Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
When I look at the guild screen it shows you were tossed an invite, so check your social screen when you log on it should be there. If not send me or homer a PM of course.

I got the invite thanks. :biggrin:

I put those 3 Witch weapons in the guild bank .... :)

Last edited:

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
Yeah I know I bought 50pts for the tab, but it shows our account as 0pts now. If you tossed in 50 too, we're missing 50.

I definitely donated 50 points (1 tab) so we should make a thread to them about that...or I can I guess. I will donate a few more points when I get home tonight too, the Gbank is already a mess.

FYI I am afk most of the time (like right now I'm at work), I usually just turn on peerblock when I afk and not bother logging out.

On another note, I finally hit the notable for the extra totem. 2 Definitely makes a huge difference! I'm looking forward to hitting the notable that severly increases placement speed and duration, that'll be money, but I still have like 30 levels before I hit that.

So far it's not bad. I picked up the ghost flame cosmetic effect. Grinding through act 3 at the moment, nearly at piety. I think I'm 32 or so.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I emailed their support asking about the missing 50 points. "Chazumi" is your name in-game, correct?

My totem with ("ChangeYourClass") is at lvl 20 now. Still gotta juggle some gear around and change some socket colors and link em. I have a bunch of gear I will have to test out to see what combos results in the best DPS/resistances.

Hopefully I can get some time in tonight and for sure tomorrow during the day.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
By all means too, if anyone wants anyone (Anandtech or not) to join the guild, as long as you vouche for them, invite them.

that being said, maybe the "suggested donation" should be 50pts to buy tab(s) for the guild?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I downloaded this a looooong time ago and never got around to trying it. This thread got me interested again so I fired it up last night. It's a fun Diablo clone so far. That skill tree! Damn!

I'm playing a warrior, got up to about level 6 or so in a couple hours last night. Just playing standard right now, getting a feel for it.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet, I've got a couple gems in my weapon, and found one for my shield. Not sure what to put in all of the gem slots in my armor though. It seems like the gems are all based on attacks and don't have anything to do with armor?

I need to get on their wiki and do some reading.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I downloaded this a looooong time ago and never got around to trying it. This thread got me interested again so I fired it up last night. It's a fun Diablo clone so far. That skill tree! Damn!

I'm playing a warrior, got up to about level 6 or so in a couple hours last night. Just playing standard right now, getting a feel for it.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet, I've got a couple gems in my weapon, and found one for my shield. Not sure what to put in all of the gem slots in my armor though. It seems like the gems are all based on attacks and don't have anything to do with armor?

Yeah -- same thing for me. I downloaded in 2013 (or at least that's when I made an account) and never played. This thread caused me to fire it back up again. For me, TL and TL2 replaced Diablo, and now this has replaced TL2 for me.

The skill tree is a bit...umm... intimidating for sure. But after you get a few (failed) toons under your belt, you begin to learn how to specialize. I'm not expert by any means, but I feel I at least had some smart decisions in me :)

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Skill gems are all attacks/spells or support effects for linked attack/spells. the closest equivalents of Diablo's gem system in PoE is "jewels", which socket into your passive tree, not your gear.

Basic how-to: play with the various attack gems until you find an attack you like (say, for example, you really like Ground Slam), then figure out how to support that gem to make it awesome (say, faster attacks, multistrike, added fire damage).

AND DON'T FORGET DEFENSES. You want something between half and 3/4 of your passive tree to be dedicated purely to defense. Defense > Offense in Path of Exile. Defense mostly means life/energy shield (pick one), with armor/evasion being secondary.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Yep. :awe:

So apparently from what it says on the website, only guild leaders can buy Guild stash tabs. (I could be wrong)
I was about to go and buy one and read the print below. Can I send points (*currency) to the guild leader perhaps?

OK good news. You can send points to guild. I will send some shortly.
Then HomerBoy can purchase the stash tab. :)

Edit.... I just bought 100 Points and transferred it to the guild :) Hope it helps (transaction might take a little bit to show)

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I definitely donated 50 points (1 tab) so we should make a thread to them about that...or I can I guess. I will donate a few more points when I get home tonight too, the Gbank is already a mess.

Their support said I need to "Accept" the donation before it's available.
I accepted the donation I made, and purchased the tab. I've emailed them back.

I see only ONE transaction on our Guild page:

https://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/290043/guild-transactions

EDIT: WTF!! it's there now! Squeaky wheel!

