Philadelphia Eagles not going to White House

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2011
I can see a few more invites not being made in the near future...

https://nypost.com/2018/06/05/lebron-james-speaks-for-nba-no-ones-visiting-white-house/

There may be no love lost between Golden State and Cleveland, but LeBron James thinks the teams can agree on one thing: not visiting the White House anytime soon.

“I know no matter who wins this series, no one wants to get invited anyway,” James said at a news conference Tuesday. “It won’t be Golden State or Cleveland going.”

Stephen Curry, after he was relayed James’ thoughts, said, “I agree with Bron.”

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm a retired Army veteran, and I fully support the right to protest our government.

Care to claim I don't give a shit?

You are confusing patriotism with servile nationalism. America was founded on the very concept of protesting government. A country where there never has been mandatory displays of worship or loyalty.

Only certain groups of rural-dwelling right wing white males are allowed to protest the government and call it patriotic. Everyone else is required to keep their necks under the government's boot where they belong. Because freedom or something like that.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Who wants to go to the Whitehouse anyway?
You'd have to contend with.....

Orange makeup all over the Whitehouse bathroom towels. YECK!
Tissues all over the floor from Melania crying and sobbing, "VHUT HAVE I DONE?"
You think Bill Clinton left "funny-spots" all over the premisses. Trump left a flood of oogy stuff.
Smokey eye residue from Sarah Huckabee Sanders all over the chairs.
Smokey Daniels under the Oval Office desk. Yes, Smokey is still there. And being paid. ;)
All those venomous snakes crawling around. Oh.. whoops, those are just the Trump children.
Photos of Rudy Giuliani hung on every wall. And the eyes follow you around. :(
Dart boards full of darts, with Obama's picture on every board.
Soviet spies. Lots of Soviet spies. Hoards and hoards of Soviet spies.

And to the Eagles, forget the Whitehouse. Continue with your stance against racism.

Reactions: Thebobo

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I'm a retired Army veteran, and I fully support the right to protest our government.

Care to claim I don't give a shit?

You are confusing patriotism with servile nationalism. America was founded on the very concept of protesting government. A country where there never has been mandatory displays of worship or loyalty.

You are the exception not the rule. The other guy just doesn't give a hoot about America.

Sad.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/05/trump-philly-eagles-snub-624838
Last week, the Eagles submitted 81 names of players who were planning to visit the White House, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. The team was "full steam ahead," another administration official said, for an event that had been in the works since February.
But on Monday, the White House was informed that the delegation had been reduced to just two or three players, the owner, and the team's beloved mascot, Swoop.
"We feel like they wanted to publicly humiliate the White House and the president," the official said.
Db7cMrZV0AA5iyt.jpg

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
lol. You know how Republicans are always saying protesters are paid, or victims of shootings are crisis actors, or whatever? These are what real fake plants look like.

There is not an Eagles fan alive that would be willing to travel to DC to see some White House ceremony who doesn't know what Nick Foles did in that game. I call total BS.

Eagles Fans At White House Event Don’t Know Who The Team’s Starting QB Was In Super Bowl LII

http://dailysnark.com/eagles-fans-a...-the-teams-starting-qb-was-in-super-bowl-lii/

Reactions: darkswordsman17

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I can tell you right now, you're not qualified to judge.

And is disagreement is enough for you to label someone as "unamerican" you're a mindless fucking sheep who has no idea what it means to be American.

I always find it odd how rural conservatives appear to consider themselves the arbiters of what Real Americans are considering what a small minority of Americans they are.

While I think the whole 'real American' debate is dumb anyway as we're all Americans, if we were to designate a group of people who represented America best it sure wouldn't be them.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I can tell you right now, you're not qualified to judge.

And is disagreement is enough for you to label someone as "unamerican" you're a mindless fucking sheep who has no idea what it means to be American.
he's a troll and it's best just to ignore him. he's not worth the effort to argue with.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Too bad those petty millennials do not have enough decency to pay respect to the WH and accept an honor. Next thing you know the dirty birds will all stay in the locker room for the anthem. Just watch.

And to think I rooted for them during the Super Bowl.

I hereby rescind all my cheers. :(

How can you even speak with all thos BBCs in your mouth.. its a modern day marvel.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Fake election, fake president, fake news, the legacy of No. 45 keeps building. Or is that "piling", yeh it does look like a BIG pile when coming from trump's lips.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Too bad those petty millennials do not have enough decency to pay respect to the WH and accept an honor. Next thing you know the dirty birds will all stay in the locker room for the anthem. Just watch.

And to think I rooted for them during the Super Bowl.

I hereby rescind all my cheers. :(
I that an underhanded middle finger? I notice you do not mention honor the president.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Only certain groups of rural-dwelling right wing white males are allowed to protest the government and call it patriotic. Everyone else is required to keep their necks under the government's boot where they belong. Because freedom or something like that.

You mean like these patriots?
JasonArment_020_Bundy-Sniper-I_IMAGE_Eric-Parker-Reuters-Jim-Urquhart-640x360.jpg

I thought there was some type of law about pointing a loaded weapon at law enforcement, if that guy was black they would have ordered the b52's out to bomb the place

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
People should watch the video of Trump not singing God Bless America and just bopping around like he does for the anthem because he doesn't know the words.
I saw that, priceless. Jesus what a D-bag.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I think it's disgusting how this team is being smeared by Dump and his friends at Fox. But then this is what happens if the giant orange 6 year old isn't lavished with the praise and deference he wants.

So pathetic. Of course people aren't going to give a damn about meeting him; he's an unhinged racist who is shitting on the flag while he pretends to stand for it.

Should help free up time for a round of interviews I hear he's too busy for, right?

Phenzyn

Mar 18, 2018
Some of them wanted to go you liar. Some didn't so Trump disinvited them. BTW - Similar response from the NE Patriots including the golden boy Ton Brady who stayed home yet Trump let them come. Maybe the difference Boston vs Philadelphia??

I'm glad they are not going to see that dirtbag who doesn't respect the White House himself. Just pointing out your usual hypocrisy.
Wait? Tom Brady didn't go? I thought he was all MAGA and even voted for Trump. I remember reading something about him and Kraft both being huge friends with Trump and doing all this crap, Golfing all the time together, then I remember he had a MAGA hat in his locker room.

I googled a bit and seemed like there was a lot of it on both sides with him saying the hat was a keepsake (which I think is bs) but I couldn't find anything that he didn't visit the white house. I didn't search that hard though. Weird