Philadelphia Eagles not going to White House

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Looks like Trump rescinded the invitation because the entire team wouldn't come. My hats off to players who stood on principle a decided in advance to stay home. No bad feeling towards players who were going. I'm going to change my avatar back for another week. The entire team has behaved with integrity during this entire Trump shitstorm.

It would be a nice topper if Obama invited the team to his house.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/...t_trump_tells_eagles_to_stay_away_from_w.html

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
We learned in the 30's you can't appease someone like Trump, he'll always want and try to take more. There's only one way to deal with people like him, and the French figured it out during their revolution.

Reactions: cytg111 and dank69

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We learned in the 30's you can't appease someone like Trump, he'll always want and try to take more. There's only one way to deal with people like him, and the French figured it out during their revolution.
I think the Italians figured it out better. Would be a fitting ending for Trump

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Trump needs to stop telling businesses what they have to do. He doesn't run these companies and needs to stop politicizing stupid shit like this.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Trump needs to stop telling businesses what they have to do. He doesn't run these companies and needs to stop politicizing stupid shit like this.

But that would mean reminding him that being President doesn't mean you're CEO of the country with absolute control, and he can't tolerate that.

Reactions: dank69 and Aegeon

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Too bad those petty millennials do not have enough decency to pay respect to the WH and accept an honor. Next thing you know the dirty birds will all stay in the locker room for the anthem. Just watch.

And to think I rooted for them during the Super Bowl.

I hereby rescind all my cheers. :(

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Too bad those petty millennials do not have enough decency to pay respect to the WH and accept an honor. Next thing you know the dirty birds will all stay in the locker room for the anthem. Just watch.

Trump is incapable of bestowing an honor; the concept of honor is foreign to him.

Reactions: UNCjigga

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Some of them wanted to go you liar. Some didn't so Trump disinvited them. BTW - Similar response from the NE Patriots including the golden boy Ton Brady who stayed home yet Trump let them come. Maybe the difference Boston vs Philadelphia??

I'm glad they are not going to see that dirtbag who doesn't respect the White House himself. Just pointing out your usual hypocrisy.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

I dunno who is more of a little bitch, normal 'fans' like you or the president himself. Either way you are in fantastic company. The side with the guns is full of the biggest little bitches. My goodness.

Nov 25, 2013

I doubt the team gives a damn.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Some of them wanted to go you liar. Some didn't so Trump disinvited them. BTW - Similar response from the NE Patriots including the golden boy Ton Brady who stayed home yet Trump let them come. Maybe the difference Boston vs Philadelphia??

I'm glad they are not going to see that dirtbag who doesn't respect the White House himself. Just pointing out your usual hypocrisy.
Don't forget him disinviting the Golden State Warriors as well. President Snow Flake

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009

When did the White House become a religious symbol?

Is the anthem part of some religious ceremony were not aware of?

Or perhaps this is part and parcel of being a proud armchair patriot, and a show of support for captain 5 deferments himself, a true patriot who when his country called upon him to serve, he instead served himself another unwilling woman.

Reactions: Aegeon

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Poor Felixthepussy, so victimized by other people making a statement.

Btw the man in the White House needs to earn respect by being a decent human being.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Reactions: dank69 and tweaker2

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think if Trump agreed to have a closed door meeting with the players and all subjects are on the table almost the entire tem would have gone. Being a black American if I were on the team I would have used the opportunity to speak my mind and let Trump know exactly what I think he is doing to the country and what he can do to correct it.

A real President would have done that.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

you are the victim...

3zRPgjr.gif