Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I bulked up my res a bit which helped getting through T1-3 maps thus far. Still a little short on both lightning and cold, but they're at like 60%+ so not bad.
The one thing I don't like about my build all that much is after placing the totems, the first "whacks" from the ancestral warlords take a while to start up. It's just a "slow" skill it seems.

And maybe it's just bad luck on my end, but I've been getting crap for currency drops. I struggle to scrape together a couple of chaos.

As far as Scourge is concerned, the only use of it is to pop into nightmare for a few extra mobs. I just have not found any krangled item (or seen anyone brag about any online) that are worth it.

I have a tabula laying around if you want it. Also, what's with all the warcry investment in your tree? Are you just using enduring cry? You have 9 passive points into warcry.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I have a tabula laying around if you want it. Also, what's with all the warcry investment in your tree? Are you just using enduring cry? You have 9 passive points into warcry.

Thanks, but I think I'm just going to save up for a 5L Loreweave which should boost DPS quite a bit and boost resists 3% as well. My current chest piece doesn't do much besides armor and 5L

I questioned the warcry nodes as well, but I admit I'm just following the guide. Seems those points would be much better spent elsewhere. They always are the last points I invest in each "level" of the PoB build tree and I really don't see much difference. I did want to backtrack those a bit and understand them better.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Thanks, but I think I'm just going to save up for a 5L Loreweave which should boost DPS quite a bit and boost resists 3% as well. My current chest piece doesn't do much besides armor and 5L

I questioned the warcry nodes as well, but I admit I'm just following the guide. Seems those points would be much better spent elsewhere. They always are the last points I invest in each "level" of the PoB build tree and I really don't see much difference. I did want to backtrack those a bit and understand them better.

I'll look at the build guide you posted later tonight. The pathing he uses seems odd to me as well. I may be missing something.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I need to change my filter and filter out the scourge items... I keep grabbing them to look at the corruptions but so far I haven't even seen a single decent one, honestly they're worse than the regular rares that drop.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I need to change my filter and filter out the scourge items... I keep grabbing them to look at the corruptions but so far I haven't even seen a single decent one, honestly they're worse than the regular rares that drop.

Still vendor fodder.
That is the one thing I HATE about my build is picking up one-handed weapons as they automatically get equipped and i lose virtually all DPS. though as I type that, is there an options setting to turn off automatically equipping items picked up?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Still vendor fodder.
That is the one thing I HATE about my build is picking up one-handed weapons as they automatically get equipped and i lose virtually all DPS. though as I type that, is there an options setting to turn off automatically equipping items picked up?

Yep.

Reactions: Homerboy

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I turn off auto equip on pickup because I level without body armour (until usually act7 or 8) unless I find a tabula, because of the movement speed penalty.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Oh! I keep forgetting to ask...

Is anyone else noticing/experiencing a TON of Delirium maps? I swear it's like every 3rd one I load is delirium this league. No idea what's going on.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005

Here's the pathing for a lvl 90 version of that build that I would use.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Here's the pathing for a lvl 90 version of that build that I would use.

Thanks. Will take a look at it when I get home tonight. I actually did reallocate several of those warcry nodes and moved them down to the totem section next to Iron Reflexes at the bottom - more damage, more totem speed. Seems WAY better thus far.

Dropped in flame dash in place of shield charge too - allows me to go through mobs and jump gaps etc. Much nicer.

Edit: Ok I got curious and installed PoB on my work PC. Looks like you took a dif route to the same totem node. I will examine this more closely later tonight. Thanks, as always.

Edit 2: LOL PoB set off my A/V at work. Now I have to explain to the staff that monitors it what PoB is. Ironically, I'm the IT Manager so that's awkward :)

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Tell them it's a maths program, for the maths.

I just told them "white list it and STFU" :)
One dude was like "Path of Exile? I used to play that!"

On another note, I just realized I bought a REPLICA Loreweave last night. 72% max resists. FML :p
Never using poe.trade again (which I've said 100xs)

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Not finding a lot of maps since the league mechanic doesn't drop any, still doing T1 and T2 trying to complete the tier before I move on. I will start buying maps tomorrow. League mechanic is a lot more fun now though that I'm hitting 190% movement speed. I've still got the corrupted items hidden so no idea about those, can't afford to stop to look at item mods anyways with my build because I would die.

Still a lot of upgrades to go, I've spent maybe 30-40 chaos so far on gear, made a 5 link death's opus using fated prophecy and the 5 link prophecy, bought some high item level flasks to craft myself, that was a learning experience since the mods have changed since I last played.

I made 3 exalts from currency drops today so I'll start gearing my char. Playing elemental hit raider, still need to buy xoph's blood and asenath's chant but I've got lots of money now for those. Then I need to start saving for a six link and however much the +2 projectiles flask costs.

