Paula Dean's fake tears and her telling the Today show "I is what I is.."

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
/this
+
It seems our society and culture are prone to react in an overblown manner, this affects her brand.

It also happened to Tiger and Kobe to a degree.

I'm sorry but I give a partial pass to people of a certain age that grew up in the south. It's no less ignorant, but living in a racist society is bound to impact people.

I never watched her or other food programs, what's the point of watching people prepare food, when most Americans heat up prepackaged and processed junk.

Less watching people prepare food and more actual preparing of food.
Agreed, although I hold celebrities to a higher standard.

I think she is, and DVC hit the nail right on the head. You don't admit to using the "n-word" on a single occasion unless you know that there are people who can verify you using it multiple times in the past. She also covered herself by admitting that she "may" have used it on other occasions. That's how you minimize it while immunizing yourself from the charge of lying about it.

Combine that with her tolerance of her brother's behavior and the plantation themed wedding, and it's reasonably clear. There comes a point where it isn't "playing the race card" to call someone a racist, and this is one of those times.
Good points, although isn't Bubba a non-related restaurant manager?

Bubba's alleged behavior seems so egregious that I can't easily believe the accusations. I've certainly known people like that, I just can't imagine anyone granting such a horrible person control of their business for decades.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Notice not one person of color has come forward and said they faced racism or discrimination fron Paula. Not a single person

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Paula Deen's Tuna Salad Sandwich

1 can of Tuna
1 jar of Mayonnaise
2 slices of bread

Place paper towel on countertop and open the can of tuna, then allow the tuna to drop onto the paper towel.

Put the can aside for later use.

Fold the paper towel over the tuna and toss into the closest trash bin. Take the tuna can and place in the dish washer and set for High-Temperature Wash.

As the can is washing, head to the refrigerator and take out five sticks of butter. Place one stick into a pan on low heat and let melt.

Remove the can from the washer and then take the four sticks of butter and push them into the tuna can - use the jar of mayo to pound that sum bitch down into the can; pack it down tight.

Place a slice of bread on a plate. Then shake the tuna can over it until the butter drops onto it. Take the pan of melted butter and drizzle over the patty and then cover with the other slice of bread.

Serves 1.

Last edited:

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
It's the seriousness of the charge that is important.

Yet if the charges are true, you would expect at least 1 person to come forward, and substantiate them. Someone to say their experienced this racism or discrimination. But at last no, not a single person has come forward.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Yet if the charges are true, you would expect at least 1 person to come forward, and substantiate them. Someone to say their experienced this racism or discrimination. But at last no, not a single person has come forward.

These people have and have also been deposed by the attorneys. The lady was having to deal with a very hostile enviroment who brought the lawsuit, and even the racial overtones and epitahts were offensive to her. It doesn't have to be someone who is black or brown or asian to be the only one who is offended and impacted by this type behavior.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
These people have and have also been deposed by the attorneys. The lady was having to deal with a very hostile enviroment who brought the lawsuit, and even the racial overtones and epitahts were offensive to her. It doesn't have to be someone who is black or brown or asian to be the only one who is offended and impacted by this type behavior.

There is no proof of this. You can't find a single one of these made up people. You can't just claim these people exist when their is no proof of them.

In fact we have had multiple people of color come forward and defend her. Yet not a single one of the people you claim to exist can be found. We need proof, not conjecture.

In fact we have seen staff members of color come forward and defend her.

FYI we do not need white people to speak for us. If we are being discriminated against, we can speak for our self.

Last edited: