Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 63 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I feel like the acts could be condensed much further, like the multiple levels of the sun/moon temples in both acts, some of the huge zones could be cut down in size. Finally, a lot of the levelling items are not available to the average player during levelling, which is stupid because it makes the acts less fun for new players since they don't know what to get. Quests offer stupid rares and jewels when they should be giving levelling uniques.

They could even make all waypoints available on the 2nd character in the same league.

Of course, they're not going to do any of this lol.

That seems like a beautiful idea. So yeah, won't be done. GGG is a really weird company and they've clearly created a monster they can't control.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
POE4 when?
we'll get an entire new campaign, after which you start the same Atlas as current POE. the POE4 campaign should be harder, have all the new mechanics, all new ascendancies, you could cyclone with a bow, you could still play "old POE" campaign but i assume the rewards would be worse.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
POE4 when?
we'll get an entire new campaign, after which you start the same Atlas as current POE. the POE4 campaign should be harder, have all the new mechanics, all new ascendancies, you could cyclone with a bow, you could still play "old POE" campaign but i assume the rewards would be worse.

Supposedly, their goal as of right now for the release of PoE 2 is the end of 2022.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Here is the final version the Fireball Hiero build. I cleaned it all up, labeled everything and put notes on some items. Final DPS is about 5m single target at level 94. Total cost to buy everything is probably about 10-11ex. I think I will run this build for 3.17. It should clear very well and the single target DPS is easily high enough to make end game comfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTsyo

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Best Atziri for the first time ever this league on my seismic trapper. Only the second time I've tried to beat her and last time I was using an ignite character so the elemental reflect shredded me.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Is Endless Delve void? Either way, it's only 10 days long, so if I only have time to play two of those days, doesn't seem worth it.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
What's usually the reward for these events? Don't think I'll bother since my character is pretty flimsy in delve.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Is Endless Delve void? Either way, it's only 10 days long, so if I only have time to play two of those days, doesn't seem worth it.
i would rather do free simulacrums. delve is a lot of time investment and less profits.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Personally, I like Delve so I don't mind playing endless for a few days. You level very fast in Delve but you get to a point after 2-3 days that it's very hard to upgrade your gear. That's the point where I just stop. Though with the buffs to the loot in Delve this league endless should feel even better than last time. You get about 3x as many fossils now and much better nodes earlier on.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Personally, I like Delve so I don't mind playing endless for a few days. You level very fast in Delve but you get to a point after 2-3 days that it's very hard to upgrade your gear. That's the point where I just stop. Though with the buffs to the loot in Delve this league endless should feel even better than last time. You get about 3x as many fossils now and much better nodes earlier on.
This even you start with a new character?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
This even you start with a new character?

Ya, all events you start with a new character. Also like mentioned, it's a voided event so it doesn't go to standard. It's just something to do if you want to play in between leagues.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
was up early today and figured I'd get in some maps.
Had a nice Fiend Div. Card drop - quick 9E. I think that's the most expensive thing I've ever had drop
Now I have like 11E and not sure what to actually spend it on.

Happy Thanksgiving! (to those that ceelbrate)

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
was up early today and figured I'd get in some maps.
Had a nice Fiend Div. Card drop - quick 9E. I think that's the most expensive thing I've ever had drop
Now I have like 11E and not sure what to actually spend it on.

Happy Thanksgiving! (to those that ceelbrate)

A 790+ facebreaker with elemental weakness corrupt
lvl 5 awakened fire pen
lvl 5 awakened melee phy (replace ele damage)

Goes from 2.2m dps to 3.1m dps with those 3 changes.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
A 790+ facebreaker with elemental weakness corrupt
lvl 5 awakened fire pen
lvl 5 awakened melee phy (replace ele damage)

Goes from 2.2m dps to 3.1m dps with those 3 changes.

already have Awakened fire Pen (lvl 2 though)
picked up lvl5 melee

looking for gloves...

