Philadelphia Eagles not going to White House

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Only two Eagles were going to show up.

I've read articles that said as few as 1 player, 1 player + possibly another, 4 total counting the mascot and the owner, 10 all together, and so on. Who's to say what number is actually correct?

Here's one: "Interesting. Per @MikeGarafolo, the #Eagles player contingent to the White House was slated to be Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles... and maybe one other player."

Or: "But the group that was reportedly ready to go was down to just two or three players, team owner Jeffrey Lurie, and the mascot."

Or: "In fact, five or fewer Eagles players committed to attend the White House ceremony, a source told ESPN's Don Van Natta."

Reactions: FelixDeCat

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Sorry Charile, Philly has had the nickname going back to at least the time Buddy Ryan ran the team, maybe longer. This predated the internet. You would have to have lived here to know or remembered.

I even found a reference here from 2002 http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2002-01-26/sports/0201260262_1_eagles-rams-linemen

But please, do tell me how there was no life before the internet.

#Philly disgrace, #Mueller voted for Hillary, #lol @ Bitek

Nice cover. You use an alt definition no one has used in over 20 years and expect everyone to know what you are talking about, &/or draw a distinction between that and your everyday pattern of lies.

Google who are the dirty birds and let us know how many pages it takes to get to Buddy Ryan. Doesn't even matter as no one cares.

Broncos crushed the real dirty birds in Superbowl XXII in 1998. Also visited WH after Superbowl 50 as there wasn't a lying, racist scumbag there that everyone hated.

Official NFL channel even

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Unless you are playing the Giants or in any game that could negatively affect the Giants chances of making the playoffs or affecting their seed, etc...

I think the Giants will ensure that no other team has the ability to affect their chances of making the playoffs, lol.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Exactly. Or any Democrat for that matter.

I assure you that it would have less to do with random POTUS' political affiliation than it would have to do with random POTUS being an abjectly immoral, racist, self-serving shitbag of a cvnt that has actually called those very same people "sons of bitches."
Because they all totally boycotted Dubya, right?

But continue being as stupid and useless as you are.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Only two Eagles were going to show up.

Pathetic.

The Dirty Birds dont deserve to go to the WH!

(except the two that wanted to go and enjoy the honor)

So you think it's pathetic that people exercise their free will to go or not to go?

Would you prefer they be forced to go under threat of punishment?

Have you thought that since so many people declined to go visit the WH it's not the people who are the problem, but the WH?

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
"Trump said he would consider pardon applications submitted by players who have participated in protests during the anthem." "I'm going to ask them to recommend to me people that were unfairly treated -- friends of theirs or people that they know about -- and I'm going to take a look at those applications," he said. "And if I find, and my committee finds, that they're unfairly treated, then we will pardon them or at least let them out."
Pardon them for what exactly? Trump considers kneeling during the anthem a criminal act? Trump is truly batshit crazy.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
"Trump said he would consider pardon applications submitted by players who have participated in protests during the anthem." "I'm going to ask them to recommend to me people that were unfairly treated -- friends of theirs or people that they know about -- and I'm going to take a look at those applications," he said. "And if I find, and my committee finds, that they're unfairly treated, then we will pardon them or at least let them out."
Pardon them for what exactly? Trump considers kneeling during the anthem a criminal act? Trump is truly batshit crazy.

It is also interesting that he has plenty of time to examine these NFL player "pardons" on a case-by-case basis, but no time to sit down with Robert Mueller and answer honest questions about his criminal empire that is Trump Inc.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

I think you're misunderstanding.

Trump is asking the protesters to submit names of the people they are protesting for.

Too bad they're fucking dead because the protest was about cops killing unarmed black men.

No, you can't make this shit up. You just can't. You could do acid with a room full of cats and STILL not make this shit up.

Reactions: sandorski

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I think you're misunderstanding.

Trump is asking the protesters to submit names of the people they are protesting for.

Too bad they're fucking dead because the protest was about cops killing unarmed black men.

No, you can't make this shit up. You just can't. You could do acid with a room full of cats and STILL not make this shit up.

Yes I misunderstood. So now Trump is basically admitting that the players who were kneeling actually had legitimate reasons for protesting. WTF

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Exactly. Or any Democrat for that matter.
Superbowl winning teams have usually enjoyed going to the WH no matter who was POTUS at the time, you seem incapable of seeing what a giant D-bag Dump represents for many Americans.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
as I Giants fan I dutifully hate the Iggles. I hate the Cowgirls far worse but the Iggles are second in line to the Cowsissies. But, I will be an Eagles fan for a day. I figured maybe 10 or 15 guys wouldn't go see that fucker Trump and that would be cool, but from what it sounds like, pretty much almost 50 guys, the whole damn team, didn't want to see that POS Trump in the White House. Talk about character. I have to respect that team for having so many players of character. Did not expect that kind of resolution from so many guys at once.

So this Giants fan, is far more respectful of the Eagles team as he was before because they have shown they have resolve, honor and character. Fly Eagles Fly. Unless you are playing the Giants or in any game that could negatively affect the Giants chances of making the playoffs or affecting their seed, etc...
As a Philly fan, it kills me that I'm going to have to root for the Giants all but 2, potentially 3, games this year. Wish nothing but good things for Saquon.

Thank God we can at least agree the Cowgirls are by far the worst.