Passage of the ACHA Lays Bare The Hatred and Contempt in The Hearts of GOP Voters

Page 101 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No, they're just good at playing dumb. Liberals love it when conservatives play dumb because it strokes their ego, their self-image as the knowledgeable ones out to educate the world. It's a mutually beneficial relationship, which when ruinous are the most pernicious and difficult to dissolve.

Conservatives believe in all kinds of things they never really thought about before they believed 'em. Now that they believe they go to great lengths to defend it. They crave certainty. Questioning any of it causes the whole thing to teeter precariously so they just don't do that. It's not an issue of intelligence at all. It's an issue of blind spots. They don't even realize they have any.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Conservatives believe in all kinds of things they never really thought about before they believed 'em. Now that they believe they go to great lengths to defend it. They crave certainty. Questioning any of it causes the whole thing to teeter precariously so they just don't do that. It's not an issue of intelligence at all. It's an issue of blind spots. They don't even realize they have any.

No, they're perfectly aware what they're doing, same as the christian nazis knew killing jews for a paycheck isn't what jesus preached, nor kicking millions off essential healthcare for some upper crust tax cuts, they just don't care. Why do they have to, because they're liberal at heart? Hahahaha, liberals are so naive and dumb.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No, they're perfectly aware what they're doing, same as the christian nazis knew killing jews for a paycheck isn't what jesus preached, nor kicking millions off essential healthcare for some upper crust tax cuts, they just don't care. Why do they have to, because they're liberal at heart? Hahahaha, liberals are so naive and dumb.

Which doesn't fit well with the facts. Nearly 63M Americans voted for Trump yet approval ratings for the Repub healthcare plan are absolutely dismal.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/28/senate-gop-health-care-bill-has-dismal-approval-rating-poll.html

Are they all racists?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Most Americans I know are nice too. I have no idea where you're getting such an attitude towards me. I've said many, many times that I do not support the Senate bill on healthcare and it won't pass as it stands. You'd think that'd be a recognition that we share common ground.

Judging from what I am reading on twitter & Facebook there are plenty of Americans who aren't so nice.

You keep going on about being against the government taking over health care. What you don't seem to have understand is that under single payer all the government will do is serve as the plan administrator.

Any iteration of the AHCA will hurt people like you & your wife. What we need to do is fix ACA so that more lightly populated areas like Ohio can still get insurance coverage, we also need the government to stop sabotaging the ACA.

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013
Got nothing to do with the issue being discussed which is the definition of single payer health insurance.

A rather pathetic ploy on your part.

You're the one bragging about your wonderful health system up there. it's pertinent to that but you do make a good point that your bragging has nothing to do with the issue being discussed and you ought not have mentioned it

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013
You keep going on about being against the government taking over health care. What you don't seem to have understand is that under single payer all the government will do is serve as the plan administrator.

By serving as the plan administrator they'll have tremendous power...enough to warrant the term government takeover. They'll control:

1) What services are covered
2) Collect the money
3) Disperse the money
4) Set the fees paid for each procedure

Nov 25, 2013
You're the one bragging about your wonderful health system up there. it's pertinent to that but you do make a good point that your bragging has nothing to do with the issue being discussed and you ought not have mentioned it

Show me where I have been "bragging about" our "wonderful health care system". All I've done here is point out that you don't understand the meaning of "single payer" and provided definitions of such.

So, once again, you try and distract from the issue at hand, your lack of understanding of what a single payer system of health insurance is/does.

Still trying to dance up a storm, yet constantly tripping over your own feet. Maybe take some dancing lessons?

Reactions: Meghan54
Nov 25, 2013
By serving as the plan administrator they'll have tremendous power...enough to warrant the term government takeover. They'll control:

2) Collect the money
3) Disperse the money

1) just like any medical insurance company does.

2) Just like any medical insurance company does.

3) just like any medical insurance company does.

4) those are negotiated with the physician's groups in each province or territory, (don't know if private insurance companies do the same thing)

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

2) Collect the money
3) Disperse the money

When an entire nation is being covered I would imagine most services & procedures will be covered. I can also see a situation where people can also supplement with a private plan.

Btw, private plan admistrators also have huge control. They collect & disperse money & decide rates for services. At least the government will have a MUCH bigger pool & more negotiating power.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

4) those are negotiated with the physician's groups in each province or territory, (don't know if private insurance companies do the same thing)

Well, yeh, but he trusts people trying to make a profit more than any bureaucrat...

Reactions: xthetenth

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

2) Collect the money
3) Disperse the money

I want to point out here that if they pass the ACHA they will be granting states the power to charge people over 55 yrs of age 5X as much, to decide that people like your wife are uninsurable, off to the sick pool with her! Add 25K to your insurance bill! How's that for power?

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013

First of all hopefully we have choices in today's world of insurance companies but that is getting to be a problem too. Secondly if a gov't takes over these tasks then it is by definition a gov't takeover

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013
I want to point out here that if they pass the ACHA they will be granting states the power to charge people over 55 yrs of age 5X as much, to decide that people like your wife are uninsurable, off to the sick pool with her! Add 25K to your insurance bill! How's that for power?

They will transfer this power to the states which is where it should be

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Man I hope his wife is reading all this...if there were ever grounds for a divorce, "This son of a bitch is willfully supporting politicians whose policies are going to kill me" is it. Everything has to bow to his ideology, it seems.

Reactions: xthetenth