For movement skill, I stopped using dash + wind and switched to Blink arrow + faster projectiles + faster attacks + second wind. It's unnecessarily fast and I'll probably have to give it up to run a 2nd bossing setup for ele hit. But right now I've got sockets to spare.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Not finding a lot of maps since the league mechanic doesn't drop any, still doing T1 and T2 trying to complete the tier before I move on. I will start buying maps tomorrow. League mechanic is a lot more fun now though that I'm hitting 190% movement speed. I've still got the corrupted items hidden so no idea about those, can't afford to stop to look at item mods anyways with my build because I would die.

Still a lot of upgrades to go, I've spent maybe 30-40 chaos so far on gear, made a 5 link death's opus using fated prophecy and the 5 link prophecy, bought some high item level flasks to craft myself, that was a learning experience since the mods have changed since I last played.

I made 3 exalts from currency drops today so I'll start gearing my char. Playing elemental hit raider, still need to buy xoph's blood and asenath's chant but I've got lots of money now for those. Then I need to start saving for a six link and however much the +2 projectiles flask costs.

For movement skill, I stopped using dash + wind and switched to Blink arrow + faster projectiles + faster attacks + second wind. It's unnecessarily fast and I'll probably have to give it up to run a 2nd bossing setup for ele hit. But right now I've got sockets to spare.

Interesting... I've actually been doing Ok with keeping my maps up to stock. Though I just hit reds and it feels like it's starting to be a little thinner thus far
My build is pretty solid. Pretty dang tanky and if I can resist getting close to the mobs and getting "stuck" I tend to not die.It still doesn't feel like a "fun" build though. I think it's just the dumb 'thud" sound effect of the totems more than anything

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Now that we're back down to around 100 regular maps it's like it use to be for map sustain. You have to make sure you get your completion bonus up by the time you get to red maps as well as using a frag/chisel to get quantity up. Once you get rolling then it's fine but it's going to be a bit hard like it was before the atlas redo.

I ran 2 builds this league and I'm on my way down. I hit 24 challenges and a lot of the ones left are the easier ones or ones that just take a bit of time like 10 temples. I'll be done by this weekend.

First was a Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Raider. The totems allow it to clear faster than the self attack version so it's a very fast clearer. You can get good defences on it with low 80s base evade, 100% ailment avoidance and 100% spell suppression. Plus you can get enough spell suppression to run capped spell dodge if you wanted. Its primary problem is that it doesn't have leech or life regen so it eventually runs out of flasks in long battles. It also is built a bit differently than the self attack version and doesn't scale up in damage as high so it's only OK at bossing at best.

Second one is a Ice Crash dex stacking Raider. This one I'm only so so about. It plays fine, it clears ok and has better bossing damage than the Ele Hit totem build. Defenses are slightly worst but the extra 1K health and leech actually make it a tankier character. But that's necessary since you have to actually get close. It has better sustain as it deals good damage with no flasks needed. The primary problem with the build is that it lacks AoE and the secondary problem is that it's socket starved. Since it uses One with Nothing you don't actually have a weapon and all the AoE scaling clusters/passives work around some kind of melee weapon. So you're stuck with a base radius that just feels too small. Especially considering you can build up something like a Perforate Champion who has the same DPS, better defense and half a screen wide AoE. The second problem is again with One with Nothing and lacking gloves or an off hand causes you to lose out of other skills. You could easily have a guard skill, a golem, etc but you can't fit them in.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Now that we're back down to around 100 regular maps it's like it use to be for map sustain. You have to make sure you get your completion bonus up by the time you get to red maps as well as using a frag/chisel to get quantity up. Once you get rolling then it's fine but it's going to be a bit hard like it was before the atlas redo.

I ran 2 builds this league and I'm on my way down. I hit 24 challenges and a lot of the ones left are the easier ones or ones that just take a bit of time like 10 temples. I'll be done by this weekend.

First was a Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Raider. The totems allow it to clear faster than the self attack version so it's a very fast clearer. You can get good defences on it with low 80s base evade, 100% ailment avoidance and 100% spell suppression. Plus you can get enough spell suppression to run capped spell dodge if you wanted. Its primary problem is that it doesn't have leech or life regen so it eventually runs out of flasks in long battles. It also is built a bit differently than the self attack version and doesn't scale up in damage as high so it's only OK at bossing at best.

Second one is a Ice Crash dex stacking Raider. This one I'm only so so about. It plays fine, it clears ok and has better bossing damage than the Ele Hit totem build. Defenses are slightly worst but the extra 1K health and leech actually make it a tankier character. But that's necessary since you have to actually get close. It has better sustain as it deals good damage with no flasks needed. The primary problem with the build is that it lacks AoE and the secondary problem is that it's socket starved. Since it uses One with Nothing you don't actually have a weapon and all the AoE scaling clusters/passives work around some kind of melee weapon. So you're stuck with a base radius that just feels too small. Especially considering you can build up something like a Perforate Champion who has the same DPS, better defense and half a screen wide AoE. The second problem is again with One with Nothing and lacking gloves or an off hand causes you to lose out of other skills. You could easily have a guard skill, a golem, etc but you can't fit them in.

