Paycheck Fairness Act

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
What if some guy gets a nice bonus or raise and walks around the office bragging about it and pissing off everyone else?

I can see two sides to it.

Fern

That guy probably wont get another bonus. My financials are my business, I should be able to share as much as I want, but if I am being a douche about it, then that has consequences.

Now my boss basically told everyone in my group how much wife and I made, that kind of bothered me, since we are pretty much the only mid career people in my group.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You dont deserve this but Ill post it anyway. I just found this while researching some other genetic diseases. Not that youll read it or even be able to understand it, but maybe someone will get something out of it.

http://www.cell.com/trends/genetics/fulltext/S0168-9525(12)00111-4

Here's the chart you were too inept to include in your post:

gr1.jpg

You don't deserve this, but clearly, this chart doesn't support any of the ignorance and bigotry you've posted. The chart shows:

1. The characteristic most dominated by genetics is "Political knowledge/sophistication."

Your inability to post any facts, let alone credible sources, to support your BS regarding gender equality in the workplace and your bigotry on other subjects in other threads suggest your genetic stock has left you a couple of frejoles short of a combination plate.

2. The characteristic most dominated by a unique environment is "Ethnocentrism."

The racist bigotry in some of your posts suggests you were raised by, and live among, similarly uninformed, bigoted jackasses.

3. The characteristic most dominated by a shared environment is "Political party identification."

Your many posts of parroting talking points from Faux Noise, Lush Limbaugh and other wingnut sources suggest you are an insecure crowd following brown noser. In other words, you're an prime example of a Koch sucker.

LetsGetReal

Apr 8, 2014
You didnt even read that article and based on the majority of your posts being mostly infantile name calling, its easy to see there is much more hate permanently residing in your heart than has ever even been alleged to even have visited mine. This is Ironic considering your team is supposed to be all about love, and tolerance but of course thats only applicable so long as everyone agrees with you.

It isnt social fringe that disagrees with you, its pretty much 50/50 split in this country, a fact you have deluded yourself into denying. You continually misdidentify me in a futile effort to force a square peg into a round hole. I told you a radio voice I like and it isnt any you have contemptuously referenced, but as usual you dont respond to what I actually say but rather what you wish and imagine I said.

Last edited:

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
You didnt even read that article and based on the majority of your posts being mostly infantile name calling, its easy to see there is much more hate permanently residing in your heart than has ever even been alleged to even have visited mine. This is Ironic considering your team is supposed to be all about love, and tolerance but of course thats only applicable so long as everyone agrees with you.

You have no idea whether I read the article. Again, you're just blowing smoke out of your ass. And calling you a bigot, brown nosing wingnut and liar are supported by your own words. You STILL haven't posted any facts regarding the inequality of pay between women and men because you can't, and your tea tard bigotry is supported ONLY by other lame, bigoted tea tards in media outlets funded by uber-wealthy, malicious, vindictive, lying tufds lke the Koch brothers, Karl Rove, Rush Limbaugh and others.

They spend enormous amounts of money to pimp their lies for their own personal political and financial gain, and they succeed in reaching insecure, intellectually challenged, ethnocentric, unimformed and misinformed bigots like you.

Get over yourself! You still have no facts and no excuse for your intellectually, ethically and morally challenged bigotry and hatered of others.

As a human being, you FAIL! :thumbsdown:

LetsGetReal

Apr 8, 2014
You have no idea whether I read the article. Again, you're just blowing smoke out of your ass. And calling you a bigot, brown nosing wingnut and liar are supported by your own words. You STILL haven't posted any facts regarding the inequality of pay between women and men because you can't, and your tea tard bigotry is supported ONLY by other lame, bigoted tea tards in media outlets funded by uber-wealthy, malicious, vindictive, lying tufds lke the Koch brothers, Karl Rove, Rush Limbaugh and others.

They spend enormous amounts of money to pimp their lies for their own personal political and financial gain, and they succeed in reaching insecure, intellectually challenged, ethnocentric, unimformed and misinformed bigots like you.

Get over yourself! You still have no facts and no excuse for your intellectually, ethically and morally challenged bigotry and hatered of others.

Once again you demonstrate your own hatred for others with these seething contemptuous name calling posts of yours. You should think about getting some counseling or better yet take your own advice. It seems pointless to continue this dialog with you, all that froth and hate coming out of you its impossible even to discuss a single point with you. The myth of inequality is well known and readily available, Im not going to spoon feed you. You are only interested in being contentious and continue to operate at the 3rd grade emotional playground level as all liberals do.

Oh good the bill didnt pass. I guess the majority realized we already have the Equal Pay act since the 1960s. and this whole inequal pay thing is just a myth invented by the left to create INequalty along with their other biased anti male bills.

Last edited:

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Once again you demonstrate your own hatred for others with these seething contemptuous name calling posts of yours. You should think about getting some counseling or better yet take your own advice. It seems pointless to continue this dialog with you, all that froth and hate coming out of you its impossible even to discuss a single point with you. The myth of inequality is well known and readily available, Im not going to spoon feed you. You are only interested in being contentious and continue to operate at the 3rd grade emotional playground level as all liberals do.

No facts, no links, no sense, no reality, no sh8! You're the poster child for what happens when the tea tard turds you support defunded your education.

You're not worth the energy to bother replying further. I'm out.

Apr 27, 2012

The Tea Party defends the Constitution and the only the bigots are the leftists just look at the attacks on charter schools.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm sure the terminally stupid who supported this bill will be outraged, but this is clearly a case where the system worked -- the filibuster successfully saved us from this idiocy Mikuslki and her fellow scum wanted to inflict on us.

