"Plan to Kill Everyone You Meet"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The latest propaganda being put out by Fox News as a counter to all the mass shootings. Get your guns in states with no restrictions on carry, licensing and training. Being it with you and be prepared to kill everyone.

So, go get your guns and just start shooting everyone. Maybe you'll be lucky to meet a few Fox News hosts.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
There's nothing wrong with that. It DOESN'T mean "kill everyone you meet," just be prepared to do so if they prove to be a threat.

I've lived with that mindset for more than 50 years. I developed it right after I landed in Vietnam and realized...the "friendly" Vietnamese people looked identical to the "enemy" Vietnamese people...and, in way too many cases...they were one and the same.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There's nothing wrong with that. It DOESN'T mean "kill everyone you meet," just be prepared to do so if they prove to be a threat.

I've lived with that mindset for more than 50 years. I developed it right after I landed in Vietnam and realized...the "friendly" Vietnamese people looked identical to the "enemy" Vietnamese people...and, in way too many cases...they were one and the same.
A black security guard names Jemel Robeson was a security guard who had detained a shooter. Police got a call of a shooting. When they arrived, they saw a black man with a gun and killed him.

1. Black people don't get the benefit of doubt in public.
2. You can say "plan to kill everyone you meet" doesn't really mean that but the right wing crazies will not interpret it your way so why even put that out there. Is it just to sell more guns?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
A black security guard names Jemel Robeson was a security guard who had detained a shooter. Police got a call of a shooting. When they arrived, they saw a black man with a gun and killed him.

1. Black people don't get the benefit of doubt in public.
2. You can say "plan to kill everyone you meet" doesn't really mean that but the right wing crazies will not interpret it your way so why even put that out there. Is it just to sell more guns?

There's no way to understand the RWNJ crowd. Cops pretty much ALWAYS operate on the "plan to kill everyone you meet" mindset. In their jobs, they just never know when it will be a necessity. Does that mean they occasionally fuck up and kill innocent people? Sure does...and HOPEFULLY the ones who do...pay for that mistake. (but we know it rarely happens that way)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There's no way to understand the RWNJ crowd. Cops pretty much ALWAYS operate on the "plan to kill everyone you meet" mindset. In their jobs, they just never know when it will be a necessity. Does that mean they occasionally fuck up and kill innocent people? Sure does...and HOPEFULLY the ones who do...pay for that mistake. (but we know it rarely happens that way)
Yeah and John Crawford was just another fuck up too.

and Tamir Rice

In all these cases the victims weren't given a proper chance. Shoot first ask questions later. That's the kind of propoganda Fox News is putting out there.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet, is good advice.

Unfortunately stupid people put all the focus on the last part and mostly skip over being polite and professional.

Violence is the last, last, last resort after all the productive answers, swallowing your pride, and running away.

Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet, is good advice.

Unfortunately stupid people put all the focus on the last part and mostly skip over being polite and professional.

Violence is the last, last, last resort after all the productive answers, swallowing your pride, and running away.
Trying to think of an instance in one of the recent mass shootings where a plan to kill everyone would have helped the situation. Maybe you can think of one.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Trying to think of an instance in one of the recent mass shootings where a plan to kill everyone would have helped the situation. Maybe you can think of one.

Mass shootings are rarely the work of rational minds...being prepared to kill everyone you meet (at least to a rational person) would be "be prepared to kill everyone you meet who is a threat."

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
I am kind of 50/50 on whether calling a society where "You should be prepared to kill everyone you meet" is actually a civilized society or even a society at all. I find the idea of having to live by battlefield rules during peacetime in your own fucking country appalling. I hope the sentiment "What in the actual fucking fuck?" isn't too Canadian to understand.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I am kind of 50/50 on whether calling a society where "You should be prepared to kill everyone you meet" is actually a civilized society or even a society at all. I find the idea of having to live by battlefield rules during peacetime in your own fucking country appalling. I hope the sentiment "What in the actual fucking fuck?" isn't too Canadian to understand.

It isn’t civilized and you don’t need to be Canadian to see that.

Mar 11, 2004

Well maybe you shouldn't have been in their country killing them? But yes, let's pat yourself on the back for being a literal fucking psychopath. Actually not even psychopaths are that insane.

Mass shootings are rarely the work of rational minds...being prepared to kill everyone you meet (at least to a rational person) would be "be prepared to kill everyone you meet who is a threat."

The phrase "be prepared to kill everyone you meet" is not a rational thought. You are fucked in the head, get help.

Mar 11, 2004

No, its not.

Unfortunately stupid people think it is.

The last phrase isn't even a coherent thought. But then we already established you think you're saying smart things that are in fact just stupid nonsense.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I didn't realize boy scouts had a badge for killing people.

