Paycheck Fairness Act

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
I would rather be at home with the kids then see a man have his finger ripped off by a lathe.

Men are expected to do whatever it takes to provide for their families. Countless men have paid the ultimate price, and that was their lives.

When men are dying in the steel mills, building skyscrapers, bridges,,, where were the women? Safe at home with the kids, or at a cushy office job.

Did it ever occur to you that there was a reason why they were at home that isn't just the negative one that you are implying?

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
If two people provide equal value to a company then they should be paid equally.

But, I'll be damned if government employees are given the power to declare the value someone provides to a company.

The outcome is admirable, but the path to get there is revolting at best.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I would rather be at home with the kids then see a man have his finger ripped off by a lathe.

Men are expected to do whatever it takes to provide for their families. Countless men have paid the ultimate price, and that was their lives.

When men are dying in the steel mills, building skyscrapers, bridges,,, where were the women? Safe at home with the kids, or at a cushy office job.

you know what I bet they were doing at home in their cushy living room with the kids?

inventing vaccines. and demanding that you take them

just to make you even angrier.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
It is a well known fact: Where women go... drama will follow. Drama in the workplace = bad. It pays to hire only men.

/thread.
Guess you never been in a combat unit, watched deadliest catch or ax men. Men have just as much drama.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
That is an amazingly dumb thing to say.

Why is it a dumb thing to say?

There was a program on discovery channel a couple of years ago that explained why women gossip and cause drama.

Scientist think its an evolutionary trait to drive other women away from desirable males. Instead of physical confrontation, women use physiological warfare.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
Wow, you really are a disturbed individual to say some shit like that...I have known women in so many contexts that worked their asses off in comparison to effort put forth by the men. I know that isn't always the case, but I don't think its legitimate to approach to life to slander women with your bitter outlook. Women are expected to stay back and do the shit that men don't want to do, and then they are disrespected for it.

Spare me the classic "If you're not part of the politically correct feel-good herd, then there must be something wrong with you" speech. Do you refute the idea that women are much more likely than men to form in-group cohesion based on gender alone? As in "Girl Power", "Women unite for xxxx cause", etc? Because if you refute that idea, then I'm afraid there is something wrong with you, as in you've been living with blinders on.

As to the second part of my post, let's see what the overall trend is in the modern workplace. Do you see women complaining that the dirty and dangerous jobs are male dominated? Jobs like mining, oil drilling, cargo hauling, construction, demolition, or the military? Nope, strangely enough, it's the cushy office exec jobs they're after. And when they come in to the office environment, suddenly they demand changes to accommodate their whims. Now everyone has to go through gender sensitivity training, because heaven forbid you make some sexual, politically-incorrect remark or joke in the presence of a woman, your job could be in danger.

As for the pay disparity, guess what - there are men who earn less than other men doing what appears to be the same job on paper. Do you see men bitching and whining how life's not fair, how the world hates them, and how they deserve to be paid as much as the other guy? No, somehow men have this miraculous ability to deal with inequalities that are present in life. But women insist that it must, must be discrimination, because... oh yeah, "patriarchy."