Pete Buttigieg to suspend campaign

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I always wonder why they say "suspend" instead of "end," like they mean. I know it's a euphemism, but you're not fooling anyone, folks -- it's not like you're going to come back a few weeks later.
those that have tried to jump back in in the past don't do too well.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
If Bernie actually wants to win, he should pick a moderate as VP, such as Buttegieg or Klobuchar.
I've heard that Harris is in the running for the VP position for Biden.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
God forbid we get a candidate who can actually win.

We cannot honestly say who would win if we stopped chasing Republican votes and instead focused on our own voter turnout.

If 2008, the ACA, and 2010 are any indication. Compromise is the surest path to defeat.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
We cannot honestly say who would win if we stopped chasing Republican votes and instead focused on our own voter turnout.

If 2008, the ACA, and 2010 are any indication. Compromise is the surest path to defeat.

Fortunately, come November, assuming Sanders gets the nomination, we'll find out who's right and who's wrong. I very much hope you're correct but I doubt you are. One reason the turnout argument may fail is that some dependable dem voters are moderate and may not turn out for Sanders.

Reactions: Zorba and Jaskalas

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
That's not nice.
I liked Pete. Seems like a very level headed fellow.

lol. Doesn't that just say it all. Bloomberg/Pete would make a great Republican ticket.

Served in the military. Understands pressure. Understands not bowing to the 2% and instead going for the majority.... I honestly wish he was more near the front-runner.

In-fact, I have zero clue why he dropped vs. what is remaining.

His military service is an absolute joke, the Wall Street Journal, of all places, exposed what a total fraud it is. Pete is one of the most deeply cynical and unlikeable people in politics today.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
lol. Doesn't that just say it all. Bloomberg/Pete would make a great Republican ticket.

His military service is an absolute joke, the Wall Street Journal, of all places, exposed what a total fraud it is. Pete is one of the most deeply cynical and unlikeable people in politics today.
hahahhaaaaaaaaa............you obviously are very biased against....

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
He won't be vp. No way another white guy is on the ticket.

I would expect a cabinet or other high level position tho.

Then he takes that experience and gravitas to some other high elected office.

What does white have to do with it?

Race should not be a factor, unless you're racist.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I like Pete but always thought he was a bit before his time.
Pete had a JFK-ish quality about him.
Pete had better try for a governor or Senator first THEN try for a Whitehouse run later on. After all, Pete has a lot of years before him.
AND.... it could have been the simple issue of $$$.
Money may have been Pete's problem. And after Super Tuesday $$$ will be a big problem for more of them, not only Pete.
Not everyone is a billionaire or has a rich daddy.

Trump is right about one thing, and we all know it is true, that the DNC is stacking the deck to defeat Burnie Sanders and hand us a real loser like Joe Biden.
People speak of how under Trump the republicans have their heads up their ass. Well, the DNC has its own head vs ass issue when it comes to Bernie Sanders. Possibly more of a head vs ass issue than the republicans head vs ass issue.
WE SHALL SEE.....
Should Bernie do very well in the upcoming weeks, the DNC will declare all our war on Bernie. The DNC will absolutely want to squash Bernie Sanders BEFORE the convention and rid themselves of ANY possible disruption at the convention.

As far as Pepe goes, if this actually was an issue with Blacks refusing to get on board with Pete, especially if Pete got the nomination, then I say to them damn you!
If Blacks can be so damn homophobic, and that is exactly what this is, then forget about the black vote altogether and let them re-elect a second termed Donald Trump. And good luck with THAT for four more years.