Yeah my sustain seems to be pretty decent now. I have a few holes in the white/yellows to still finish (I hate that some maps are "rare"... I guess I don't get the point of it) but keeping a stable of reds to run is pretty easy now. That being said, I MUCH prefer the "new' Atlas with less maps and zones. It's just way easier to manage and maintain

My build is still pretty tough. I did some investment over the weekend and picked up 800% Facebreakers, got my amulet anointed properly. Re did some other things to get %ages up/down and the build is tankier than ever. I would like to pick up a 20 quality Vaal Ancestral Warchief gem whcih should give a 20% boost, but the bank account isn't allowing that right now. I still have to get a 6L chest too. And find a pair of boots that I actually like. Point being - things are going well, and lots of room to still grow. Just need the $$$ to start coming in. I have hit a few drops worth 15-30C and those have added up nicely.

I started doing some Krangled maps too... meh. It's something different, but not overall engaging.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013

Lol. When the newbies are finally making it to maps.

My map drops are normal now, I was just unlucky with map drops for a day or so when almost nothing was dropping, unfortunately right when I started mapping.

I saw you mention ailment avoidance and spell suppression, these are obviously changed/new concepts since I played and I just skipped them when I made my build and buying gear. Also the new flask currency, I've picking them up but I haven't even read the description to see what they do.

I started doing some Krangled maps too... meh. It's something different, but not overall engaging.
I'm finding them OK, a little boring for a league mechanic though. I wonder how many tiers we should be corruption them to? It takes quite a while and I'll have to check what is the sweet point for rewards.

Also, I guess I'm not unlucky, they just moved the lab to yellow. Which I like.

Also, corrupted/krangled items are still bad so I'm still not picking any up. They're like talismans, but somehow worse. I don't know what GGG was smoking.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I've got a scourged map with the mod "take 6000 fire damage when you shift in/out of nightmare"
I'm at 3.8k hp. 75% res, i don't have any other sources of reduced fire damage taken and I assume evasion wouldn't help against this mod)
6000 x 0.25 = 1500 damage?
Just wanted to make sure my math is correct before I do the map. Otherwise I can grab a fire res flask as well.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Lose Blood from Blood Crucible 25% slower (scourge)
Take Physical Damage equal to 0.2% of Life plus 0.2% of Energy Shield per Second per (scourge)
1% Blood in the Blood Crucible while you are able to Shift into Nightmare (scourge)
Monsters in Nightmare take 36% less Damage (scourge)
Players have -60% chance to Evade Attack Hits while in Nightmare (scourge)
Players lose 600 Energy Shield per second while in Nightmare (scourge)
Rare Scourge Monsters drop 2 additional Maps (scourge)
Rare Scourge Monsters drop 5 additional Scourged Items (scourge)
Rare Scourge Monsters drop 3 additional Tainted Currency Items (scourge)

Here's the mods for another map. I got offered 20chaos soon as I put into my public tab, but I wasn't planning to sell it. Just wanted to know how dangerous that 0.2% of life per 1% blood mod is.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
dumb question, but I always struggle with the "right" level to level my CWDT setup to. Right now I have it casting Immortal call with cold snap and supported by Life Snap (though I may change that to increased duration?) CWDT is at lvl8... not sure if I should go higher? I never can decide

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Lol. When the newbies are finally making it to maps.

My map drops are normal now, I was just unlucky with map drops for a day or so when almost nothing was dropping, unfortunately right when I started mapping.

I saw you mention ailment avoidance and spell suppression, these are obviously changed/new concepts since I played and I just skipped them when I made my build and buying gear. Also the new flask currency, I've picking them up but I haven't even read the description to see what they do.

I'm finding them OK, a little boring for a league mechanic though. I wonder how many tiers we should be corruption them to? It takes quite a while and I'll have to check what is the sweet point for rewards.

Also, I guess I'm not unlucky, they just moved the lab to yellow. Which I like.

Also, corrupted/krangled items are still bad so I'm still not picking any up. They're like talismans, but somehow worse. I don't know what GGG was smoking.

I'm actually USING a krangled ring right now

ring.jpg

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
dumb question, but I always struggle with the "right" level to level my CWDT setup to. Right now I have it casting Immortal call with cold snap and supported by Life Snap (though I may change that to increased duration?) CWDT is at lvl8... not sure if I should go higher? I never can decide

I usually keep it pretty low (level 1-3) so it triggers Immortal call at a higher HP point and thus more often.