This clearly had absolutely nothing to do with equality of payment or fairness, it was another example of rampant stupidity.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I'm sure the terminally stupid who supported this bill will be outraged, but this is clearly a case where the system worked -- the filibuster successfully saved us from this idiocy Mikuslki and her fellow scum wanted to inflict on us.

This clearly had absolutely nothing to do with equality of payment or fairness, it was another example of rampant stupidity.

The problem is if you hate rampant stupidity the Democratic Party likes to claim you hate women :whiste:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The problem is if you hate rampant stupidity the Democratic Party likes to claim you hate women :whiste:

Yep, any complaints about the bill would instantly be equated with sexism. That's pretty much the MO these days -- any complaints about the dear leader or any of the party politics will be trashed as some form of 'ism'.

This is a prime example of the stupidity DC brings us. A horrible "solution" to a "problem" that has been proven in numerous studies to not even exist. If you oppose it, you must be a sexist who hates women and fairness. :rolleyes:

LetsGetReal

Apr 8, 2014
Yep, any complaints about the bill would instantly be equated with sexism. That's pretty much the MO these days -- any complaints about the dear leader or any of the party politics will be trashed as some form of 'ism'.

This is a prime example of the stupidity DC brings us. A horrible "solution" to a "problem" that has been proven in numerous studies to not even exist. If you oppose it, you must be a sexist who hates women and fairness. :rolleyes:

Ya Harveys posts are proof of this. Hate hate hate hate with a side order of self righteousness and judgemental. I could literaly write a bot, with a 25 word vocabulary, to automatically respond to keywords in member posts and you wouldnt be able to tell it apart from him or any other liberal. Liberals are literally robots.

Last edited:

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Ya Harveys posts are proof of this. Hate hate hate hate with a side order of self righteousness and judgemental. I could literaly write a bot, with a 25 word vocabulary, to automatically respond to keywords in member posts and you wouldnt be able to tell it apart from him or any other liberal. Liberals are literally robots.

Political hacks on both sides of the spectrum spout off dumb stuff all of the time. And Liberals are not literally robots, possibly figuratively.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Well, maybe if you dumbfuck rightwing trash didn't keep pushing racism, or trying to outlaw abortion every fucking year we could focus on other things. What a stupid child you are.

You liberal pig washers insisted on washing pigs of their sins and left the pig pen door open in the process allowing the pigs to get out and and now you're complaining about them trying to wash you of your sins?

Sorry but you guys (your predecessors) could of used many other non government methods like protests and boycotting and education to change things in the private church school world and prevent the deterioration of the separation of religion and state we have today.

Architects of the religious right like Paul M. Weyrich and their desire to enter politics was being held back by the separation of church from state and by their own members who were content with staying out of politics,

but thanks to some idiot liberals who were not content to wield goverment power against discrimination in the public arena only, decided to breach the wall allowing those religious types you hate so much to get out and here we are today.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5502785

Weyrich, whose conservative activism dates at least as far back as the Barry Goldwater campaign in 1964, had been trying for years to energize evangelical voters over school prayer, abortion, or the proposed equal rights amendment to the Constitution.

"I was trying to get those people interested in those issues and I utterly failed," he recalled in an interview in the early 1990s. "What changed their mind was Jimmy Carter's intervention against the Christian schools, trying to deny them tax-exempt status on the basis of so-called de facto segregation."

During the meeting in Washington, D.C., Weyrich went on to characterize the leaders of the Religious Right as reluctant to take up the abortion cause even close to a decade after the Roe ruling. "I had discussions with all the leading lights of the movement in the late 1970s and early 1980s, post–Roe v. Wade," he said, "and they were all arguing that that decision was one more reason why Christians had to isolate themselves from the rest of the world."

"What caused the movement to surface," Weyrich reiterated,"was the federal government's moves against Christian schools." The IRS threat against segregated schools, he said, "enraged the Christian community." That, not abortion, according to Weyrich, was what galvanized politically conservative evangelicals into the Religious Right and goaded them into action. "It was not the other things," he said.

Ed Dobson, Falwell's erstwhile associate, corroborated Weyrich's account during the ensuing discussion. "The Religious New Right did not start because of a concern about abortion," Dobson said. "I sat in the non-smoke-filled back room with the Moral Majority, and I frankly do not remember abortion ever being mentioned as a reason why we ought to do something."

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Well technically I believe that Obamacare was never passed by the House(they just passed motion deeming it to have passed).

:hmm:
Of course it was it even went through the Supreme Court.

On a side note I've read the ultra right wingnuts are going ballistic over the Colbert thing, I guess maybe Rush thought it was funny to pronounce his name wrong, and trying to be subtle or something.

That or he doesn't know any better, which is more likely.

Last edited:

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
I don't see the problem in this. It's ridiculous that employers are allowed to force people to hide what they make, and all they're saying is they have to divulge that information. If, as so many say, the wage gap is a myth and proving that is so easy then why would you fear this bill?

Any new law will result in more litigation, that's just how laws work. I'm for this, and I don't know why anybody else would fight it. This law protects all employees, not just women.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Of course it was it even went through the Supreme Court.
-snip-

I see this a lot. (Assuming that since some part of a law was uphold, all parts of a law were upheld.)

The SCOTUS hears cases based on very specific complaints. I don't know what nehalem256 is referring to, but I'm pretty sure the SCOTUS case did not try any claim about the House vote. Thus, the SCOTUS did not rule against that claim. So it cannot be said that SCOTUS already ruled that (whatever nehalem256 is referring to) the House vote was proper.

To my knowledge, it has never been addressed.

Fern