Sean Kyle

Aug 22, 2016
I have been going through a lot of posts and tweets lately and I came across with 2 huge VPN brands who actually voiced against the authorities even though we all know that their demand is definitely high because of this sh*t and it is actually benefiting their businesses. But they have put people's privacy above their business which is commendable!
A huge shout out to PureVPN for this open letter and PIA for this ad which I saw on NYT!

Would love to see more people if you guys can link them in the comments and we can all thank them for their action (or at the very least, voice)!

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Yea good for Pure VPN as it would be in there interest financially to not disapprove of this bill. But that's with my limited knowledge of VPN. I used a couple in the past.

Is Pure VPN good?

Sean Kyle

Aug 22, 2016
Yea good for Pure VPN as it would be in there interest financially to not disapprove of this bill. But that's with my limited knowledge of VPN. I used a couple in the past.

Is Pure VPN good?
But still they requested to not repeal the rules of FCC which is commendable! It is a decent service and is among the best ones in the industry.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
But still they requested to not repeal the rules of FCC which is commendable! It is a decent service and is among the best ones in the industry.

Exactly. Pure has a super low price now but if this bill goes through they and commercial VPNs could go through some rapid growing pains?

Sean Kyle

Aug 22, 2016
Exactly. Pure has a super low price now but if this bill goes through they and commercial VPNs could go through some rapid growing pains?
I doubt it, because they have good reputations and have brilliant networks of servers. They must have already planned and made sufficient changes for such problems. This ain't something which wasn't foreseeable so they must have had some plans to handle more traffic and users beforehand!

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
no VPN will save you in the long run given the direction things are going. The government wants something, they will force hands. No encryption breaking needed. (because ultimately this is what it is about). If ISP's decide that VPN's are preventing them from making money off you, they'll have ways to stop it, because most are monopolies.

Sean Kyle

Aug 22, 2016
no VPN will save you in the long run given the direction things are going. The government wants something, they will force hands. No encryption breaking needed. (because ultimately this is what it is about). If ISP's decide that VPN's are preventing them from making money off you, they'll have ways to stop it, because most are monopolies.
That is completely reasonable! I guess this can be a reason why they are against the authorities on this.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Asked this in another VPN thread buuut, if I hypothetically have a hacked modem that the ISP can't read, can they still see my info?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

Is Pure VPN good?

No, it's in their best interest financially to pretend to disapprove of the bill. It gets them free advertising and positions them as a champion of those who value their privacy. The bill is good for business and speaking out against it without really investing any time or money in fighting it is also good for business. They get to play both sides.

Sean Kyle

Aug 22, 2016
No, it's in their best interest financially to pretend to disapprove of the bill. It gets them free advertising and positions them as a champion of those who value their privacy. The bill is good for business and speaking out against it without really investing any time or money in fighting it is also good for business. They get to play both sides.
Yeah but both of them are not based in the US so the legislation dones't apply!