Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 64 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Well, you could instead focus on the amulet and then use the belt to fill resists.

Buy an amulet from this list: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/aJ0G2mjfe
Craft +1 minimum frenzy on it and max it to 20 quality with noxious catalysts. There's actually a perfect one for you here if the person is still online when you're around: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/vPYvgwMSE

Max out your two rings with noxious catalysts
Fill in your resists with a nice Stygian with 90+ life (max sure fire has the most for wise oak)
You're done and you're at 4m DPS

funny you linked that amulet... I tried to buy it earlier but AFK all day.
I bought a different one for 15C and annoited (had to buy the golden oil sadly). So I have something for now. I'm going to wait on the Stygian - hopefully something pops up.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Just depends on your build and how familiar you are with things that deal lots of chaos damage. If you can get 40-50% between gear and the tree it can help make things feel a lot smoother. I've done all content on builds with -60% and had builds with 60% so it just depends.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Just depends on your build and how familiar you are with things that deal lots of chaos damage. If you can get 40-50% between gear and the tree it can help make things feel a lot smoother. I've done all content on builds with -60% and had builds with 60% so it just depends.

so my -40% sucks :)

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I sometimes keep a high res ring I find to do a specific boss. Mainly that snake guy. Otherwise, I don't worry too much about it.
*high chaos res ring

Last edited:

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Are you able to kill the poison Conqueror with -40%? That one gave me the most trouble and I had positive resistance.

He's actually one of the easiest once you know his attack routine.

When you walk in he'll do some basic melee attacks at you.
After that he'll go to the outside while the triangle in the center fills with poison and snakes.
He'll run away from you at this time so if you can't target him just run around in circles so he and the snakes miss their attacks.
Finally, he'll move to the center and do melee attacks again while snakes will spawn around the outside of the triangle if you try to walk out of it.

So basically, run around the triangle while the poison is the center and just run around him while he's in the center. That's it.

Reactions: JTsyo

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Question for Endless Delve, is there an option for crafting? I want to get a 4 link to up my damage but having to wait for the right one to drop seems like a long shot. Still using the starting weapon since it's a linked 3W. I'm at level 27 now.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Question for Endless Delve, is there an option for crafting? I want to get a 4 link to up my damage but having to wait for the right one to drop seems like a long shot. Still using the starting weapon since it's a linked 3W. I'm at level 27 now.

I dont think there's any crafting - just have to pull out those fusings and go for it.
I started Delve then just got frustrated with it

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
You either have to use an orb of binding or jewelers/fusings like mentioned. Make sure you're breaking walls as it's the easiest place to get general uniques as well as fossils for crafting. You also want to be on the look out for the nodes that match your primary skill type, i.e. lightning/fire/minion/physical/etc. Those are a good way to get things like leech/curse on hit/+gem level items for your build.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
New league starting soon, so I figured I'd bump the thread for everyone.
Apparently Zana is dead/gone/missing.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
They moved all the passives atlas points you got from doing Maven content and moved it into its own tree as well as expanded it. Now it affects your entire atlas instead of just one region. It looks overly complicated but most people will just say I like this and this and put all their points towards those things.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
They moved all the passives atlas points you got from doing Maven content and moved it into its own tree as well as expanded it. Now it affects your entire atlas instead of just one region. It looks overly complicated but most people will just say I like this and this and put all their points towards those things.

Yeah - I'm just happy no more watchstones. I liked the Maven content as it made "designing" your own atlas/maps more interesting and you could focus on the type of content you preferred to do (like I like metamorph and Legion much more than harvest or abyss)

I'm actually thinking about taking off Friday (always have left over vacation time) just to play some.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Reading the patch notes right now, looking at the bow and quiver changes in particular. Change to hydrosphere sucks for single target. I'm very happy with the changes to the atlas; my biggest gripe with PoE was using watchstones to control map tiers and progress. I'm so glad that's gone, took them long enough.

I'll miss the first day of league start since I'm travelling that day but hopefully I'll get some playtime in on the weekend.

Haven't decided on a build yet... I wasn't going to play a bow character again but I'm tempted because of the changes. I'll watch some build videos over the next week to decide.

Reactions: Homerboy

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
well, you did kill her father...

i hope i'll have time to play this league, i hate league-starting and can only play 1-2 hours a day.
i'm thinking of going the safe way with either impale zombies or caustic arrow/toxic rain (pathfinder or deadeye, havent decided yet).

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003

I have played ~6 or 7 leagues. WTF is Zana?

Seriously, the story in this game is god awful. I have no idea who anyone is, or why anything is. Just kill everything...

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I've got to figure out my league starter. I have an Explosive Arrow Ballista build that looks nice but it's going to be super meta and pricey. I've tried skeleton mages and once I figured out the leveling gems it's been OK but not sure the playstyle is for me. I might go back to bleed bow, the bow buffs look to make it as good or better than it was before the Elder bow nerf. I'd normally do gladiator but might try ranger for something different.

I was intrigued by jungroan's spectral helix but I can't get a clear indication of if it's bait or not, too many differing opinions.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I have played ~6 or 7 leagues. WTF is Zana?

Seriously, the story in this game is god awful. I have no idea who anyone is, or why anything is. Just kill everything...

Zana is the red haired NPC you meet once you get to maps. She was the one with the map shop, also gave quests in maps as well.

Her NPC duties are now transferred to Kirac, so we can buy maps off him now and as well as do some mapping quests.

And I agree with you, this game has a horrible plot or story or whatever it is.