Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
lvl 76
3593hp
52% fire
-26% cold?
44% lightning
6266 DPS with flame totem

nothing special im sure lol new player really.

Your HP is ok but as mentioned, your resists, must be capped.
Are you running 1 totem or 2?
Remember if its 2.. its 6266 per.

My current stats are

Lvl 83 Cyclone Marauder
5600 HP
76% fire
75% cold
75% ligtning
DPS 19k during combat (as long as I keep on hitting)
with burst around 21k
I am finding that I need to up my dps as I am farming Tier 7 maps
as there is so much dmg coming in that you need to burst mobs down very quickly :biggrin:

Also talking about losing levels to deaths, its very true... maps can be very easy or very unforgiving.
I need to learn to walk away from hard maps.
If you are going to tackle hard maps, do it right after leveling so you don't lose too much. :whiste:

Nov 29, 2006
Your HP is ok but as mentioned, your resists, must be capped.
Are you running 1 totem or 2?
Remember if its 2.. its 6266 per.

My current stats are

Lvl 83 Cyclone Marauder
5600 HP
76% fire
75% cold
75% ligtning
DPS 19k during combat (as long as I keep on hitting)
with burst around 21k
I am finding that I need to up my dps as I am farming Tier 7 maps
as there is so much dmg coming in that you need to burst mobs down very quickly :biggrin:

Also talking about losing levels to deaths, its very true... maps can be very easy or very unforgiving.
If you are going to tackle hard maps, do it right after leveling so you don't lose too much. :whiste:

I'm running 2 flame totems. So i guess im in the 12.5k area on DPS. Got a lot of stash tabs cleared out on 'junk" i had been saving last night. Lots to learn about valuable and unvaluable item drops.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

All of this is so very very true.
Maps are either a cake-walk or just punishing.
I've learned that my witch can handle certain tile-sets and others she just gets smoked.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I'm running 2 flame totems. So i guess im in the 12.5k area on DPS. Got a lot of stash tabs cleared out on 'junk" i had been saving last night. Lots to learn about valuable and unvaluable item drops.

Trust me its not just you learning... applies to many of us. :)
Stuff that I thought had decent value, was really not that valuable.
Jax Omen is the person to speak to. When I am unsure
I just run things past him. ;)

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I found the tooltip for cyclone isn't accurate to real DPS. How are you guys finding out your DPS?

I am L71, resists maxed and tooltip DPS is at 2600. But my DPS seems far higher. 30%+ movement speed. 3600 HP. My next 5 skill points will be going to health.

I can clear L69 pretty easily, but I have to be quick, real quick with flasks sometimes. I think I have +melee/fortify + melee damage + 50% of physical damage added as fire damage + life gain per hit + cyclone. Seems to work good.

Still, I think my gear kinda sucks, but I am not having luck increasing it much.

I think my problem is that i am not running any other abilities. I took bloodrage, iron will, unwavering stance. So I am never stunned and my granite flask has remove chill effect on use for duration... Pretty happy with my build, but Merciless is pretty ruthless. Though not quite as ruthless as what some of you are experiencing.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
All of this is so very very true.
Maps are either a cake-walk or just punishing.
I've learned that my witch can handle certain tile-sets and others she just gets smoked.

Final boss tier 6 Strand Unique map is a Hyper speed, frost aura, frozen ground, frost pulse, non stop teleporting punk b.....
Even with Quicksilver flask with ignore frost speed reduction and a frost protection flask plus frost remove on 3 normal Eternal flasks it was too much. Lesson learned

I found the tooltip for cyclone isn't accurate to real DPS. How are you guys finding out your DPS?

I am L71, resists maxed and tooltip DPS is at 2600. But my DPS seems far higher. 30%+ movement speed. 3600 HP. My next 5 skill points will be going to health.

I can clear L69 pretty easily, but I have to be quick, real quick with flasks sometimes. I think I have +melee/fortify + melee damage + 50% of physical damage added as fire damage + life gain per hit + cyclone. Seems to work good.

Still, I think my gear kinda sucks, but I am not having luck increasing it much.

I think my problem is that i am not running any other abilities. I took bloodrage, iron will, unwavering stance. So I am never stunned and my granite flask has remove chill effect on use for duration... Pretty happy with my build, but Merciless is pretty ruthless. Though not quite as ruthless as what some of you are experiencing.

I use the tooltip for Cyclone itself... not sure how off it is.

Nov 29, 2006
I think i need to focus on my resists next to cap them. Hasnt really been a problem while farming using IIR ghetto gear in Dried Lake. Did blow up once upon popping a strongbox last night though lol first death in awhile.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Tooltip dps is really only useful for comparing different builds using the same skill. Tooltip dps rarely translates to other skills in an intuitive manner, due to how the game works (and how broken tooltip is on some skills... Ball Lightning is one of the worst offenders in this!)

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Tooltip dps is really only useful for comparing different builds using the same skill. Tooltip dps rarely translates to other skills in an intuitive manner, due to how the game works (and how broken tooltip is on some skills... Ball Lightning is one of the worst offenders in this!)

So is tooltip dps higher or lower for say... Cyclone?

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I don't actually know how accurate the tooltip is for cyclone.

I gave ball lightning as an example because it's probably one of the worst tooltips in the game - it calculates dps for 1 hit/cast on a spell that hits every .2 seconds for the duration that the enemy remains in the area of affect!

Basically all 2-stage abilities are also broken, because the tooltip only calculates the first stage.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Ugh selling items has been so annoying this week.