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
already have Awakened fire Pen (lvl 2 though)
picked up lvl5 melee

looking for gloves...

The damage increase comes from the awakened lvl 5 gem changes they implemented this league. Lvl 5 fire pen gives 10% chance for fire exposure on hit and lvl 5 melee phy gives 10% chance to intimated on hit. With 5 totems hitting almost 2 times per second both of those will be up on single target mobs.

Link to gloves: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/KDOZ40gi5

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The damage increase comes from the awakened lvl 5 gem changes they implemented this league. Lvl 5 fire pen gives 10% chance for fire exposure on hit and lvl 5 melee phy gives 10% chance to intimated on hit. With 5 totems hitting almost 2 times per second both of those will be up on single target mobs.

Link to gloves: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/KDOZ40gi5

ohhhh was unaware of the lvl 5 changes. I will pick one up.
Yeah - snagged gloves already.

Still have like 8 E to spend :p

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
ohhhh was unaware of the lvl 5 changes. I will pick one up.
Yeah - snagged gloves already.

Still have like 8 E to spend :p

Take 3 points from the randoms you have and buy a medium cluster jewel with sleepless sentries that also has the +5 intelligence passive you need.
Take 1 point from a random and put it into Elemental Mastery under Divine Fury for Exposure you inflict are -18%.
Swap your Abyssus to one with Warchief totem grants 30% increase melee damage while active enchant

Those 3 take you from 3.1m to 3.85m DPS.

Last Step

Buy something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/PJOQ3GvIL
Swap your amulet for one of these (don't forget to anoint again): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/eWDpn04FL
Fix resists on either piece of gear with Harvest swaps

You go from 3.85m dps to 4.3m dps

Congratulations, you have the most Facebreaker Warchief DPS of anyone playing it this league. And you have doubled your DPS since the start of the week.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Take 3 points from the randoms you have and buy a medium cluster jewel with sleepless sentries that also has the +5 intelligence passive you need.
Take 1 point from a random and put it into Elemental Mastery under Divine Fury for Exposure you inflict are -18%.
Swap your Abyssus to one with Warchief totem grants 30% increase melee damage while active enchant

Last Step

Buy something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/PJOQ3GvIL
Swap your amulet for one of these (don't forget to anoint again): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/eWDpn04FL

Congratulations, you have the most Facebreaker Warchief DPS of anyone playing it this league. And you have doubled your DPS since the start of the week.

#goals

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Last Step

Abyssus purchased and cluster jewel as well.
I think I re-appropriated the randoms correctly? I didn't even realize I had two + strength ones underneath the ascendency graphic

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Abyssus purchased and cluster jewel as well.
I think I re-appropriated the randoms correctly? I didn't even realize I had two + strength ones underneath the ascendency graphic

What's your impression of the build now that you're mostly finished with it?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
What's your impression of the build now that you're mostly finished with it?

It's steam roller. It pretty much smashes everything in it's way.

I still get impatient though and end up flame dashing into mobs and getting killed. But that's my own stupidity. I added molten shell into the CWDT setup for a little more protection and that seems to have helped I added increased AOE gem to the enduring cry setup too to make it easier to get the endurance charges up without being too close. Honesly, those were the best two I could think of to add into those setups.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The stygian is proving hard to find... everyone wants 20E+ for it
I saw some earlier that were reasonable, but I didn't snag it and that was a mistake it seems

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
The stygian is proving hard to find... everyone wants 20E+ for it
I saw some earlier that were reasonable, but I didn't snag it and that was a mistake it seems

Well, you could instead focus on the amulet and then use the belt to fill resists.

Buy an amulet from this list: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/aJ0G2mjfe
Craft +1 minimum frenzy on it and max it to 20 quality with noxious catalysts. There's actually a perfect one for you here if the person is still online when you're around: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/vPYvgwMSE

Max out your two rings with noxious catalysts
Fill in your resists with a nice Stygian with 90+ life (max sure fire has the most for wise oak)
You're done and you're at 4m DPS