Also, preparing to kill everyone you meet is a trauma response from Vietnam, you should talk to a professional about that.
Once you read the boy scout motto it will all make sense.

• Wow

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Do you all not understand that Mad Dog's statement was simply a soldiers version of the boy scout motto?
More like trained assassin. Is that a society we want? Everyone planning the death of everyone they encounter? Even in the days of the so called "wild west" you had to turn in your gun when coming to town.

Seems that is where the gun industry is trying to lead the country. Self fulfilling where the ONLY way to feel safe is to buy more and more guns. Make them rich.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
No, its not.

Unfortunately stupid people think it is.

The last phrase isn't even a coherent thought. But then we already established you think you're saying smart things that are in fact just stupid nonsense.

You seem really mad, maybe you're the one fucked in the head that needs help.

Reactions: Meghan54

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
More like trained assassin. Is that a society we want? Everyone planning the death of everyone they encounter? Even in the days of the so called "wild west" you had to turn in your gun when coming to town.

Seems that is where the gun industry is trying to lead the country. Self fulfilling where the ONLY way to feel safe is to buy more and more guns. Make them rich.
The job of a solider is to kill people and break things. We like to pretend otherwise, but the bottom line doesn't change. The advice simply means "be prepared". I know that offends the delicate sensibility's of some people, but those folks are going to be offended by anything that doesn't directly affirm their world view.
Everything we have and hold dear exists because rough men with guns did the necessary killing.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

This is what guns do to your brain...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The job of a solider is to kill people and break things. We like to pretend otherwise, but the bottom line doesn't change. The advice simply means "be prepared". I know that offends the delicate sensibility's of some people, but those folks are going to be offended by anything that doesn't directly affirm their world view.
Everything we have and hold dear exists because rough men with guns did the necessary killing.
IMO - be prepared means don't wonder into an isolated parking lot at night. Avoid dangerous situations. Don't visit the ATM in a bad neighborhood at 3A.

The other way - everywhere I go plan "how am I going to kill this person". That is the mindset of a soldier or trained assassin.

What if you are a teacher? History shows us 6 year olds in this country have access to guns and can kill you. What is the plan to kill all your 1st grade students?

• Love

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Is that a society we want?
Don't we have to work with what we have, instead of what we wish we had?

Any society is going to be defined by its people, and people largely suck. There is no democratic movement from where we are, to where we would like to be. Much as we can campaign for it, there is a counter campaign to keep things as they are. Yes, mass shootings all over the place is terrible, but people cling to their guns as their way to escape the next gunman. The statistical fact that allowing everyone to be a gunman is going to cost more lives, that is too complex an idea to overcome the simpler idea of arming yourself.

Part of the strength of their argument is in saying you can only disarm the "good guys" who would defend themselves, and they pretend that we could never disarm the criminals / murderers. That we only intend to make people more vulnerable. And certainly, anyone who is not armed has got to feel more vulnerable in America. Our campaign has to overcome those feelings and pound home the idea that other nations do not have these problems. People need to understand, they need to FEEL, that a solution is possible.

All people inherently understand is that the solution to a gun... is a gun. It is extremely difficult to move past that simple concept.

What if you are a teacher? History shows us 6 year olds in this country have access to guns and can kill you. What is the plan to kill all your 1st grade students?
Speaking of which... they'd obviously tell you to be armed, to be trained and competent. To be "ready". AKA itchy trigger finger. Let's just hope the 1st grader doesn't sneeze unexpectedly.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
As an atheist. My morals prevent me from adopting a mindset that involves killing other people in my community.
I'm not in a warzone. I don't view other human beings as "objects" that threaten me.
I spend zero time thinking about it.

All the little "What if " scenarios people toss out don't phase me.

Do I have special skills to deal with threats?
Yes
Do I spend anytime fantasizing about using them?
Hell no.
Fuck that

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
IMO - be prepared means don't wonder into an isolated parking lot at night. Avoid dangerous situations. Don't visit the ATM in a bad neighborhood at 3A.

The other way - everywhere I go plan "how am I going to kill this person". That is the mindset of a soldier or trained assassin.

The point is not to be a victim, and how you go about that depends on where you live. I live in an open carry state, I've never once seen anyone armed in public. I've also never seen a homeless camp or a panhandeler. So being prepared is a little different for me. I don't have a big concern about my safety.

In your example you're accepting that your actions are in some cases dictated by your fear of being attacked. I know a few people who have rejected that thinking, who refuse to let criminals dictate their actions. I can't say I support their decision, but I do understand the thinking behind it. It's definitely a militant mindset, and my fear is that it may become a necessary mindset.

Reactions: rommelrommel