Penn State protects child rapist that was former famous D-Coordinator

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
If that's true, holy sht.

Holy sht is right. ANd it wouldn't surprise me if true, it explains why they tried to keep it quiet rather than doing something about it 9 years ago.

Sandusky and everyone involved should be hung in the town square. Strait up hung old west style. And frankly, this includes Jopa who did nothing and thus, is just as guilty

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Care to summarize it? I don't have sound at work.

Also, I don't see how Madden could have "broke" anything in April. I've known about this investigation since it started in 2009.

read my posts two posts above this.

Broke may not be the best word, but my understanding was he was one of the first ones naming names.

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
The original victim must be about nineteen years old now. If he comes forward and tells his story and there is any indication of hush money or back room deals, the story will explode even bigger.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
There are something like 7 million teachers in the US and about 45,000 catholic priests. At those numbers, even if 1 in 100,000 teachers were abusers and 1 in 1000 priests were, the teachers would still outnumber the priests.

Obviously the rate is key here, but the main point is that the frequency within the profession could be really, really low for teachers and there could still be more total abusers just because there are so many educators in the US.

I would, frankly, be surprised if the ratio of number of teachers to catholic priests who are abusers were near 1000 to 1, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the ratio were at least somewhat higher. It would be astounding if the ratio of the RATE of occurrence were anything close to that.

Thanks for comming up with the numbers. Im williing to guess that several more teachers and coaches will be arrested TODAY for molestng and raping children, and not one priest will. Not one.

But yet the hysterical Catholic haters insist on saying there are more bad priests than bad teachers (some of which are atheist and listened to Michael Jackson). :eek:

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Care to summarize it? I don't have sound at work.

Also, I don't see how Madden could have "broke" anything in April. I've known about this investigation since it started in 2009.

"...Joe Paterno knows everything that goes on in State College [referring to Sandusky's 1998 confession]." Meaning, he had to know in 1998 in the least about Sandusky when that case broke.

"I hear today he [Joe] is going to say... Mcqeary was very vague and just said horsing around went on, but that's a flat out lie, read the grand jury report [about what Joe knew]".

"Wait until the civil lawsuits hit, it's going to cost Joe a lot of money, the University..."

"Urban Meyer, are you kidding me? He's going to want to jump into that cesspool?!" [regarding the next coach] He thinks the assistant coach at UMD is a good candidate.

"These [PSU] kids make the Occupy Wall Street protesters look brilliant."

"I hear there is a rumor, a shocking development coming from the 2nd Mile Foundation... that Jerry Sandusky and 2nd Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors. That is being investigated by 2 columnists as I speak. The other thing... Sandusky was told he had to retire in exchange for a coverup. ...why would Sandusky walk away at age 55 at the top of his game?"

Totally messed up if true. On both counts. To say Jopa wouldn't have known in 1998 about why Sandusky was forced to retire is pure naivete.

Last edited:

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
Thanks for comming up with the numbers. Im williing to guess that several more teachers and coaches will be arrested TODAY for molestng and raping children, and not one priest will. Not one.

But yet the hysterical Catholic haters insist on saying there are more bad priests than bad teachers (who are likely even atheist). :eek:

Can you take this argument somewhere else, please?

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
The original victim must be about nineteen years old now. If he comes forward and tells his story and there is any indication of hush money or back room deals, the story will explode even bigger.

I'm pretty sure that goes without saying. How else was this kept quiet for 9 years? Loyalty alone? Money is involved and at the highest levels, possibly even in government and elected representatives.

I guarantee there was hush money exchanging hands, its just a matter of if they will get caught or not - which I doubt. They're already throwing money around trying to settle out of court with that 19 yo.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Also referenced in the Madden interview was this article:

First, when did someone on campus first suspect Jerry Sandusky of sexual assault?

According to the grand jury report, in 1998, Sandusky admitted that he showered with an 11-year-old boy. This was known by campus police, the State College Police Department, the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare and the Office of the Centre County District Attorney. Are we supposed to believe that this information never got back to head football coach Joe Paterno or anyone in authority on campus? How could that be? If an English teacher were being investigated, I'd guarantee that the head of the department would know about it.

Given the importance of Penn State football, are we really supposed to believe that no one from the campus police, the state public welfare department or the district attorney's office told any of the university coaches or officials?