Gift accepted. New, 2nd tab has been purchased!!

NEW Edit: Ok, that 50 point donation I just saw was from XiandreX not Elevenpog. So I took XiandreX's 50pts and bought a new tab. Elevenpog your 50 is still missing :(

Last edited:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, I've got Ground Slam that's nice for spamming AoE when I get swarmed (which is always) and then Heavy Strike (I think it's called) for single target plus stun. Leveled those gems up a couple times. I just got one for my shield that's a passive attack when I block. I'll just have to keep playing around and figure it out.

Right before quitting for the night I got my first Big Skill (the ones with the fancy borders) that added a bunch of weapon speed, accuracy, and some other stuff. I've been adding strength rather than physical damage, strength seems more balanced between damage and survival. That is a crazy skill tree though, so many ways to get where you want to go. They must have invested some serious time into developing that. I have a couple ideas of skills to head for, but we'll see what happens.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Their support said I need to "Accept" the donation before it's available.
I accepted the donation I made, and purchased the tab. I've emailed them back.

I see only ONE transaction on our Guild page:

https://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/290043/guild-transactions

EDIT: WTF!! it's there now! Squeaky wheel!

Gift accepted. New, 2nd tab has been purchased!!

NEW Edit: Ok, that 50 point donation I just saw was from XiandreX not Elevenpog. So I took XiandreX's 50pts and bought a new tab. Elevenpog your 50 is still missing :(

I sent you 100 Points... please confirm you got the full 100 :hmm:

If you see the full amount please buy a third tab

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I sent you 100 Points... please confirm you got the full 100 :hmm:

If you see the full amount please buy a third tab

That you did.
I'm TOTALLY confused but it's straightened out now. All these oddball names are confusing me!!!

2dwhqgi.jpg

Maximum # of tabs purchased. We SHOULD have 4 tabs now.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
That you did.
I'm TOTALLY confused but it's straightened out now. All these oddball names are confusing me!!!

2dwhqgi.jpg

Maximum # of tabs purchased. We SHOULD have 4 tabs now.

I also dumped a bunch of weapons, some boots and a lot of rings :)
Even some Uniques :) Please use them

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Also Derp when I send you a wisper why does it say you are not logged on?
It shows you online

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
Also Derp when I send you a wisper why does it say you are not logged on?
It shows you online

Not sure, my wife might have disconnected me at the house? I usually leave it running. I'm at work ATM though :p

Right, most of the gems are offensive. Very few are defensive (though there are a few).

I recommend that you play on a trash character until level 20 or 30, play around with different skills. You have your typical ARPG setup: melee, magic, ranged. See what interests you. Like to whack stuff with a stick? Raise zombies and skeletons? Shoot lightning? Shoot a bow?

After that start over and get a guide that focuses on those skills. No point in getting a crap character to level 60 just to be worthless at maps. You'll learn a lot from the intial playthrough. It's complicated at first but after watching some youtube or what not you'll catch on quick.

It's a pretty good game for FTP.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Regarding primary stats (strength/dex/int):

UNLESS you are using a specific build that scales off those stats (such as Pillar of the Caged God str builds, or Whispering Ice int builds), you want the bare minimum str/dex/int to support your gear + gem requirements, anything beyond that, while not bad, is definitely not worth actually seeking out.

str/dex/int are INCREDIBLY inefficient relative to the stats they actually give. 10 str is 5hp and 2% melee physical damage. For the same amount of skill points (1 minor point) you can get 5% hp (generally 40-60 depending on life rolls on gear) or ~10% melee physical damage.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Lol... this is sooo funny 3 Uniques in 30 minutes (73% IR)

Make it a 110% IR... just found a Unique with 40% IR :)

Lol 2 Uniques in 10 Minutes .... sheesh

Last edited:

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
Does it still remain true that IIQ can only be had through map affixes? Or is there gear now that can do that?

What are some of the better jewels(?) that you put into the skill tree. I can't see here at work :O

1 more hour and I'll be online!

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
The first 200% or so of Item Rarity is VERY noticeable.

After about 200%, you get much more noticeable returns from Item Quanity instead.

Too bad quantity is very hard to stack.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

Join the guild :) Have some nice gear in the guild stash you can use for your level (a low level unique sword in fact)

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Oh yeah -- duh.
I have a few other toons with higher IR and it's quite noticeable in the drop rate. It seems partying increases drop rates a ton too.

I just got some awesome movement boots with IR.. now up to 122% :)