SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Lol OP is quoting fake news sources!

Look here instead:

https://www.wired.com/story/how-dna-testing-at-the-us-mexico-border-will-actually-work/

Last month, former DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen told a congressional committee that the agency had discovered multiple incidences of young people being passed around, or “recycled,” to help migrants gain illegal entry. In a speech last month, she claimed that “cases of fake families are popping up everywhere.” But the numbers tell a different story.

Since April 18, CBP has referred 101 families for suspected fraud to ICE special investigators, a DHS official told reporters Wednesday. Of those, 29 were determined to be fraudulent, resulting in 45 people being referred for prosecution and 33 being accepted by prosecutors. CBP doesn’t have figures yet for April, but in the month prior, 53,077 family units were apprehended at the southern border, placing best estimates for the rate of fraud somewhere below half a percent.

LOL leave it to the OP to lie blatantly.

Thread topic is wrong.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Truth is truth, regardless of who posts it. Go figure, MSNBC and CNN didn't run with this... wonder why? They're about news and not a political agenda, right? LOL

https://www.thv11.com/article/news/...them/507-efc614aa-1f8e-4489-9608-dc09b5e22bd6

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...ps-dna-test-finds-30-percent-fake-family-rate

Edit: You either corrected your title or I misread it.

Regardless, having that result for 30% of people you already suspected of being people not related is if anything a pretty underwhelming result.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
As per your own link it was 30% of those TESTED, specifically because they were suspected of not being related.

Your thread title is a lie, please correct it or it will be reported.

My thread title is perfectly accurate. I clearly point out that it is 1/3 of "suspected fraudulent families." What do you not understand?

Go figure, in your over zealous attempt to get me silenced YOU are the liar.

Reactions: Luna1968

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So, they are claiming that 30% of "suspected" fraudulent families are fraudulent due to DNA test.
What percentage of fraudulent families are legitimate stepparents or moms who slept with the mailman?

But, they don't appear to have any information like ....
What percentage of families are suspected of being fraudulent in the first place?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Edit: You either corrected your title or I misread it.

Regardless, having that result for 30% of people you already suspected of being people not related is if anything a pretty underwhelming result.

You missed it. The OP has not been edited in any way.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
What do you define as not a family?

Mother and her child and her current boyfriend/ stepfather?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So, they are claiming that 30% of "suspected" fraudulent families are fraudulent due to DNA test.
What percentage of fraudulent families are legitimate stepparents or moms who slept with the mailman?

But, they don't appear to have any information like ....
What percentage of families are suspected of being fraudulent in the first place?

Spidey is counting on people extrapolating the 30% of those suspected to be some sort of larger statement about migrants in general. 30% of people already suspected of something being *potentially* guilty of it is not even remotely impressive.

Also, holy shit those sources spidey is linking. The New American is an ultra, ultra right wing ofshoot of the John Birch Society. It really explains a lot about Spidey when he inadvertently reveals what sort of propaganda he consumes.

Reactions: Meghan54 and pmv

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Spidey is counting on people extrapolating the 30% of those suspected to be some sort of larger statement about migrants in general. 30% of people already suspected of something being *potentially* guilty of it is not even remotely impressive.

Also, holy shit those sources spidey is linking. The New American is an ultra, ultra right wing ofshoot of the John Birch Society. It really explains a lot about Spidey when he inadvertently reveals what sort of propaganda he consumes.

Hardcore conservatives are only comfortable with "news" sources that are basically outright propaganda at this point which often look like the work product of the totalitarian regimes we used to mock.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
In other words, 2/3s of the families that the ICE pigs suspect are fraudulent smugglers looking to “game the system” are actually related.

And how many people do they "suspect"? 100%, 50%, 25%?

Out of context the 30% figure means exactly shit.

Reactions: jman19 and ElFenix

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hardcore conservatives are only comfortable with "news" sources that are basically outright propaganda at this point which often look like the work product of the totalitarian regimes we used to mock.

Remember, he used to be a liberal guy until he #walkedaway. Now he consumes ultra right wing propaganda from the same group that accused Eisenhower of being a communist bent on treason and thing the UN's Agenda 21 is an attempt to take over the world.

He wants you to know that us people not reading propaganda from people who think one of our greatest presidents was a communist spy are the real extremists though.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
In other words, 2/3s of the families that the ICE pigs suspect are fraudulent smugglers looking to “game the system” are actually related.
Hey, that doesn't frame the data in a fashion that furthers my argument and/or beliefs!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Way to bust Slow's Trump bubble. Was Kris Kobach in charge of this too??

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

That sort of sneaky way of presenting something seems quite common among those trying to give a misleading impression. There was a story ages ago about the high proportion of London police officers who were obese. (I was taken in by that one, probably because it was something I was happy to believe). Only much later was it mentioned that the percentage given was a percentage _of those who had come forward to say they were worried about their weight_, and as a percentage of the total it was actually very low.

Giving a percentage of a cherry-picked or self-selected sample (and hoping people unthinkingly extrapolate it to the entire population) is a standard trick among the dishonest.

Anyway, it wouldn't be very surprising if some groups of migrants were not closely related by blood. And even then it doesn't mean they have a purely mercenary or commercial relationship. Nor is it very plausible that that is what separating families was all about.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So, if less than 1% of gun owners murder people, and less than 1% of guns are ever used to harm, than you lefties are fine with that, right? I mean, 2/3 is the magic line in the sand, amirite?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
ICE conducted the pilot for a few days earlier this month in El Paso and McAllen, Texas.
^^^ Two locations, for a couple of days. Scientific rigor at it's finest!

Makes you wonder if it was attempted elsewhere at the border for other brief periods, but the results weren't released . . . for some reason!

Puts me in mind of how advertisers achieve the old "4 out of 5 doctors recommend . . ." They keep interviewing as many different groups of 5 doctors as necessary to find the ONE group in which 4 of them recommend Whizzo Anti-Stupidity Cream. Ugly has a closet-full of the stuff. It hasn't helped. :(

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
^^^ Two locations, for a couple of days. Scientific rigor at it's finest!

Makes you wonder if it was attempted elsewhere at the border for other brief periods, but the results weren't released . . . for some reason!

Puts me in mind of how advertisers achieve the old "4 out of 5 doctors recommend . . ." They keep interviewing as many different groups of 5 doctors as necessary to find the ONE group in which 4 of them recommend Whizzo Anti-Stupidity Cream. Ugly has a closet-full of the stuff. It hasn't helped. :(

Makes me think that it is likely that there are literally thousands of human trafficking victims every month at our border, and the impotent feelings-over-reality leftists don't want to do anything about it. Not good for their narrative.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Makes me think that it is likely that there are literally thousands of human trafficking victims every month at our border, and the impotent feelings-over-reality leftists don't want to do anything about it. Not good for their narrative.
Why? Were any of these kids shown to be human trafficking victims? Talk about your "feelings over reality." Wait! Are you some sort of leftist? :eek: