. It's just saddening. My sister and I were texting each other last night watching the live feeds etc.
I love my state so much and it just depressing to see what we've devolved into. What those cops did is just unexplainable and just wrong on every single level conceivable.

When I drive through rural towns - not 15 mins from downtown Milwaukee - on the weekends it's just disheartening to see the countless Trump signs. Blue Lives Matter. etc etc. To hear and see people talk and comment on local news stories is mind boggling. Everything is racist, vitriolic and so "simple minded" it makes me want to cry.

The ONLY good news out of this (and I use that term loosely) is Jacob Blake (the victim) has not died from the wounds. He's in serious condition at Froedert hospital (best in the state). His children were in the car when this happened.

*sigh*

Last edited:

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I'm just north in MKE. It's just saddening. My sister and I were texting each other last night watching the live feeds etc.
I love my state so much and it just depressing to see what we've devolved into. What those cops did is just unexplainable and just wrong on every single level conceivable.
If I was a downtown Milwaukee business right now I would be boarding up.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Serious question, what sequence of events would have made it okay to kill him?

The only reason the cop should have shot is if he reached for a gun in his car. The problem is that it got to that point - and that they had guns drawn and pointed BEFORE that point.
There were 3 cops they could have easily stopped him from getting to his car door. They could have tased him, tackled him... but it appears first reaction was to pull guns, point and literally follow him at pointblank range. They failed on EVERY level.