It feels like every damn time someone wants to buy something from me, the conversation goes as thus:

Me: (currently mapping)
Buyer: "hi"
Me: (whenever I get somewhere safe) "hello there"
Buyer: CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!
A) "wtb ur jewel"
B) "you still selling that dragon nail axe?"
C) "hi"
D) "wtb ur <item> for <price FAR below what I have it listed for>"
Me: (go back to mapping, ignore retard)

Seriously, they're finding me via poe.trade, all they have to do is click "whisper" ON THE PAGE THEY'RE ALREADY ON, copy and paste the message. Quick, done, I can get them the item they need quickly and both of us can get back to playing the damn game.

Nov 29, 2006

It feels like every damn time someone wants to buy something from me, the conversation goes as thus:

A) "wtb ur jewel"
C) "hi"

Seriously, they're finding me via poe.trade, all they have to do is click "whisper" ON THE PAGE THEY'RE ALREADY ON, copy and paste the message. Quick, done, I can get them the item they need quickly and both of us can get back to playing the damn game.

Oh, im sorry. Is that not the kosher way to ask about said item? My bad :p

JK. I need to figure out how to sell and trade etc. Got some not so phat lewts to sell. I think lol

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
It's mostly just that the "hi" people are ALL difficult trade interactions.

Normal person: tells me what they want, comes to my hideout, trades, done.

"hi" person: takes forever to figure out wtf they want, expects me to come to their particular A1N town instance (annoying but not a big deal), tries to rip me off most of the time.

"hi" people are the ones who want to buy an item I have listed for 2 chaos and put 3 fusing in the window, when called out on it, say "it's same thing". NO IT'S FUCKING NOT.

"hi" people are the ones who tell me they want to buy both of the Brittle Emperor cards I have for 5 exalts each, then when they go to do the trade, claim they offered 5 exalts total and call me a twat for trying to rip THEM off. That guy got instant-ignored.

"hi" people are also the ones in the GOATSE guild with disgusting character names. Those also get instant-ignored, I refuse to do business with people like them.

Basically I hate many aspects of trading in this game. I needed to vent because it's been really bad lately.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Lol.. misunderstanding here.

He means Orbs of Alteration or "Alts" for short. Not as in 500 different alternate characters.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

A) "wtb ur jewel"
C) "hi"

Retards are retards, regardless of the game :biggrin:
I have little patience for them as well.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008

A) "wtb ur jewel"
C) "hi"

Jax, what is wrong with option B? I ask because that's generally how I approach buying from people. :-/

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Jax, what is wrong with option B? I ask because that's generally how I approach buying from people. :-/

I have the same question. I have never traded or purchased an item yet, so I don't want to be on your "!@#$ List" due to ignorance.

sushicide

Nov 7, 2001
If the seller is not in his hideout/town, asking for the availability on an item is probably pointless since he can't check right away, plus there are likely 100s of items in his shop he wouldn't memorize it all.

Also, when people are in a middle of a big fight the last thing they'd want is an ongoing conversation, that's why a mere "Hi" is generally disliked, just tell the sellers what you're buying and they'll get you when they're free.

If you click "Whisper" on poe.trade a generic wtb message will popup, you can simply ctrl-c then ctrl-v in game.
HghNT1r.jpg

Click "Verify" when checking if the item is still available for sale.

This unfortunately is the "best" way to trade, since trade chat is nothing but overpriced spam.

Last edited:

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
If the seller is not in his hideout/town, asking for the availability on an item is probably pointless since he can't check right away, plus there are likely 100s of items in his shop he wouldn't memorize it all.

Also, when people are in a middle of a big fight the last thing they'd want is an ongoing conversation, that's why a mere "Hi" is generally disliked, just tell the sellers what you're buying and they'll get you when they're free.

If you click "Whisper" on poe.trade a generic wtb message will popup, you can simply ctrl-c then ctrl-v in game.
HghNT1r.jpg

Click "Verify" when checking if the item is still available for sale.

This unfortunately is the "best" way to trade, since trade chat is nothing but overpriced spam.

Thanks useful to know.
I usually start with Good Evening (depending on time of day) :biggrin:
but the copy paste makes sense. I grew up in a very strict household as far as manners + politeness.

On a side note... dinged 84 last night :)
I should hit 85 before flash league ends and I have 3 challenges left which I would love to do in time

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
For a high ticket item, something that costs 10+ exalted orbs, why not heckle a bit? I mean, I know there is the asking price on POE, but I am sure even some sellers would be fine with an offer that might be slightly lower. Not talking a low-baller, but some feedback for an item, or some offer is better than no offer, especially if the price is set way too high.

That said, on cheap items that are like 5C or so, I'd say waste of time for both parties to heckle.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
On a side note... dinged 84 last night :)
I should hit 85 before flash league ends and I have 3 challenges left which I would love to do in time

Nice! Still stuck at 81 with my witch in standard, though I have not played much at all for a week. And I still gotta get my stupid mantle 5L. Only 61 fusing orbs though :(

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Nice! Still stuck at 81 with my witch in standard, though I have not played much at all for a week. And I still gotta get my stupid mantle 5L. Only 61 fusing orbs though :(

What is holding me back is availability of tier 6+ maps which I need to level at any decent speed.
I 5 socketed my Chestpiece and within around 45 Fusings I 5 linked so I was lucky.
However.... even though its overkill.... I still want a 6L :)
Pipe dreams hehe.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
What is holding me back is availability of tier 6+ maps which I need to level at any decent speed.
I 5 socketed my Chestpiece and within around 45 Fusings I 5 linked so I was lucky.
However.... even though its overkill.... I still want a 6L :)
Pipe dreams hehe.

I'm just going to drop 150 fusings and not gamble.