So who knew? And how much did they know? And who did they tell? And who stopped the investigation?

Do the right thing.

In 1999 -- one year after the incident -- Sandusky retired at age 55, having served the football program under Paterno for 32 years. Was that timing a coincidence?

Are we really supposed to believe that neither Paterno nor anyone on his staff wondered why Sandusky suddenly retired? We await the honest answers here.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/11/09/bloomberg_articlesLUENG007SXL0.DTL

Last edited:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Guys, it's getting worse:

DannyParkins Danny Parkins

!!! RT @nathanielkraft: Mark Madden just said on WEEI that reports coming that #Sandusky & Second Mile pimped out young boys to rich donors.

For those that don't know, Mark Madden is the reporter that "broke" that something was going on back in April of this year. His reports were mostly ignored. Let's see if this gets ignored.

HOLY SH!T...I hope this is not true.

Next thing we know, we'll hear some famous people and/or politicians involved. I hope they did not do this to these kids.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004

Next thing we know, we'll hear some famous people and/or politicians involved. I hope they did not do this to these kids.

I think its safe to say right now that there is a high likelihood that this is true. Unfortunately.

If you've read the congressional hearing stuff and the more detailed articles about this, its really about the only thing that explains so many other things that have already come to light.

Like I said in the other thread - I can't remember a time when I have been more disappointed in the human race.

GreenGhost

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I find it amazing that these things go on for years, with so many people involved or knowing about it, and no one shows up with a bullet in the head. I don't know if it is restraint, strength of character, or the realization of absolute powerlessness from the part of the victims, but where's that crazy sniper when you need him?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

That wouldnt be that hard to find. Just look up the donor list. Of course its unfair to assume, but people do it all the time. :whiste:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I find it amazing that these things go on for years, with so many people involved or knowing about it, and no one shows up with a bullet in the head. I don't know if it is restraint, strength of character, or the realization of absolute powerlessness from the part of the victims, but where's that crazy sniper when you need him?

It's still early in the game...

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004

But yet the hysterical Catholic haters insist on saying there are more bad priests than bad teachers (some of which are atheist and listened to Michael Jackson, another rapist). :eek:

And some of those teachers are also Catholic! :eek: Uh-oh, better not make that face, some Catholic priest is likely to get ideas.

You could be right, but the reason for it is that the church will cover it up, like they've been doing for decades.

I guarantee that you've listened to child molesters/rapists, so by your logic, I guess that means you are one as well?

Can you take this argument somewhere else, please?

This is probably a better idea.

Then again, maybe Notre Dame deserves some scrutiny?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
And this whirling vortex of doom just continues to grow deeper....

I still say the NCAA stays as far away from this as they can. They want absolutely no association with it. They'll defer to state/federal entities and let the fallout handle itself.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Anyone have news on what Federal charges will stem from this? Any confirmation that the FBI is involved yet?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Anyone have news on what Federal charges will stem from this? Any confirmation that the FBI is involved yet?

I would think that with as much smoke starting to form around the "2nd Mile" charity the FBI would brought in to assist.

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
Guys, it's getting worse:

DannyParkins Danny Parkins

!!! RT @nathanielkraft: Mark Madden just said on WEEI that reports coming that #Sandusky & Second Mile pimped out young boys to rich donors.

For those that don't know, Mark Madden is the reporter that "broke" that something was going on back in April of this year. His reports were mostly ignored. Let's see if this gets ignored.

WoW this is just getting fucking nuts. If this is true then all the shit from a cover up to the DA that is just up and missing and now hearing that kids got pimped out is kind of mind boggling. This is going to rank right up there with OJ.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
What's up with the students rioting in support of Paterno? From what I've read it seems there's no way he didn't at least know some of what was going on.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
What's up with the students rioting in support of Paterno? From what I've read it seems there's no way he didn't at least know some of what was going on.

Because they're students, who don't have a grip on the real world. They live in their little campus dorms, partying, going to classes and hooking up with coeds. Not much responsibility there and not much to worry about. Look at OWS for another example.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Because they're students, who don't have a grip on the real world. They live in their little campus dorms, partying, going to classes and hooking up with coeds. Not much responsibility there and not much to worry about. Look at OWS for another example.

This. I pretty much did the same thing when I was 18. Although I probably wouldn't have done the van flipping thing :).